Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

DalaranJ posted:

Does anybody have clearer news about the second printing of set one than “It should arrive October 1st”?

The second printing of chapter one is coming in 2024.

Big box stores still get product every week but it’s usually snapped by scalpers instantly. I got a few boosters this week randomly in target because I saw someone with dozens and asked customer service about it. They were handing them out from behind the counter.

LGS are supposed to get a second wave of product in October but there’s no specific dates.

Getting Chapter One before next year is just going to be lucking out and being there when something gets stocked. I would say you could camp the big box stores or learn the route of excel marketing in your area but the scalpers are already way ahead of you.

Still haven’t found any starters so I can’t actually play and probably won’t until Chapter 2.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

CapnAndy posted:

I had a really odious encounter with a LGS that actually had Lorcana in stock -- for $15 a pack, and the owner practically sneered at me when I asked if there was a chance prices might get closer to MSRP when more stock comes out in October. So I've got a feeling I met the dude who's camping all the local big boxes every week.

Report the store to Ravensburger. They’ve said they will remove all allocations from stores gouging prices.

https://www.ravensburger.us/service/contact-us/index.html

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
A LGS here just started taking preorders for Floodborn today. Nov 17 pickup. Limited to 1 booster box and 1 set of decks per person. We’ll see if they even get enough product for that.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Muir posted:

I'm taking the kids to Disneyland in a couple of weeks. Is there anything Lorcana-specific that I should try to hunt down while I'm there?

The Lorcana site says they have product at Disney Pin Traders but who knows how often they have stock.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Walmart has had started decks for sale a few days a week the last few weeks in the morning online. I grabbed 2 this morning. I’ve been using this discord server to find drops:

https://discord.gg/trackalacker-929564867516579902

Don’t bother with FYE if you see it pop up. It’s botted and instantly sells out but WM has been fine when I’ve gotten a ping. The decks lasted until 8AM est this morning.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
A LGS around here got an email from their distributor that said the October LGS restock would be next week and the reprint will ship to retailers in North America mid-November. While there will still be a shitload of scalpers this may make it possible to find product soon.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
A local LGS finally got their 1st restock of chapter one. 7 boxes. Even limiting only boxes purchases to the first few people and 3 pack limit to everyone else in line, they did not have cards for everyone in line when they opened.

That’s the only place I’ve seen selling at MSRP. Several LGS have been doing market price or 50% markup on their restocks.

Really hoping the real reprint arriving later this month is substantial and not just the same quantities.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Eggplant Squire posted:

Is physical stores selling boosters for 12 bucks a pack standard or is that just my local game store?

That’s your local store scalping. I bought 2 boxes in the last week from stores around here at MSRP (5.99 pack/$145 a box)

I did unfortunately have to over pay slightly to preorder Floodborn at two other stores 190 each box but it’s still substantial better than the $250-$300 a box scalper prices.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
There are definitely a large amount of scalpers out there too. There are people who cleaned out shops around here and was immediately on Facebook marketplace from their car. Everyone from sophisticated botters to small-time local scalpers got in on it.

There’s at least a dozen booster boxes for sale in the Charlotte area on Facebook right now for $300+. I remember seeing some botter on Mercari who had pictures of 50+ troves he was selling.

Allocation has been really lovely too. Blatant scalper flea market stores got dozens of boxes but a LGS here got 8. Ravensburger said they would ban scalping stores but the same stores that got reported for scalping are already selling Floodborn cases at 3x MSRP.

Ravensburger was just completely unprepared for how to fulfill and manage distribution of a popular TCG and it’s going to take them a while to figure out what they are doing. Which is a real shame because the game is surprisingly good. They have an actual hit on their hands and might throw it all away if they can’t consistently get product in stock. The community will never grow without consistent product availability.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The Lorcana branded accessories are coming back in stock everywhere so I wanted to give a warning to anyone thinking about buying them. Don’t, they all suck.

The sleeves are the worst offender being very abrasive so hard to shuffle and crimp at the corners because they are tool large.

The deck boxes are super cheaply made.

The playmats are not being enough, very thin, unzoned, and have curling issues.

The portfolios only hold 64 cards for $20. Laughable compared to the Pokémon binder collections that hold 360 cards, are $25, and come with packs.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see any newer versions of the accessories because they are all so bad.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Amazon Preorder link for Rise of the Floodborn: https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/preview?isSlp=1&isPreview=1&asins=B0BV72JKT4

Currently unlisted in searches and lacking much info but orderable and confirmed via chat to be direct from Amazon.

Edit: Yes the title is in French but it’s a English description, image and english ASIN. Worst case it gets cancelled, best case you get to preorder 2 boxes.

Edit 2: Looks like it’s sold out.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 15, 2023

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

goodness posted:

Target had the d100 boxes for sale at 3am last night :(

The dumbest stuff right there. They probably had some timer for it to go live at midnight west coast which makes no loving sense.

Allocations have not been good in the Charlotte area. Most stores got massively cut or are now getting their allocation over 6 weeks. I waited for a midnight release last night and managed to snag a trove and deck. Jokes on the people who got boosters because there was an enchanted Arthur in my trove.

I picked up a preorder box this morning at MSRP but that will probably be the last cards I see unless those Amazon preorders don’t get cancelled. The store that I got the preorder from is now selling the extra boxes they got at $250 each. Guess I’m not supporting them again.

Ravensburger is already doing another printing of set 2 and the third reprint of set 1 so at some point there should be enough to get sealed product back down to MSRP.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
This morning, Ravensburger was going to do direct sales on their website and had a queue setup. People were to log in at 9 to get in the waiting room which would refresh at 1030 and give them a real spot in line randomly. At 10, it was pushed back to 1130, allegedly due to botters. Just now, there’s an error they the queue is down entirely and they will give a 1 hour warning at some point in the future for when it will return.

Another great success by Ravensburger.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
On the flip side, I got in, got kicked back to 170 in queue and then got kicked to 73k so your mileage may vary

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Lost to demand and bots. Ravensburger is just so far over their head trying to support this game. It’s a very fun game that is easy to teach and can have a lot of depth. They have a hit that they will piss away through being unable to figure this poo poo out.

This is like when WotC couldn’t support Pokemon appropriately.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
So either through incompetence or poor decisions, Ravensburger had everything for sale at 6AM this morning with no notice.

Consider there was no notice and it was hastily taken down, I assume incompetence. There were limits per order but no limit to number of orders so some resellers purchased dozens of boxes and posted about it on social media.

What an absolute shitshow.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
They had booster boxes too but those already sold out in 2-3 minutes.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 21, 2023

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Their antibot measures weren’t very successful. They flagged me as a bot and never let me in to purchase despite me getting to the waiting room. I think their story would be more believable if they hadn’t dropped product this morning without notice so that only bots and scalpers were able to grab it.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
They are still in stock for preorders at Amazon for Dec 15th arrival.

Yes the pricing looks weird because they are showing “typical price” and not MSRP and the typical price for the last few month has been scalpers.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
First Chapter starters have been consistently in stock at WM and Amazon online the last few days. Maybe they are going to have enough stock going into the holidays to supply a playerbase.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Big Box Retail release of Rise of the Floodborne is Friday and this will also come with First Chapter One restocks at most stores as well. Store breakdown:

Best Buy is doing in store only, has a tracker for stores participating (search Lorcana on their site). They also have a limit on # of product that can be purchased. Probably a good store to camp out for opening if you are the camping type. Link

Barnes and Noble is similar. They will likely get less product than Best Buy but might be a good choice.

GameStops are getting product as well, no pre-orders. They have a tracker for participating stores.

Target already did preorders online for chapter 2. Product will show up in store whenever Excel Marketing stocks it. Target gets all their cards shipped ahead of time and then Excel stocks it during rounds. They give zero fucks about street dates so it could be stocked tomorrow. If Target online gets more product they’ll probably drop it at 3AM est like they’ve done every other time.

Walmart has not done preorders online. Their vendor is even worse than Excel so expect most stores to break street date.

Amazon likely has all their allocation of boosters preordered. Troves and decks may be up for grabs Friday.

Shopdisney dropped at like 3AM est and was a massive shitshow with the first chapter. Don’t bother. Disney stores will likely have tons of stock but long lines.

Hot topic and FYE charge 40% over retail so don’t bother.

Some five belows will probably randomly get product again.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Eggplant Squire posted:

The amount of Best Buys locations that are getting product (at least in my state) is oddly small.

And the locations vary between who is getting First Chapter and who is getting Floodborne. Different stores are getting Floodborne than First Chapter.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Owlbear Camus posted:

What's the easiest way to unload an enchanted card I cracked? I don't want to mess around with ebay or anything, is there a reliable FB group or w/e? Not looking to get absolute top dollar.

There are probably local groups in your area that have people who would buy it if you don’t want to ship it. If you do want to ship it, there are a lot of groups there as well like Lorcana TCG Buy Sell Trade. Reddit has trading threads too. Now is probably the best time to sell because everything will start crashing this week/next week.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Walmarts are getting stocked early of course and their stock is pitiful. One display of boosters and one of decks. 54 packs and 12ish decks. Getting snapped up by one scalper each time. If the store gets first and Floodborne, they are getting 108 packs.

So yeah, don’t bother with WM.

No troves, no gift sets, no d100, no accessories.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Ulta posted:

Checked a Walmart on my way home from work. Walmart continues to not care about street date. Packs were already gone. Got one of each Floodborne starter though. Also they were $20, so not even MSRP

Everywhere here has been cleaned out and Facebook marketplace is full of people posting packs for sale at 3x retail.

Walmart also did their D100 drop randomly yesterday. Limit of 12 gift sets per transaction. Gone instantly. Bots cleaned up.

Looks like Amazon might be doing a queue to purchase starting tomorrow at noon EST. It’s unconfirmed but that means the preorders that accidentally were purchasable few weeks ago will probably be cancelled if it does go up.

