Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
I hope locations slow down aggro a bit. Right now I feel like I’m playing aggro or ramping so I can play be prepared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Ulta posted:

I hope locations slow down aggro a bit. Right now I feel like I’m playing aggro or ramping so I can play be prepared.

I think this is probably a combination of aggro/ramp being very strong right now but also the entry point to good aggro or ramp decks being cheap/easy to get. Pawsicle decks are very good and easily to build and upgrade. Comparatively good Steelsong or other decks require many more rare cards to come online.

Even before locations are out I think we’ll see some of this calm down with more product availability. Speaking of, there is lots more product out there now. WM/Target/B&N are getting stocked weekly and I’ve seen plenty of first chapter every time I’ve been.

Booster box prices on TCGplayer for tfc have crashed to close to MSRP. Floodborne is still hard to find but that should resolve itself in a few weeks.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

From the Disney Lorcana Discord Q&A:

quote:

-Locations are played for the cost in the upper corner, same like any other card
-They come into play horizontally
-Characters can move to locations (even if the character is wet) for the cost on the left side of the card (that looks like of like a map -marker)
-Characters at locations act like normal (they can quest, exert, challenge, etc.)
-Locations can have multiple characters per location
-Locations have willpower and can be challenged directly
-If the location is banished, the characters fall out onto the board
-Characters cannot leave locations, but can move to other locations
-Read the cards to know if they interact with locations. E.g., Rapunzel says she heals characters, Reckless characters have to challenge Locations (doesn't say characters), etc.
-Expect to see more cards with abilities related to moving to locations or being at a location
-The locations have lore which is gained passively during the Set phase (even if empty)
-Same deck building restriction of 4 cards per deck

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Saltpowered posted:

I think this is probably a combination of aggro/ramp being very strong right now but also the entry point to good aggro or ramp decks being cheap/easy to get. Pawsicle decks are very good and easily to build and upgrade. Comparatively good Steelsong or other decks require many more rare cards to come online.

Even before locations are out I think we’ll see some of this calm down with more product availability. Speaking of, there is lots more product out there now. WM/Target/B&N are getting stocked weekly and I’ve seen plenty of first chapter every time I’ve been.

Booster box prices on TCGplayer for tfc have crashed to close to MSRP. Floodborne is still hard to find but that should resolve itself in a few weeks.

I think it’s awesome that both Floodborn precons have half of a meta worthy deck and are decent stand alone.

On Pixelborn, where everyone can is on the same playing field, I see a ton of aggro. Purple bounce, with a side of steel, red, or amber are all strong. I play hot Pawsickle because it feels good when it pops off (I like drawing cards) it’s pretty consistent, and it usually can blunt aggro momentum if it can find a be prepared and ramp to 7. I’d like to see some weird green tech get some love, like the witch cheating out big lore characters, or somehow using King Richard to draw 14 off of whole new world.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Saltpowered posted:

The crash is mostly a good thing. Except for yesterday when I pulled a foil Belle, Hidden Archer and found out I would've been rich if I'd pulled it last week.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Amazon is shipping the Floodborne preorders that accidentally went up a few weeks early. I thought for sure they’d end up cancelling all of them. Based on what Amazon is showing on the PDP they sold 8k booster boxes of Floodborne.

Was out this morning doing some Christmas shopping and every store in the area had starters from both sets and TFC boosters. MSRP product everywhere is great.

Secondary sealed product is barely above MSRP now. Singles are down across the board except for some of the super high demand ones like Maleficent Monstrous Dragon and Be Prepared.

We’ll probably be at readily available in stores for both sets in the next few weeks.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I saw enormous stacks of TFC boosters at my Walmart Supercenter yesterday. They hard limit 3 of any TCG at mine so probably why. Target had tons of Floodborn starters and some accessories left over but no boosters. I did get those Mulan sleeves and the deck box though.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

FLGS had full boxes of chapter 1 for sale. Best Buy had stock, but I had to ask at the register. GameStop same, except I got a D100 box. It’s too bad none of those cards are good, because they look sick

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Gamestop might secretly be the move indeed. Mine had a pretty large stack of D100 boxes and a ton of Flood boosters.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Ulta posted:

FLGS had full boxes of chapter 1 for sale. Best Buy had stock, but I had to ask at the register. GameStop same, except I got a D100 box. It’s too bad none of those cards are good, because they look sick

The Mickey is pretty good in a Musketeers Tabard deck. But yeah, they're all cheap cards and you're just buying them for the alt-art.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
Just got my Amazon invite to order the Floodborn Amber and Sapphire starter deck. It took a few tries at checkout as it said the seller (Amazon itself) didn't have any more available a few times, then it went through. No invite for the boosters yet.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Muir posted:

Just got my Amazon invite to order the Floodborn Amber and Sapphire starter deck. It took a few tries at checkout as it said the seller (Amazon itself) didn't have any more available a few times, then it went through. No invite for the boosters yet.

