Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

grate deceiver posted:

You must have fell into a hole you've discovered the stage skipping mechanic

Can anyone give a hint for 204? This is how it looks:

I don't see how this can work with this few pieces, unless I'm missing some interaction.
Black thing can fall off and you'll still have something that can press the button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So what are the enemies that look like leeches?

Also (major spoiler I hit nine hours in) jeez the floor B67 treasure totally changes the game. From solving hard puzzles to cheating at them (which I enjoy a lot more ha).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

To people who have beaten beaten the game, how many times did you accidentally take a black statue staircase? I need to know if I'll get better at this.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm kind of stuck (20 hours in) I've gotten real endings with Gray, Lillie, and Cif but don't really know where to go from here. There are still three murals I can't read (the one with the giant hole, the one missing half, and the blank one at the end). I haven't taken good enough notes either there's something I'm supposed to do 23 times but I forget what it is. Not sure how I'm going to proceed with this game from here I can't just go from 1 to 255 over and over.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

lih posted:

i'm pretty sure the info about doing something 23 times is in the room you get to via the mural with a giant hole? the second mural (which is the most ridiculous to figure out)

here are a few other things to look into though:
have you noticed the floor number that's skipped over?
have you been to b000?
have you learned all of mon's shortcuts?
Do I really need to learn every shortcut? I killed the snake and have gone to Cif's room but all it gave me was a lot of locusts. There's almost certainly another seal given the metroid statue, I've killed bigMon (in Cif's playthrough) and tail.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I finished the game (with half a dozen instances of internet assistance) and never figured out what picross was for. At least I figured out DIS brand on my own.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

lih posted:

it's supposed to be similarly ambitious/full of secrets as this is, i'm looking forward to playing it after this even though i don't really like shmups
It's definitely not, the game is pretty linear. The last 20% of the game is basically the best game I've ever played though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Now that I've wrapped up what I'm doing, I'm real curious where you saw that-- I poked around post-big-head and I'm not seeing any stink lines in my game
Allegedly here

Just saw it posted so I haven't confirmed it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

Hard B037

why
To laugh when it happens to other people.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The first 230 floors or so is usually the driest part. It's really freakin well done but things can get a lot more free form and easy afterwards if you secret hunt a bit instead of immediately progressing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

WhiteHowler posted:

I'm in the same boat. Got to ~B029 on the second playthrough, accidentally activated a level skip, got to a string of levels I don't really care for with a lot of enemies to avoid and very little margin for error.

I'm glad there's a ton of stuff to find, but the bulk of the game now seems to be playing the same puzzles again to unlock/discover the next thing and... I don't really want to do that.
If you're going to quit the game anyways you can at least (big big spoilers) copy the pattern of the third mural (B57) onto floor B67. you might find sticking around more enticing.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 12, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ymgve posted:

Is that required for continuing? Because I find it hard enough doing the game in normal mode with all the mistakes I do.
Die on purpose and reject the fruit. You earned a relevant present when you finished the void run but the game won't tell you until you go back to the brand entry screen.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

WhiteHowler posted:

Thanks, I'll try it.

I tried recreating one of the murals on a floor with the same number of tiles during my first run, and nothing happened. I figured I wasn't doing it right.
Oh I see. Yeah this is dumb but (spoiler) you have to be holding the stairs. I didn't figure it out on my own either.

ymgve posted:

How do I restart my run?
If (not a spoiler for ymgve) you're voided you have to find a black four eyes statue and put stairs directly under it (like the stairs steup you walked into at the end of your void run), then die and reject the fruit. If you're not voided just die and reject the fruit. These are both ways to go back to the title screen.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 12, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

One of the recent patches changed a thing that I don't want to even bother spoiling since it's pretty critical to know-- if you're voided but want to bail all the way back to the "put in a brand" screen, if you jump down any pit enough times in succession you'll end up on a black screen. If you hit A several times you'll get back up and keep going, but if you hit A once and then leave the controller alone you'll eventually just die. Holding select after that will quit the game and let you restart with a new brand.
I imagine people were just (big spoilers) getting stuck as itemless NG+. Though there is straight up no other way out of NG++ outside of victory or the freakin easter egg.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ymgve posted:

With a game so obsessed with abruptly terminating the game process, I just assumed refusing the fruit would just exit the game.
Well, it does that too. lol.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tier list:

Green > purple > everything else > grey > orange.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

bees x1000 posted:

been stuck on this loop 3 floor for a full day

movement options are so limited that the solution can't be hard but man my brain isn't working. I can't figure out how to get the dude in front of me to get that second statue.
I got stuck here too. SPOILER: use the nook that houses the left freeze eye thing to get your character to the left of the clone.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

bees x1000 posted:

ah man of course, it's so obvious once you said it
Yeah its a weird one. When I asked for help I saw a lot of other people asking for help on it too, I got so hung up on looking for a hand eye to push against that the solution didnt even occur to me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bad Seafood posted:

Alright, I've got no one to blame but myself for this, but I'm a little annoyed at a recent development.

Found the cube, found the wings, found the sword - cool boss fight BTW - and kept finding more hidden areas. Well, one of these dumped me into some kinda meat labyrinth with statues that freeze me whenever they see me, and while I figured out a few of them they quickly reduced my generous locust allowance down to nil and I died. I guess that's on me for poking my nose where it doesn't belong, but it kinda annoys me to think I'll have to start all over from the beginning. I could take the apple of course, but then am I stuck in meat land or does it send me back to the void proper? Do I lose my burdens if I reset?

I know there are a few ways to cut down on it, but the need to play the game over and over again does get a little grating.
You will be able to keep your burdens no matter what you do.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

grate deceiver posted:

Hey all, need a hint again with 129:

This is one I skipped every time before but now I'm tryig to preserve locusts. How am I supposed to kill everything where there are two enemies that will lock out the statue? And it also looks like there is no way of picking up the switch block safely...

I got stuck here too back when I did it. Enemy collision rules dont just apply to bulls.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

- I've written down the text on all the brands as well as taken screenshots. It seems like there might be a way to translate the text to the brand and back; software dev brain is telling me that the binary values are the key, but this is where I'm stuck. Is there more information I can find in-game, or do I have the tools I need (in theory)? If I do, can I get a little push here, too?
The B29 mural puzzle is infamously stupid/difficult probably the most unfair thing in the whole game. I'd start by having you think about the tail that runs through the B30s.

quote:

- Y/N: is hard mode unlocked by finishing a run while not voided?
yes

quote:

- If so, is the unlock affected by running infinity? What about if I get rid of the infinite locusts mid-run, does that act any different?
It is not affected period, runs count as unvoided as long as your HP isnt VOID.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ymgve posted:

Thanks but also what. I really need to see someone's snake collage and how the hell they arrived at that solution
BIG SPOILER!!!

If the world were full of people like me I would put this in the OP btw. I love the game but I don't respect this puzzle.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Zodack posted:

Late late game spoiler:

Me: "ah yes, I finally can open the entrance to DIS. I can't wait to see a cool cutscene and get a lore dump"
The game: "DIS nuts"

proceeds to throw the most brutal puzzles imaginable at me

very glad I did brane manip and had like 90 locusts going in. I see now why Cif's room gives you 99 lol

I'll be honest though I don't think DIS was that bad. I was expecting itemless NG+ levels of brutality but you get a lot of space and freedom to do stuff most of the time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chumpy posted:

Can someone explain to me how this puzzle is even possible? https://imgur.com/a/4IMRKGq

Am I reading this correctly that I have to somehow kill three mimics with one statue push? I can't approach the statue because it zaps me, but I'm only able to kill one mimic per statue push meaning there's always one left over. And I'm not allowed to stab them with my sword. Am I missing a mechanic of how these statues work?
You've forgotten the other way two mimics can kill each other.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MrBlarney posted:

I'm not sure if there's any other mysteries I should be poking at right now. But if you're reading this and think I've not mentioned something important in all my posts so far, I'll be happy to take a minor pointer.[/spoiler]
This is a big mechanical spoiler but its something a lot of players see early on.

