Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

goodness posted:

Singles market is already dropping significantly. L Elsa is down $20

At a Sealed event a few weeks ago I met a player who'd sold his entire collection to an LGS owner days earlier. He was still sort of waffling if it had been the right choice, sounds like it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
poo poo, maybe I oughta sell what scant rares I've got. They're not doing me any good at the moment.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It's a shame they clearly never put the name of the game through school bully user acceptance screening; giving them the easy layup of "dork-ana"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

CapnAndy posted:

poo poo, maybe I oughta sell what scant rares I've got. They're not doing me any good at the moment.

Sell all your rares and then convince everyone the Lorcana ‘pauper’ format is hot right now.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I think I just used up all my luck for the rest of my life? Last card from the five packs I picked up on lunch at Target

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So I think I just used up all my luck for the rest of my life? Last card from the five packs I picked up on lunch at Target

Im jealous, you got the best one! Though I would sell it for ~$800 and buy it back next year for $100.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Great pull, Mrs Randalor pulled the enchanted Aurora and is still debating on what to do with it. I voted for "put it into a deck and feign ignorance".

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I cannot fathom the amount of luck it took to find boosters at Target, let alone that pull.

goodness posted:

Though I would sell it for ~$800 and buy it back next year for $100.
Me too, for the record.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Finally got a hold of a couple starters without paying the turboscalper troll toll thanks to a fellow goon and got to play with the kids. The Magic loving kid loved it and wanted to play again and again. The Mickey loving kid liked it pretty well. I'll up-gun them with some rares out of the few boosters we've collected and we'll play some more over the weekend.

My partner even seemed to enjoy it and suggested she might like it if I built her a Little Mermaid themed deck, which I'll look to do when supply makes the singles market continue to chill. Looking at the card list looks like that would be an amber-amethyst deck that tries to use song synergy to generate card advantage off the Shell Necklace while benefiting from the songs themselves with the headliners being Ariel Spectacular Singer and Ursula Power Hungry. Shame a lot of the cast (triton, flounder) is sitting in Sapphire but they're current incarnations are vanilla nobodies anyway. Given the card pool I'll have to dillute the mer-theme a bit but I'm sure when expansions start dropping there will be more fin for the win.

E: Here's my first crack at it:

3 Ariel - Spectacular Singer
4 Be Our Guest
4 Part of Your World
4 Ursula's Shell Necklace
4 Friends On The Other Side
3 Ariel - On Human Legs
3 Sebastian - Court Composer
3 Ursula - Power Hungry
3 Flotsam - Ursula's Spy
3 Jetsam - Ursula's Spy
4 Freeze
2 Prince Phillip - Dragonslayer
2 Stitch - New Dog
3 Heihei - Boat Snack
2 Hakuna Matata
4 Maleficent - Sorceress
3 Elsa - Snow Queen
3 Anna - Heir to Arendelle
3 Hades - Lord of the Underworld

It uses songs to generate card advantage/selection and recur characters. Freeze and Elsa tap down anyone we want to challenge before they quest. Flotsam and Jetsam can help us bash them, and Prince Phillip is a suicide nuke we can recur with Hades and Part of Your World. Once we're comfortably ahead on card count and disrupted their board, Ursula starts shutting the door. IDK I'm bringing a lot of assumptions from Magic and a handful of starter deck games, but with one set and only two colors per deck we'll see.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Sep 16, 2023

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Does anybody have clearer news about the second printing of set one than “It should arrive October 1st”?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

DalaranJ posted:

Does anybody have clearer news about the second printing of set one than “It should arrive October 1st”?

The second printing of chapter one is coming in 2024.

Big box stores still get product every week but it’s usually snapped by scalpers instantly. I got a few boosters this week randomly in target because I saw someone with dozens and asked customer service about it. They were handing them out from behind the counter.

LGS are supposed to get a second wave of product in October but there’s no specific dates.

Getting Chapter One before next year is just going to be lucking out and being there when something gets stocked. I would say you could camp the big box stores or learn the route of excel marketing in your area but the scalpers are already way ahead of you.

Still haven’t found any starters so I can’t actually play and probably won’t until Chapter 2.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 24, 2023

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Saltpowered posted:

Getting Chapter One before next year is just going to be lucking out and being there when something gets stocked. I would say you could camp the big box stores or learn the route of excel marketing in your area but the scalpers are already way ahead of you.
I had a really odious encounter with a LGS that actually had Lorcana in stock -- for $15 a pack, and the owner practically sneered at me when I asked if there was a chance prices might get closer to MSRP when more stock comes out in October. So I've got a feeling I met the dude who's camping all the local big boxes every week.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

CapnAndy posted:

I had a really odious encounter with a LGS that actually had Lorcana in stock -- for $15 a pack, and the owner practically sneered at me when I asked if there was a chance prices might get closer to MSRP when more stock comes out in October. So I've got a feeling I met the dude who's camping all the local big boxes every week.

