Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPzDTfIb0DU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Poohs Packin posted:

Moby sucks because he's an aggressive Vegan that lied about dating Natalie Portman.

Was he delusional or did he actually think that lie would make it further than the 5 minutes it took for someone to get in touch with her publicist?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They're bands for kids. They both suck and have no good songs. Let us move on.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Disco Pope posted:

Yeah, nothing as bad as RATMs "Cops are your friend" or Dead Kennedys "Check out his interview on Rogan he has some good ideas" or Bikini Kills "Tradwife Girl"

To clarify, and to be a bit less snide, I don't think that The Offspring are necessarily deliberate conservatives or pop-punk Skrewdriver or anything, but I do think the worldview on Americana has aged like milk and it makes the mid-tier pop-punk harder to stomach (like, they're better than Bowling for Soup, but not Green Day or Blink 182. They come in at about a New Found Glory). I had that record back in the day, I don't want to ruin anyone's nostalgia about it and definitely don't want to imply its politics reflects on them.

The Offspring, on Americana, come off very much like suburbanites who wanted to make a "State of the Nation" album but took the Jerry Springer show seriously. It all feels a bit mean-spirited and a little elitist with distance, so if I was half-cut and wanted some brain-erasing pop-punk, they'd probably be the last place I'd go. Even album stand out "The Kids Aren't Alright" seems to blame the characters for their situations when other punk bands can also tell stories about why someone "dropped out and had a couple of kids", and rather than be scandalised like a 50s housewife, talk about that experience. There's a lack of empathy and derision of the underclass on that album, which feels antiethical to its influences.

Yeah they fucken suck.