Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Eggplant Squire posted:

I feel a little bad for them too if they were indeed getting ddosed
I reiterate my belief that they were not. I'm sure they were seeing a bunch of requests from the same IP address, because people were in the queue on multiple devices/browsers/tabs, and I'm sure their servers were getting slammed way beyond their capacity to deal with it, because this product is in heavy demand. Whatever they got hit with yesterday should be assumed to be the actual amount of customers they have to service, and should be kept in mind for future sales and print runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ravensburger put MSRP Sapphire/Steel and Amethyst/Amber starter decks on Amazon, pre-order for a Dec 8th release. Presumably harder to crash than their own website.

Amethyst/Amber: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BT7HKWRF
Sapphire/Steel: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BT7664FN

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
They had booster boxes too but those already sold out in 2-3 minutes.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 21, 2023

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
Ruby/Emerald is up now.

Ravensburger Disney Lorcana: The First Chapter TCG Starter Deck Ruby & Emerald for Ages 8 and Up https://a.co/d/fbsTGRs

I got into the store yesterday in about two hours after getting randomly placed fairly low in the queue (1300ish). I got to checkout, my card was double charged and I didn’t get a confirmation email, so who knows if I will get product.

Edit:

Found Floodborn Starters at MSRP here. Never dealt with them before, seems ok?
https://doubleinfinitygaming.com/pr...47dMpmNi6YzSI48

Ulta fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 21, 2023

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/illumiteers/status/1727006664715546705?t=Vgljvu8RmO-uHjrdjtbdcw&s=19

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Their antibot measures weren’t very successful. They flagged me as a bot and never let me in to purchase despite me getting to the waiting room. I think their story would be more believable if they hadn’t dropped product this morning without notice so that only bots and scalpers were able to grab it.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lumbermouth posted:

Ravensburger put MSRP Sapphire/Steel and Amethyst/Amber starter decks on Amazon, pre-order for a Dec 8th release. Presumably harder to crash than their own website.

Amethyst/Amber: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BT7HKWRF
Sapphire/Steel: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BT7664FN

Oh 55% off, it's 55% off? That's the MSRP Amazon.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

DalaranJ posted:

Oh 55% off, it's 55% off? That's the MSRP Amazon.

that's what the msrp is supposed to be in real life in the world, it just never gets sold that way.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

At this point it's probably both cheaper and less aggravating to just go to TCGplayer and buy the starter decks piecemeal and create them yourself.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
They are still in stock for preorders at Amazon for Dec 15th arrival.

Yes the pricing looks weird because they are showing “typical price” and not MSRP and the typical price for the last few month has been scalpers.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Eggplant Squire posted:

At this point it's probably both cheaper and less aggravating to just go to TCGplayer and buy the starter decks piecemeal and create them yourself.

This. Even if you insist on a sealed starter, at this point it’s about a wash to just catch one off tcgplayer around 20ish (which they might not be at now but I did see several pop up over the weekend at that price for the floodborn starters) than it would be to drive around town before finding one (or more likely, not). If you found it at the first one or two places you stopped, lucky. Singles is the play if you don’t care about the included booster. If you want the sealed item, then refresh tcgplayer and occasionally one gets listed and scooped shipped around 20-22. MSRP off prime or at my closest LGS would be ideal, sure, but depends on how long you wanna wait I guess.

Ch. 1 starter preorders on Amazon was encouraging though. Bummed I missed the 3 am boxes but oh well.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
First Chapter starters have been consistently in stock at WM and Amazon online the last few days. Maybe they are going to have enough stock going into the holidays to supply a playerbase.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Magnetic North posted:

Their inability to anticipate the demand for this stuff continues to blow my mind :psyduck:

They're making the same mistakes that early MTG made...30 years ago and that was with an unknown IP. It's honestly crazy that no one did any market research at all in terms of supply and rollout.

Which sucks, cause this game is actually pretty fun.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Big Box Retail release of Rise of the Floodborne is Friday and this will also come with First Chapter One restocks at most stores as well. Store breakdown:

Best Buy is doing in store only, has a tracker for stores participating (search Lorcana on their site). They also have a limit on # of product that can be purchased. Probably a good store to camp out for opening if you are the camping type. Link

Barnes and Noble is similar. They will likely get less product than Best Buy but might be a good choice.