Report the store to Ravensburger. They’ve said they will remove all allocations from stores gouging prices.

https://www.ravensburger.us/service/contact-us/index.html

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

Lorcana's first expansion, the creatively titled The Second Chapter, hits shelves on November 17th. We don't know much about it yet, but it will add Raya and the Last Dragon to the list of represented franchises, along with more Mulan and Winnie the Pooh representation. (And, hopefully, Ravensburger will have learned their lesson about print run sizes.)

Talking to the people I know who run LGS about their allocations compared to orders and :laffo: NOPE, just to warn you all

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Escobarbarian posted:

Talking to the people I know who run LGS about their allocations compared to orders and :laffo: NOPE, just to warn you all

Yeah, probably won't see large print runs until Set 4, maybe 3. They have to be put in months in advance supposedly so by the time the August release happened, Chapter 2 was already printed and Chapter 3 was likely being printed.

e: Looks like the 2024 reprint was moved up to release this holiday season!

https://mushureport.com/disney-lorcana-reprint-by-holidays-2023/

goodness fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 29, 2023

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

e: oh hey, didn't see that edit.

Per an email from Ravensburger, the 2024 reprint has been moved up to Holiday 2023 (whenever that is) and will include Rise of the Floodborn.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Shop Disney is saying December 1st:

https://www.shopdisney.com/disney-lorcana/

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
played my first non-casual tournament last night. it was 3 rounds swiss best of 3. I won the very first game, and then proceeded to loose the next 6 running a Rockstar Stitch zoo (which I'm going to retire and try some other decks next time),, ending in last place (tied with one other person out of 25 players)

They do weekly mini games at my store for extra stickers that are Disney themed. One week they had monkeys in a barrel themed after Abu, this week it was throwing plastic axes at a dartboard (the kind with the pegs for non-sharp darts, the axes weren't sharp). to get 1 sticker if you hit the target, and 1 sticker for knocking a wedged beast card down.

I feel like I'm still very bad at deckbuilding, but I did some reworking on my other two decks I'm going to try.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
A LGS here just started taking preorders for Floodborn today. Nov 17 pickup. Limited to 1 booster box and 1 set of decks per person. We’ll see if they even get enough product for that.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

yeah, that's what they limited to at my store as well. (box + up to 1 of each of the decks or a mat)). they only were going to get 12 boxes so they raffled to see who could buy it out of 25 people. I won and was able to buy a box (was very tempted to buy the decks too, but I'm trying to limit myself).

I heard of other places had 30 boxes and was reserving over the phone. One person who goes to my store drove around and preordered 10 boxes(!?)

I played some more today at my store, and did a quick edit of my Stitch deck. I added Kuzco and some Hatters, getting rid of some damage boosters and I think it preforms a lot better. I played 1 game with it and didn't win, but it was really close, which is better than usual.

I played my first multiplayer game with ruby/steel, 3rd player (3rd+ players should really get an extra card for each seat in order), and I ended up winning. Player in 1st seat couldn''t beat both of us and I convinced him to take out the 2nd person to let me win.

Did Lorcana release multiplayer rules yet? I heard it was something that's been testplayed internally, but I don't remember if there are rules. I can't find any searching, so I'm guessing no.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
I'm taking the kids to Disneyland in a couple of weeks. Is there anything Lorcana-specific that I should try to hunt down while I'm there?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Muir posted:

I'm taking the kids to Disneyland in a couple of weeks. Is there anything Lorcana-specific that I should try to hunt down while I'm there?

The Lorcana site says they have product at Disney Pin Traders but who knows how often they have stock.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Spent last night watching videos about Lorcana and now I'm a Lorcana man. Make mine Lorcana!

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Walmart has had started decks for sale a few days a week the last few weeks in the morning online. I grabbed 2 this morning. I’ve been using this discord server to find drops:

https://discord.gg/trackalacker-929564867516579902

Don’t bother with FYE if you see it pop up. It’s botted and instantly sells out but WM has been fine when I’ve gotten a ping. The decks lasted until 8AM est this morning.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
A LGS around here got an email from their distributor that said the October LGS restock would be next week and the reprint will ship to retailers in North America mid-November. While there will still be a shitload of scalpers this may make it possible to find product soon.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

yeah, a nice 2 day window to buy like 3 packs for $14 each from an LGS, can’t wait!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

coelomate posted:

yeah, a nice 2 day window to buy like 3 packs for $14 each from an LGS, can’t wait!