You might be able to purchase the booster anyway. Some people are reporting getting the ability to purchase boosters even though they didn’t receive the invite for them but did receive the deck invite.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 12, 2023

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Saltpowered posted:

You might be able to purchase the booster anyway. Some people are reporting getting the ability to purchase boosters even though they didn’t receive the invite for them.

Mine still says "invitation requested" but thanks for the suggestion, glad to know to check at least.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Muir posted:

Same and same -- invites for both starters, but no booster box.

I got the starters at retail at PAX Unplugged, but I think I'll buy one for my brother for a Hannukah present.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Same and same -- invites for both starters, but no booster box.

I got the starters at retail at PAX Unplugged, but I think I'll buy one for my brother for a Hannukah present.

I'm still waiting on the invite for the other starter, even. But I expect it'll come through soon. Seems like supplies generally are starting to catch up, and scalpers are realizing their stocks are quickly losing value.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Muir posted:

I'm still waiting on the invite for the other starter, even. But I expect it'll come through soon. Seems like supplies generally are starting to catch up, and scalpers are realizing their stocks are quickly losing value.

Ive seen some LGS and even some resellers listing TFC booster boxes under MSRP because product is so plentiful now. Ravensburger hosed up a lot of things about the launch but they made good on their statement that there would be product everywhere for the holidays.

I still see lots of scalpers trying because Facebook is flooded with listings for boosters and troves and boxes but it doesn’t look like any of them are actually selling. There are a lot of listings on auction sites for boxes at 10-20% over MSRP even for the D100 set.

We’ll hopefully see the remaining scalping dry up soon and it will just be that initial rush when a new set drops.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Previews for the new set are starting to come out

The Tinkerbell translates into “when one of your items is banished, put it facedown in your inkwell.

The Stitch has elusive and gains ward when at a location

Looks like the starters are red blue and amber green

Tinkerbell may slot into paw paw, but I think you want to recur your pawsickles so maybe not. Also 5 is expensive and it’s looks like she’s only 1 lore (or maybe 0!) Then again, going from 5 to 7 ink is what that deck wants to do.

Stitch seems ok, seems expensive but hard to kill. Have to see how good locations are.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

what does stitch quest for? because 5 for a 3/3 evasive with sometimes ward seems bad. lots of 5 costs immediately impact the board or protect themselves.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

what does stitch quest for? because 5 for a 3/3 evasive with sometimes ward seems bad. lots of 5 costs immediately impact the board or protect themselves.

It looks like 1. So pretty bad. This is the gift set, which had the Mulan that added to lore value of other characters for a turn when she banished a character, and the Hades that got additional lore for each villain. Don’t think either saw play.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

At least both Mulan and Hades have potential (I've used the red Mulan in my FLGS's constructed league and with a few weenies out and a way to ready her, she can easily get you an extra 4-6 lore a turn, the yellow Hades just needs some more villains to get going).

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Got my first two packs of Lorcana! At Walmart even! Can't really do much until I get a starter, but yay cards!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Went to a game store yesterday and they had plenty of packs for $10 and a full case of starters (not one had been bought) sitting there for $20 which isn't even that bad. I have to think even the lgs are going to have to break and start selling for MSRP soon since it feels like the product isn't moving as fast at the scalper prices anymore.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Local Best Buy and Barnes and nobles had some in stock, was refreshing to find msrp packs in the wild and I can definitely deck build some low powered jank now. Our area only had chapter one, but seeing that Best Buy was a little better stocked, I took a chance and checked out a Best Buy about forty miles away that was allotted chapter 2 based off Best Buy’s website and they had some in stock. Unless they had another unopened box they didn’t have much but they had enough for me to get their limit. Hoping chapter three release is easy to find from the jump and that they’ve ironed out their logistics kinks.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

My local Target had a few Floodborn booster packs and more starter decks than I could count. Nature does seem to be healing.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

calling a shot:

Wreck it Ralph will appear in the next set as anti-location tech because come on

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Kinda feels like a waste of flavor text, but we’ve broken the Ralph barrier

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
If there isn’t a Fix-It Felix to heal locations when he quests that’s a huge waste too.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is this how they are going to backdoor Sonic the Hedgehog into Lorcana?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Second wave of Amazon invites went out. Check you emails and Amazon.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
Anyone in the Northern Virginia area know a place that’s doing Lorcana events? My local shop won’t run any until the production/supply issues are resolved.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Some Inkland spoilers

Peter Pan seems to be the best of them, but depends on how good locations are. Piglet also had some potential, but unless there’s a reason people would stop playing grab your sword, or be prepared, suffers from the meta not liking wide decks. Purple getting healing that is just transfer is some interesting flavor on a probably mid card.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Ulta posted:

Purple getting healing that is just transfer is some interesting flavor on a probably mid card.