GameStops are getting product as well, no pre-orders. They have a tracker for participating stores.

Target already did preorders online for chapter 2. Product will show up in store whenever Excel Marketing stocks it. Target gets all their cards shipped ahead of time and then Excel stocks it during rounds. They give zero fucks about street dates so it could be stocked tomorrow. If Target online gets more product they’ll probably drop it at 3AM est like they’ve done every other time.

Walmart has not done preorders online. Their vendor is even worse than Excel so expect most stores to break street date.

Amazon likely has all their allocation of boosters preordered. Troves and decks may be up for grabs Friday.

Shopdisney dropped at like 3AM est and was a massive shitshow with the first chapter. Don’t bother. Disney stores will likely have tons of stock but long lines.

Hot topic and FYE charge 40% over retail so don’t bother.

Some five belows will probably randomly get product again.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

I’ve been playing on Pixelborn, which will be nuked from orbit by Disney at some point, but it’s really a nice client. Getting the card art takes about an hour, but once you’ve done that, it seems to work really well. Since physical product is so hard as to not be real (and finding people to play with who also have physical product), I’d recommend it to anyone curious. The number of cards is still possible to wrap my brain around, and the meta is still forming, so you can try without copying a deck (or copy a deck, I don’t care)

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The amount of Best Buys locations that are getting product (at least in my state) is oddly small.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Eggplant Squire posted:

The amount of Best Buys locations that are getting product (at least in my state) is oddly small.

And the locations vary between who is getting First Chapter and who is getting Floodborne. Different stores are getting Floodborne than First Chapter.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I get the impression that stock in the USA is much harder to come by than in Europe. My LGS owner told me an American tourist came in and was shocked to find boosters on sale for MSRP and bought five (the maximum allowed there).

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

What's the easiest way to unload an enchanted card I cracked? I don't want to mess around with ebay or anything, is there a reliable FB group or w/e? Not looking to get absolute top dollar.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Owlbear Camus posted:

What's the easiest way to unload an enchanted card I cracked? I don't want to mess around with ebay or anything, is there a reliable FB group or w/e? Not looking to get absolute top dollar.

There are probably local groups in your area that have people who would buy it if you don’t want to ship it. If you do want to ship it, there are a lot of groups there as well like Lorcana TCG Buy Sell Trade. Reddit has trading threads too. Now is probably the best time to sell because everything will start crashing this week/next week.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Owlbear Camus posted:

tcgplayer

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

If you're in Europe, cardmarket.com

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Walmarts are getting stocked early of course and their stock is pitiful. One display of boosters and one of decks. 54 packs and 12ish decks. Getting snapped up by one scalper each time. If the store gets first and Floodborne, they are getting 108 packs.

So yeah, don’t bother with WM.

No troves, no gift sets, no d100, no accessories.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Checked a Walmart on my way home from work. Walmart continues to not care about street date. Packs were already gone. Got one of each Floodborne starter though. Also they were $20, so not even MSRP

Ulta fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 30, 2023

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Ulta posted:

Checked a Walmart on my way home from work. Walmart continues to not care about street date. Packs were already gone. Got one of each Floodborne starter though. Also they were $20, so not even MSRP

Everywhere here has been cleaned out and Facebook marketplace is full of people posting packs for sale at 3x retail.

Walmart also did their D100 drop randomly yesterday. Limit of 12 gift sets per transaction. Gone instantly. Bots cleaned up.

Looks like Amazon might be doing a queue to purchase starting tomorrow at noon EST. It’s unconfirmed but that means the preorders that accidentally were purchasable few weeks ago will probably be cancelled if it does go up.

Maybe the flood if product to scalpers will drive down the singles market which is full of product but so much is overpriced.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Tried the shopDisney thing. Got in pretty low in the queue, got to front at 3:03. Packs and the D100 set were already sold out.

Just going to buy singles at this point

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Chapter 2 starters up at target website.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Yiggy posted:

good call out, thanks!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Thanks! Buying an extra $1.30 bag of candy to get free shipping that will be sent in a different package felt incredibly silly but here we are.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Yiggy posted:

Gone this morning.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Got up early to go to Best Buy, which was listed on their site as one of the stores to get The First Chapter today. They had absolutely nothing. Cool.

I continue to be baffled by how bad the rollout and distribution of this product is.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 1, 2023

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Fish Of Doom posted:

Got up early to go to Best Buy, which was listed on their site as one of the stores to get The First Chapter today. They had absolutely nothing. Cool.

I continue to be baffled by how bad the rollout and distribution of this product is.

Checked two spots locally, Best Buy and BN. Best Buy hadn’t gotten theirs but said they should today but didn’t know when. B&N employee didn’t even need me to ask, they hadn’t received theirs yet. No idea when.

V glad I did not drive out of the way to the Best Buy forty minutes north that was slated to receive Ch. 2 product. Also glad I didn’t wait out early or anything. Product remains very difficult to find.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I just assumed that Barnes and Noble wouldn't be getting it so I called to check and the rep didn't even see it in the system. They were kind enough to look in multiple places it would be and there's no trace it will ever be there.

My local Best buy isn't even listed as getting any and likewise I didn't feel like driving an hour out to one that supposedly was getting some on the off chance that was true. The distribution has been impressively awful in pretty much every way it could be. The game stores gouging their customers aren't helping the impression.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The trade groups I joined to list my Enchanted Aurora are abuzz with entire displays bought out by scalpers with the shrink still on them marked up as much as 200%.

If you didn't slip the overnight stock guy at the retailer a few twenties, probably don't bother.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, the supply issues really dashed my enthusiasm for the game. It sucks, but even the casual league games at my LGS are being rolled by people who've got the disposable income to spring for inflated prices. Kind of a downer coming from FFTCG where budget-rear end decks are still plenty competitive.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I just don't see the point of buying these packs at so much over MSRP instead of singles if those are your only choices. None of the non enchanted cards are worth that much so it's just gambling with very poor odds for a positive return combined with the stress of having to search these things out to even purchase.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Eggplant Squire posted:

I just don't see the point of buying these packs at so much over MSRP instead of singles if those are your only choices. None of the non enchanted cards are worth that much so it's just gambling with very poor odds for a positive return combined with the stress of having to search these things out to even purchase.

I feel like people paying mark up are to some extent whales, speculators or just price insensitive. Like someone up thread mentioning an anecdote of an LGS player that was holding onto a box sealed. Some people are gambling on a ch. 1 box being akin to a box of Pokémon base set some day. Which is ironic because it won’t be if run of the mill players can’t access the game physically.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I don't think the sealed boxes are ever going to be worth that much since people went in with the idea of it being a hot collectable so there's a ton of people hoarding. As you said if the game fails because no one can play or it gets the reputation of the game that's just too expensive to play those really won't be worth anything.

I have been having a little fun today watching some cards I am interested in for a budget deck plumit in value. One has lost about 75 cents an hour since this morning as people are panic selling.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

If you people can't play the game because of supply issues, it's going to die, no matter how much the Disney collectors insist this is all an expert gambit by Ravensburger.

Eggplant Squire posted:

I have been having a little fun today watching some cards I am interested in for a budget deck plumit in value. One has lost about 75 cents an hour since this morning as people are panic selling.

What site are you watching? The stuff I've been interested in has actually gone up in the last few days on TCGplayer. Maleficent dragon was $20 a week ago, now it's $30. Be Prepared was $5, now it's $7.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

After a second round of checking a few spots and not finding anything, later in the day I went out a third time, and just missed the stock at target. I found one booster. I went to another target and they had one ch. 2 starter left. Saw another dad + kid walking to checkout with two starters and two boosters, not even mad. But had just missed. Best Buy and Barnes and nobles didn’t seem to get their stock at all though possibly it just got cleared quickly but I don’t think so. One of the Fred meyers near by had starters and a clear peg on the shelf where they likely had some booster blister packs. A family member in another state had better luck.

So, chapter 2 starters are out there (for now) but anything else is a tough proposition.

Edit: also friends, if you dig on Amazon for the rise of the floodborn booster box, starting today there was/is a link to request an invitation to purchase a box through a purchase lottery. If you click, supposedly you will have a chance to be emailed a purchase link for msrp. Can find the listing in ravensburger store on Amazon. Good luck.

Yiggy fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 2, 2023