The november/december reprint should be pretty huge based on the way official Lorcana twitter has been talking about it though.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Are these cards going to look the same as the first batch or be like beta/unlimited MTG?

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Ineptitude posted:

Are these cards going to look the same as the first batch or be like beta/unlimited MTG?

Same.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Well, on that topic, post from Lorcana on Facebook:

quote:

Disney Lorcana fans! We have some exciting updates to share.

First of all, the October booster pack restock will begin to roll out at local game stores in North America starting next week. The reprint of The First Chapter boosters and starters is moved up, and will begin shipping mid November in North America. We hope that this reprint quantity will make the game more readily available. Our goal is for fans to have no difficulty finding product to get started.

Next, we want to announce that starting in Q2 2024, we will have both official fan events and an official competitive circuit. Fan events will be a way for Disney fans to come together to share their love of Disney Lorcana even if they may not necessarily play the game. Competitive events will be the premiere place for Disney Lorcana TCG players to prove themselves. You can also expect exclusives for each of these types of events, and we will share more details in January 2024.

While we have tournament guidelines and other policies live on the official Disney Lorcana site, we will provide regular updates as we align globally and take in feedback from our players to make competitive play the best experience we can.

Lastly, we’ve recently announced a change to convention promos. Going forward, convention promos will no longer have the logo of the convention on them, but there will be three new cards available for each set with a promo icon in the rarity spot. These cards have slight differences to the foil pattern compared to the cards found in the booster packs. When we are attending conventions in any region, we will announce how you can obtain promo cards, you might even be able to get all three at one event!

Thank you for all of your feedback and excitement surrounding Disney Lorcana TCG! We want this to be a thriving community for years to come, and can’t wait to kick off more official events soon!
Also has images of three new cards, and the trend of renaming songs from Beauty and the Beast for no apparent reason continues, as "Gaston" is apparently now titled "Four Dozen Eggs"???

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

CapnAndy posted:

Well, on that topic, post from Lorcana on Facebook:

Also has images of three new cards, and the trend of renaming songs from Beauty and the Beast for no apparent reason continues, as "Gaston" is apparently now titled "Four Dozen Eggs"???

I can understand wanting some disambiguation, even though it makes perfect sense that Gaston's favorite song about Gaston is called "Gaston".

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

loving yowzers.

Combo him with Tinkerbell, Giant Fairy or Grab Your Sword (or a lot of Steel cards really) and just sit back and wipe out your opponent's entire board at zero risk to yourself.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

loving yowzers.

Combo him with Tinkerbell, Giant Fairy or Grab Your Sword (or a lot of Steel cards really) and just sit back and wipe out your opponent's entire board at zero risk to yourself.

Deathtouch has arrived.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
A local LGS finally got their 1st restock of chapter one. 7 boxes. Even limiting only boxes purchases to the first few people and 3 pack limit to everyone else in line, they did not have cards for everyone in line when they opened.

That’s the only place I’ve seen selling at MSRP. Several LGS have been doing market price or 50% markup on their restocks.

Really hoping the real reprint arriving later this month is substantial and not just the same quantities.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wife pulled an enchanted Big Tink out of her very first pack today.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Got a couple boosters on a lark and the boy pulled the alternate treatment aurora dreaming guardian

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

Got a couple boosters on a lark and the boy pulled the alternate treatment aurora dreaming guardian

Rad, they deserve it.

With RotF coming out next week, I've got my eye on a Ruby Steel challenger deck.

https://lorcania.com/decks/kzJBD7HKrUTmBVOe

This is a first draft. I'm not quite satisfied with the curve but I'm gonna be testing it as soon as I can.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is physical stores selling boosters for 12 bucks a pack standard or is that just my local game store?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Eggplant Squire posted:

Is physical stores selling boosters for 12 bucks a pack standard or is that just my local game store?

In my area even the "good, nice" stores are scalping a little over MSRP, :10bux: typically, and one booster per day per household

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Eggplant Squire posted:

That’s your local store scalping. I bought 2 boxes in the last week from stores around here at MSRP (5.99 pack/$145 a box)

I did unfortunately have to over pay slightly to preorder Floodborn at two other stores 190 each box but it’s still substantial better than the $250-$300 a box scalper prices.