Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
Got some set 2 starters for cheap so I decided to try out a local event and give the game a shot, despite feeling like it didn't have much going on (based on my read of the rules). Was my first time ever attending a card game event and I had a great time AND found out the game was pretty good, so a real win all around. I mean, not my record at the tourney, that was losses all around (except for the literal 8 year old child who was my first opponent...) but overall, extremely fun. Deciding whether or not to expose your cards to attack by questing is a fun decision, and I like the feeling of brinksmanship where both you and your opponent are desperately trying to race across the finish line. My only issue was feeling like I needed more card draw, only getting 1 per turn (that you will probably resource) means you can end up stalled out without many options, although that's obviously less of a problem with both a better deck and a better set of skills for actually using it. Since it was my first time, one of the players very generously gave me one of his extra Jolly Roger promos, too, which was very nice of him. Overall, great fun, would recommend, will definitely be back next week with my definitely-still-bad yellow/blue deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Shingouryu posted:

Yeah card draw is one of the best things to build into your deck. Amber (yellow) sucks at it cause it's main concern is filling the board with smaller things and singing songs. Sapphire (blue) actually isn't terrible at it because of the card Pawpsicle which allows to draw on play. It's even better if you have Hiram Flaversham who can discard items to draw two cards.

If you really want draw, that Amethyst's (purple) thing. One of the reasons why Ruby (red)-Amethyst is currently considered one of the strongest decks.

Thanks for the advice, the blue starter cards included 3 pawpsicles and a few Hirams so I've scrapped together a blue/yellow deck with what I've pulled from packs.