Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

quote:

Winnie The Pooh to the list of represented franchises
How could you forget tigger?

Framboise posted:

So what are good archetypes to look into? I saw that there was a giant Tinker Bell, and stomping on people sounds fun. But is it good?

Ruby/Steel control seems pretty effective, with target stuff like Dragonfire,. Smash! and Break and more spread out grab your sword.
Saphire/steel item decks I've seen work well with infinite looping collector Ariels questing, playing an item (at a discount from Maurice) and then questing again all with bonuses from the eyes of fate.
I've had some success with Amber/Emerald stitch zoo against non-control decks somewhat as well. Just lots of 1-2 drops with a rockstar stitch piling up cards to build up a huge wide line. (usually though when I win it's without stitch honestly.)

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Magnetic North posted:

Probably save that type of stuff for when the game slumps in the future. Dorks going to go bananas over Mickey in Han Solo's vest and Goofy in an Iron Man suit except he's falling off a mountain going ahh--hoo-hoo-hooo-ey.

I think you mean Goofy in a Han solo vest falling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBeF8BfW4PA

Honestly, there's so many marvel and star wars games, I feel like i'd rather keep it to purely Disney. the crossover of costumed Disney characters are SW/marvel characters is cute, and I'm a little more open to that (Hell, Goofy as Han Solo and Max as Kylo as a refrence to his comic/video would be great), but it feels weird to just include pure marvel/sw characters in a game where the main lore is drawing with ink.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So one little fun thing about being on the ground floor of a new game is seeing people discover rules go a bit deeper than originally thought. Turns out characters that can give someone evasive and if it’s worded any character can be picked, you can pick the other players characters not just your own. I watched someone use a Tinker Bell to basically nullify a bodyguard setup by making the bodyguard evasive so their characters couldn’t challenge them, lacking the evasive ability, allowing them complete sidestep it to go after the high lore gathering, low defense characters the other player put out

Also is there an explanation of what like dreamborn or floodborn on cards represent yet?
Holy crap, how did I not think of that, that's genius.

I don't think they have, but have promised they will with a sort of meta narrative eventually, possibly starting with set 2 maybe.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 7, 2023

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

The queen seems perticularly powerful, being able to add -4 AND +4 every time she quests and not just on play, for basicly only 1.5 points of her cost is insane.
I love the agro lore generation as well, and resist keywords, being able to force your opponent discard your hand on attack are wild.

E:I wonder if self-bouncing with Merlin would be worth it. for example targeting yourself with Cruella. Just having sorcerer mickey and brooms could be neat, attacking with them, having them bounce to your hand giving merlin +1 Lore each time.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 12, 2023

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

played my first non-casual tournament last night. it was 3 rounds swiss best of 3. I won the very first game, and then proceeded to loose the next 6 running a Rockstar Stitch zoo (which I'm going to retire and try some other decks next time),, ending in last place (tied with one other person out of 25 players)

They do weekly mini games at my store for extra stickers that are Disney themed. One week they had monkeys in a barrel themed after Abu, this week it was throwing plastic axes at a dartboard (the kind with the pegs for non-sharp darts, the axes weren't sharp). to get 1 sticker if you hit the target, and 1 sticker for knocking a wedged beast card down.

I feel like I'm still very bad at deckbuilding, but I did some reworking on my other two decks I'm going to try.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

yeah, that's what they limited to at my store as well. (box + up to 1 of each of the decks or a mat)). they only were going to get 12 boxes so they raffled to see who could buy it out of 25 people. I won and was able to buy a box (was very tempted to buy the decks too, but I'm trying to limit myself).

I heard of other places had 30 boxes and was reserving over the phone. One person who goes to my store drove around and preordered 10 boxes(!?)

I played some more today at my store, and did a quick edit of my Stitch deck. I added Kuzco and some Hatters, getting rid of some damage boosters and I think it preforms a lot better. I played 1 game with it and didn't win, but it was really close, which is better than usual.

I played my first multiplayer game with ruby/steel, 3rd player (3rd+ players should really get an extra card for each seat in order), and I ended up winning. Player in 1st seat couldn''t beat both of us and I convinced him to take out the 2nd person to let me win.

Did Lorcana release multiplayer rules yet? I heard it was something that's been testplayed internally, but I don't remember if there are rules. I can't find any searching, so I'm guessing no.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

loving yowzers.

Combo him with Tinkerbell, Giant Fairy or Grab Your Sword (or a lot of Steel cards really) and just sit back and wipe out your opponent's entire board at zero risk to yourself.

Deathtouch has arrived.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

I'm going to be in a semi-sealed tournemant this weekend. I get 1 deck + 2 boosters (plus the 2 boosters in the deck) and 45 minutes to build a deck. I'm not sure which deck I'm going to choose yet (or if I'll have a choice. I don't think I can pre-choose). No outside cards, so I will only have the 108? cards to build from.

E: I'll probably go with Amber Saphire over Amythist Steel, though could be good.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 13, 2023

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

there are some people who do, I have a bunch of cards from the first set (a box, 3 decks and some "penny packs" (small sets of commons/uncommons) I won and 5 singles I bought.). I don't know if the scalper problem is as bifg a problem as it seems, so much as a lack of proeduct being made. I do know someone in my area who's collecting 1 of each unopened product which he's brought up a few times and I've bitten my tongue because it's kind of annoying it's hoarded unused proiduct,. but at least it's only 1 of each and not like tons of boxes or something.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

I finished 11 out of 27 in my local tournament, but I also won a D100 set in a raffle. My local store did a bunch of "mini games" themed to Disney for more chances to win, like doing a shell game with Dr. Falcier hats, throwing axes at a target (gaston) and picking up barrel pof monkey monkeys (Abu). I went 3-2 with an amber dwarf swarm deck. I feel like set 2's Steel was a bit stronger though, resist was hard to beat.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Ravensburger is saying they got a DoS attack and that's why there's been problems on their site. It was a pasted image from supposedly the official discord, which I',m not on, so I don't have any source to post.

E: Found it on twitter:
https://twitter.com/DisneyLorcana/status/1726730900946460789

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 21, 2023

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

My one criticism of the locations is the cost being vertical while everything else horizontal is stupid looking.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

oh true, that'd be awkward to have it the other way in your hand, good point.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

ooh. this could be fun with strange belle + quill pen. get a little extra lore as you get to 10 ink and then hit with Belle a few times. I have a saphire/amythist item/draw/ramp deck, though a big flaw of the deck is I don't really have much to protect belle with.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

I did a release tournament today(sealed deck with no color restrictions). I agree on the color restrictions, I ended up only swaping out Horace and jsasper from the amber/emerald deck and ran it mostly as-is and stuck with the two colors, and I think that was a big disadvantage. I was in 9th in the 4th round and trhen lost and dropped to 15th out of 17 with 3-2

Locations do seem really strong, they have a lot of defense for their cost, and so it takes a few hits it feels like from comprable costed units barring anti-location stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

KidDynamite posted:

made top 4 in my lcg's store championship with pridelands steel song. got that stitch listed on ebay and ready to move.

Nice! I just got 9th in my set championships, I did much better than I thought I was going to do with ruby/steel control. Steelsong kicked my butt because I forgot to put any item breaking in. I was 0-1 and almost won the 2nd round at 19 lore, but my opponent got their 4th sleepy flute, giving them just enough lore to win.