Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bethamphetamine posted:

These billionaires are not degreed experienced city planners.

They have decided that there will be an olive tree grove, because Jesus i guess.

They're working it out as they go, which will definitely bear good fruit because they are all geniuses.

wait until their construction gets halted because they can't obtain the proper permits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Bethamphetamine posted:

These billionaires are not degreed experienced city planners.

They have decided that there will be an olive tree grove, because Jesus i guess.

They're working it out as they go, which will definitely bear good fruit because they are all geniuses.

I need deets

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Bethamphetamine posted:

Is Michelle Obama still secretly a man to her, or will that get revived later?

"we all know michelle obama is secretly a man, so does that mean joe biden could be secretly black? maybe michelle obama is joe biden, im just asking questions here"

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

petit choux posted:

I need deets

It's a bunch of libertarian investors Seasteading on land (or, more likely, being grifted).

Anyway, it's got 'funny' written all over it and I look forward to seeing it roll out NFTs and blockchain.

https://abc7news.com/travis-air-force-base-flannery-associates-land-purchase-solano-county/13741758/

quote:

The CEO of the investment firm Flannery Associates met one-on-one with Rep. John Garamendi (D-CA) to discuss his vision for the new utopian city, which would be located in eastern Solano County near Travis Air Force Base, and the Democratic lawmaker came away with major concerns, reported KGO-TV.

"It was a continuation of my disappointment," Garamendi said. "It's very, very clear that they do not have a plan for the 55,000 acres."

"It's very, very clear that they intend to go to an initiative to change the zoning requirements for that entire 55,000 acres," he added. "In doing so, they may very well diminish or eliminate the protections that Travis Air Force Base presently has. So I remain very, very concerned."

The firm backed by California Forever purchased nearly $1 billion worth of property in the area, but Flannery said there are currently no plans to build homes of other conflicting developments within a mile of the base. Garamendi and fellow Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA) wondered why that land was prioritized years ago.

"I asked them about that because their city plans or their new city plans are a considerable distance from some of the properties that they were purchasing," Thompson said, "and they had, I guess, an explanation for why they bought some of those properties, and it ranged anywhere from housing that they want to be able to build, to an area that is maybe suitable for housing."

Supervisor Mitch Mashburn, who represents the area, said the land was zoned for agriculture, although there are restrictions for even that type of use, and Flannery confirmed the firm's interest in some parcels near Travis Air Force Base to be used for olive orchards.

"No specific development plans were given to us, and I don't believe they have any specific development plans," Garamendi said. "It's a fairytale."

"How are you going to build the infrastructure, the streets, the water, the sewers, and what are you going to do about the two state highways that are very narrow, two lane roads right now?" Garamendi added. "They said, 'Oh, we'll pay our fair share' ...Well, basically, they told me they're going to load up existing taxpayers to help pay for this new city."

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I'm so conflicted

this Trump thread is run by Harton, who probably won't shut it down for hours at a time just because he's on the rag

otoh the other Trump thread is dedicated to Crusader so am I betraying his memory by posting here

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Whatever happened to that Rapture-esque city a bunch of Ayn Rand types were going to build? I was more excited for that then some bullshit out in the desert

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

crime fighting hog posted:

Whatever happened to that Rapture-esque city a bunch of Ayn Rand types were going to build? I was more excited for that then some bullshit out in the desert

If you aren't a mover and/or shaker you won't get to see it. It's reserved for the lions of industry.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Bethamphetamine posted:

https://twitter.com/USCGSoutheast/status/724341269187555329

I'm not sailing, I'm travelling. Admiralty law. Gold Fringe!

fuckin nanny state! let the man drown to death in terror and agony!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

For 7 years Mike Pence only spoke well of me. Now he’s decided to go to the “Dark Side.” Why didn’t he do this years before, just like why didn’t DOJ and Deranged Jack Smith bring these Fake Indictments three years ago. Why did they wait until the middle of my Campaign where I am beating DeSanctimonious and all others badly, and beating Biden in almost every Poll?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

Was just watching Mike Pence make up stories about me, which are absolutely false. I never said for him to put me before the Constitution—I don’t talk that way, and wouldn’t even think to suggest it. Mike failed badly on calling out Voter Fraud in the 2020 Presidential Election, and based on the fact that he is at approximately 2% in the Polls, with no money or support, he obviously did the wrong thing. His advisors have led him down a very bad path!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

They spied on my Campaign, Impeached me twice, had the Russia, Russia Hoax, the Fake Dossier Hoax, FISA Fraud, Election Fraud, the “No Collusion” Mueller Hoax, and so much more. I was innocent on all counts. If I am elected, they will be brought to JUSTICE, something that Republicans have always been afraid to do.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

Right now Republicans in Congress and the Senate have to get tough, and put everything together in one big, neat package, because I will be President in one and a half years, and we will pick the strongest, toughest, and most respected Attorney General, and if guilty, we will put them all in jail where they belong, just as they are trying to do to me based on NOTHING.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

Ann Coulter, the washed up political “pundit” who predicted my win in 2016, then went unbearably crazy with her demands and wanting to be a part of everything, to the consternation of all, has gone hostile and angry with every bit of her very “nervous” energy. Like many others, I just didn’t want her around - She wasn’t worth the trouble!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

petit choux posted:

If you aren't a mover and/or shaker you won't get to see it. It's reserved for the lions of industry.

i only wish to eat the crumbs that fall from their table

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
that John lewis character sure is something

https://twitter.com/toonsgowild/status/1699229746519838723

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Bethamphetamine posted:

https://twitter.com/USCGSoutheast/status/724341269187555329

I'm not sailing, I'm travelling. Admiralty law. Gold Fringe!

can’t this be solved by stop stopping him?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

Ann Coulter, the washed up political “pundit” who predicted my win in 2016, then went unbearably crazy with her demands and wanting to be a part of everything, to the consternation of all, has gone hostile and angry with every bit of her very “nervous” energy. Like many others, I just didn’t want her around - She wasn’t worth the trouble!

this is a good one lol

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

Page 2: Has been Ann Coulter is a Stone Cold Loser!!!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

Boom roasted

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

many such cases

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

that's gotta sting

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

crime fighting hog posted:

i only wish to eat the crumbs that fall from their table

Oh, you will. Insects, all of you!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

Rip and tear, Mr. President, until it is finished.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Harton, you need to change it to say Trumptember.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

petit choux posted:

Harton, you need to change it to say Trumptember.

Septrumber

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Vim Fuego posted:

Septrumber

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Harton, your peeple are calling out to you.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

petit choux posted:

Harton, your peeple are calling out to you.

I can hear them saying his name

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Vim Fuego posted:

Septrumber

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol