Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

CapnAndy posted:

poo poo, maybe I oughta sell what scant rares I've got. They're not doing me any good at the moment.

Sell all your rares and then convince everyone the Lorcana ‘pauper’ format is hot right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Does anybody have clearer news about the second printing of set one than “It should arrive October 1st”?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Lumbermouth posted:

Ravensburger put MSRP Sapphire/Steel and Amethyst/Amber starter decks on Amazon, pre-order for a Dec 8th release. Presumably harder to crash than their own website.

Amethyst/Amber: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BT7HKWRF
Sapphire/Steel: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BT7664FN

Oh 55% off, it's 55% off? That's the MSRP Amazon.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Ulta posted:

I did a 1st chapter draft last night. Went 3-0. I have drafted a lot in MTG, and this is very different. Basically, open 4 packs, end up with a stack of 48 cards, and you should cut 8 of them. No color restrictions, just minimum 40. Deck construction basically happens while you’re picking.

It’s neat to see cards that don’t get play get some play. Most of my games ended at 6 ink. Bodyguard and evasive have high value. My MVP of the night was the 3x Maximus (3/3 1 lore, 3 inkable, -2 to attack to target turn comes into play) since it usually could cause some good combat interactions in my favor. Mad Hatter is also stupid good (2/5 3 lore, 5 inkable, draw a card when challenged). Some of the cards I thought would be bombs were not, I got a dr fac, agent provocateur ( 4/5 3 lore, 7 uninkable, 5 shift, if a character dies on your turn in a challenge, return to hand). Games ended at 5 or 6, and being uninkable at 7 made him unplayable.

Not my favorite format, since there isn’t any reading of packs in the drafting format. I haven’t done sealed yet so I’d like to try that.

Seems like draft would be a rough format because making the rule “you can play whatever color you want” would completely flatten the flavor of each deck, but making it “you can only play 2 colors” turns 60% of your deck into basic lands, ugh.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

So I finally got a hold of a bunch of cards for this, plus my GF got me a whole box of boosters. So I've been experimenting with deckbuilding and I wanna make a Peter Pan Deck, with the linchpin of it being Peter's Shadow, which gives all characters rush, elusive. Obviously, a lot of rush characters but what else should I take?

It would be a Ruby/Amathyst deck so any advice on what else should be in it?

Something like this?

https://lorcana.gg/builder/bcvy9jbngx

This deck contains the ambitious Minnie package for cleanup. Since rush decks want to be wiping the board with challenges as much as possible, Queen of Hearts 5 is a good utility piece and can shift up from Queen of Hearts 2. Note that the effect of Pocket Watch is unfortunately limited to your turn so it doesn't provide the extra protection desired that Shadow would normally grant.

One issue with a rush focused deck like this is so many of the desirable cards are uninkable and low lore, so I had to round the deck out with some high lore evasives since presumably you can keep evasive challengers at bay.

Hmm, as you can see, Peter Pan Red didn't actually make it into the deck. I don't think he's very good, even in this deck, but I guess if I had to I'd trim 2 copies of Shere Khan and Pongo for him?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

It seems like we’ve seen at least two characters who’s only relation to locations is that they get to move to them for free sometimes. So there must be locations with effects that benefit you for having characters there. Or perhaps some base rule about locations that they haven’t told us yet.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Flotsam and Jetsam are the slivers of Lorcana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Drafting to 6 colors seems like an awful format.
But if they’re putting 6 colors in a 12 card pack, asfan of 2, each player drafts 4 packs, you have to go to 3 color and you also have to lock your color choices before the first pack is done? Rarities completely randomized across colors. Feels real bad.
Maybe 40 card decks isn’t small enough?