Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
This is more of a ‘band I don’t like’ than a ‘band that sucks’, but Blue Monday by New Order.
I loved Joy Division, but Sumner’s terrible lyrics and crappy singing generally ruin NO for me. Hooky’s cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

Beefed Owl posted:

Feet don't fail me now - Queens of the Stone Age

Feel Good Hit Of The Summer says you’re incorrect

https://youtu.be/XvDZuptvupk?si=yook7vI5ajf0A5Q_

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

I hate Pearl Jam with every fiber of my being, Vedder’s style of singing is just horrible, but they knocked it out of the loving park with ‘Do the Evolution’. Great song, even better video.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

YeahTubaMike posted:

:hmmyes:

edit:

The only things I know about Pearl Jam are that they made a big effort to fight against Ticketmaster's monopoly (good), "Do the Evolution" (good), and "Last Kiss" (very, very bad). None of those are reasons to hate them imho, so I'd love to know what makes them hateable in case I've missed something.

I strongly supported their ‘gently caress Ticketmaster’ crusade and I’ve also heard Vedder is a decent dude, but the way he sings, holding one note forever(eeeeeeeeeevenfloooooowwww, daugggggggghttttttterrrr) is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me, plus their guitar work sounds generically sludgy to my ears.

I made it a point not to say they sucked, as I know a lot of people like them, I’m just not one of them.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

Xotl posted:

SoM stuff

Well put, although Floodland is a guilty pleasure of mine. Vision Thing’s title track and Detonation Boulevard are kinda OK, to be charitable, but their early singles and Reptile House EP are the poo poo and I’ll fight anyone who says otherwise. Or at least dance really oddly in front of a fog machine.