Have you ever walked to the very, very bottom of your screen?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

poe meater posted:

unfortunately, I can't let the monster die or else the statue disappears. Nothing to press the button.
Pull the egg north (I dont think I got this one but this should work if you make a bridge on the right)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 14, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

John DiFool posted:

So how do I find the first traitorous lord? I know its tail, and when I go to floor 30 I can get the statue to disappear, but then what? I went back and did the mural and the seal is still there. What do?.
Is there anything that removing the statue lets you access?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

John DiFool posted:

Do I need the void blade? If so where do I get that because I don't know where to find it. I've only had one given to me on the cif run.
Yes you need it. You should have everything you need just look out for 6x6s.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

grate deceiver posted:

Here's what happened:

I rested under the tree and seen the, I think, final memory of Johann with 3 void lords and Princess making a pact. I descend to 255, and while trying to find some secret interaction I pick up the HP block and kill myself :negative: So I return voided, jump down, meet the void lords they ask me what I wish for, and Lady Gray says she doesn't remember and I just restart the game with no new stuff. So I'm thinking either she doesn't rememer because of being voided, or I need to unlock all of the Memories to proceed.
Dang, yeah thats not the normal one. On the plus side you saw a rare ending?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

grate deceiver posted:

Well good news, I ate the next one as well :negative:
I had to start saying to myself "6x6, statue" every time I changed floors to make sure I wouldnt miss either.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

grate deceiver posted:

Am I equipped to solve it now, or do I need to come back to it later? I'm currently in the middle of hard mode run, not completed yet.
It's a total gimmick mural. I'm not sure how to even give a hint safely. This totally gives it away so don't read if you don't want the answer but do you always read murals from the same tile?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

striking this down does remove the seal.

:smith:
Wow Bee's pretty nasty huh?

Venuz Patrol posted:

I do know about the fruits. mild endgame spoiler: completing the dev commentary route by walking into the eclipse will run a credit sequence that tallies all your bonus secrets including the fruits
I've done dev commentary both jumping in the eclipse and not but didn't get anything special (credits/game modes etc) beyond going to that screen that leads to either tile puzzle or cif statue. How do I get to the tally screen?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

lih posted:

have you solved all the murals yet? the big progression hints are hidden behind the more difficult ones

if you restart the run with the cif statue there after jumping in the eclipse then you get a new ending when you pick up the rod
It didn't happen for me unfortunately. Maybe I'll restart run and try again it's possibly just a bug.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mr Snips posted:

Is there a way to reset to the brand menu during cif mode? I replayed hard mode to see a memory I skipped the first time but I'd rather not have to do all this again, especially meat land
Spoilers: Pick up the B tile in your HUD that takes you to the blank screen. Follow the noise by exoting your screen on the side the noise is loudest and if you see a shadowy figure follow it. Eventually you'll find a thing thump it 6 times then wait 6 seconds.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

did Cif's brand, followed the hint, and got the upgraded thingy. Before I directly ask what to do next, a y/n:

In this image I'm clearly in the wrong room, but do I at least have the right general idea?

You sure you want me to confirm it? Won't the tension of unpredictability make for a bigger rush?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The area you're playing is my favorite area. Loved all them puzzles except the stupid gimmick one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Zodack posted:

Ugh, does anyone remember the solution to this lategame zone?

I solved it before coming through here as Gray, this time I'm always one tile off. Getting a little tired of the repetition. I've remembered every other puzzle really well but for some reason not this one.

You can make a hole to the left of the middle statue, get right button, put it on the hole, then stay safe behind statues the rest of the time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think this may be tied to burdens. Having the sword or wings would mess up the sequence because you might be able to get ahead of her on some levels before you're the one where you're supposed to catch her. So I think she just doesn't spawn if you have them.
She spawned when I had wings no sword with lillie and I couldnt catch her. So it might just be sword for whatever reason (or something else entirely).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

you know, the one with the statues

This one was not easy. Take lillie out of her cubby to get everything else set up and have her personally push that statue straight into the hand. Then stick her back in her narrow passage after getting things lined up and kill the mimic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Are the 0st ranger and sound test brands anywhere? My game didn't give me the special ending post dev room.