Well, agree to disagree then, I thought that one was the clear standout. It's 6 ink, uninkable, and no shift cost, but especially teamed up with Amethyst's aggro friend Ruby, it's a hell of an enabler. Send someone in on a challenge and then quest with her to heal them and either kill an opposing character or set them up for the kill.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

I think they’re worse than Yzma, which doesn’t get a full x4 generally in a purple/x aggro. Having to wait a whole turn to make an impact is a huge downside. Also most of the things you’d want to remove have at least three toughness, so it’s rough to get this to 2 for 1. Might pair nicely in purple/steel if steel gets some buff.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

New spoiler

Seems like a good upgrade of Phil, 1 more ink for ward and 1 more lore. Doesn’t slot into any existing decks but might later.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The LGS I usually shop at now has dozens of TFC boxes at MSRP with no limit. Ravensburger has indeed delivered of fixing the supply issues. Hopefully set three will have a shitload of product on day one and the supply issues can be a thing of the past.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.boardgamebliss.com/collections/lorcana-sealed-products

Boardgamebliss has a lot of Lorcana sealed product in stock right now at MSRP (canadabux). Site is good, I used it in the early days of Star Wars Destiny scarcity to buy product at MSRP, and shipping to the US is reasonable.
I just ordered all 5 starter sets shipped for $87 USD, so after shipping and exchange rate its right on target for $17/ea MSRP.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Chapter one boxes, starters and gift sets up at shop disney about midnight pst. A box will hit free shipping if anyone still had trouble finding some msrp boosters.

Edit: boxes and sets gone. Just starters up now noon the next day.

Yiggy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 22, 2023

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So I finally got a hold of a bunch of cards for this, plus my GF got me a whole box of boosters. So I've been experimenting with deckbuilding and I wanna make a Peter Pan Deck, with the linchpin of it being Peter's Shadow, which gives all characters rush, elusive. Obviously, a lot of rush characters but what else should I take?

It would be a Ruby/Amathyst deck so any advice on what else should be in it?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

BigRed0427 posted:

So I finally got a hold of a bunch of cards for this, plus my GF got me a whole box of boosters. So I've been experimenting with deckbuilding and I wanna make a Peter Pan Deck, with the linchpin of it being Peter's Shadow, which gives all characters rush, elusive. Obviously, a lot of rush characters but what else should I take?

It would be a Ruby/Amathyst deck so any advice on what else should be in it?

Something like this?

https://lorcana.gg/builder/bcvy9jbngx

This deck contains the ambitious Minnie package for cleanup. Since rush decks want to be wiping the board with challenges as much as possible, Queen of Hearts 5 is a good utility piece and can shift up from Queen of Hearts 2. Note that the effect of Pocket Watch is unfortunately limited to your turn so it doesn't provide the extra protection desired that Shadow would normally grant.

One issue with a rush focused deck like this is so many of the desirable cards are uninkable and low lore, so I had to round the deck out with some high lore evasives since presumably you can keep evasive challengers at bay.

Hmm, as you can see, Peter Pan Red didn't actually make it into the deck. I don't think he's very good, even in this deck, but I guess if I had to I'd trim 2 copies of Shere Khan and Pongo for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Depends if you want any other Peter Pan cards in there or not. Shadow is good in a evasive/rush but most of the other Peter Pan cards aren’t very good.

If you were trying to build a Ruby/Amethyst Evasive Control around Shadow you’d probably go some mix of:

2 Maui Hero to All
2-4 Rafiki
2-4 Be Prepared
2-4 Go the Distance
4 Friends on the Other Side
2 Perplexing Singposts
2-3 Lady Tremaine Overbearing Matriarch
2-3 Lady Tremaine Imperious Queen
4 Olaf or pascal
4 Queen of Hearts Impulsive
2-3 Queen of Hearts Sensing Weakness
4 Shere Khan
1-2 Scar Vicious Cheater

You can add Mulan, Lefou, Peter Pan, or Maleficent to round things out, Your goal would be to aggressively challenge and just clear the board constantly. With so much evasive, ideally the opponent can’t punish you for challenging.

You could also use shadow with a bounce deck with Merlin/madam mim but that’s not really a Peter Pan deck, it’s a Merlin/Mim bounce deck using Shadow to buff Mim.