Maybe the flood if product to scalpers will drive down the singles market which is full of product but so much is overpriced.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
One good thing about the drops at stores the last week and online is that there appear to be plenty of starters this time. I’ve seen 20+ starters at every store I’ve been the last few days so that should help people get into the game.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Ulta posted:

I hope locations slow down aggro a bit. Right now I feel like I’m playing aggro or ramping so I can play be prepared.

I think this is probably a combination of aggro/ramp being very strong right now but also the entry point to good aggro or ramp decks being cheap/easy to get. Pawsicle decks are very good and easily to build and upgrade. Comparatively good Steelsong or other decks require many more rare cards to come online.

Even before locations are out I think we’ll see some of this calm down with more product availability. Speaking of, there is lots more product out there now. WM/Target/B&N are getting stocked weekly and I’ve seen plenty of first chapter every time I’ve been.

Booster box prices on TCGplayer for tfc have crashed to close to MSRP. Floodborne is still hard to find but that should resolve itself in a few weeks.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Amazon is shipping the Floodborne preorders that accidentally went up a few weeks early. I thought for sure they’d end up cancelling all of them. Based on what Amazon is showing on the PDP they sold 8k booster boxes of Floodborne.

Was out this morning doing some Christmas shopping and every store in the area had starters from both sets and TFC boosters. MSRP product everywhere is great.

Secondary sealed product is barely above MSRP now. Singles are down across the board except for some of the super high demand ones like Maleficent Monstrous Dragon and Be Prepared.

We’ll probably be at readily available in stores for both sets in the next few weeks.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Muir posted:

Just got my Amazon invite to order the Floodborn Amber and Sapphire starter deck. It took a few tries at checkout as it said the seller (Amazon itself) didn't have any more available a few times, then it went through. No invite for the boosters yet.

You might be able to purchase the booster anyway. Some people are reporting getting the ability to purchase boosters even though they didn’t receive the invite for them but did receive the deck invite.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 12, 2023

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Muir posted:

I'm still waiting on the invite for the other starter, even. But I expect it'll come through soon. Seems like supplies generally are starting to catch up, and scalpers are realizing their stocks are quickly losing value.

Ive seen some LGS and even some resellers listing TFC booster boxes under MSRP because product is so plentiful now. Ravensburger hosed up a lot of things about the launch but they made good on their statement that there would be product everywhere for the holidays.

I still see lots of scalpers trying because Facebook is flooded with listings for boosters and troves and boxes but it doesn’t look like any of them are actually selling. There are a lot of listings on auction sites for boxes at 10-20% over MSRP even for the D100 set.

We’ll hopefully see the remaining scalping dry up soon and it will just be that initial rush when a new set drops.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
If there isn’t a Fix-It Felix to heal locations when he quests that’s a huge waste too.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Second wave of Amazon invites went out. Check you emails and Amazon.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The LGS I usually shop at now has dozens of TFC boxes at MSRP with no limit. Ravensburger has indeed delivered of fixing the supply issues. Hopefully set three will have a shitload of product on day one and the supply issues can be a thing of the past.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Depends if you want any other Peter Pan cards in there or not. Shadow is good in a evasive/rush but most of the other Peter Pan cards aren’t very good.

If you were trying to build a Ruby/Amethyst Evasive Control around Shadow you’d probably go some mix of:

2 Maui Hero to All
2-4 Rafiki
2-4 Be Prepared
2-4 Go the Distance
4 Friends on the Other Side
2 Perplexing Singposts
2-3 Lady Tremaine Overbearing Matriarch
2-3 Lady Tremaine Imperious Queen
4 Olaf or pascal
4 Queen of Hearts Impulsive
2-3 Queen of Hearts Sensing Weakness
4 Shere Khan
1-2 Scar Vicious Cheater

You can add Mulan, Lefou, Peter Pan, or Maleficent to round things out, Your goal would be to aggressively challenge and just clear the board constantly. With so much evasive, ideally the opponent can’t punish you for challenging.

You could also use shadow with a bounce deck with Merlin/madam mim but that’s not really a Peter Pan deck, it’s a Merlin/Mim bounce deck using Shadow to buff Mim.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Owlbear Camus posted:

I built 4 decks of varying quality and took them to the league night with the fam. Pretty fun, but wasn't really able to make a deck around the theme my daughter would have liked with what we had from some boosters and starters.

What's a good "Aladdin" deck on a reasonable budget?

Pretty similar to what I mentioned above for Peter Pan but you’d put in Aladdin Heroic Outlaw in place of Peter Pan’s shadow. Aladdin plays in an aggressive control deck well.

Red/Purple control is very cheap to build unless you want Maleficent, Monstrous Dragon in it. The second most expensive card is Be Prepared at $5-$7 each. You could buy a whole deck list for about $50 without maleficent.

If you wanted even more Aladdin characters you could go Ruby/Sapphire to bring in Jasmines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Inklands boxes are $120 on Amazon right now. It looks like Ravensburger has finally figured out the supply side of things.