Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is physical stores selling boosters for 12 bucks a pack standard or is that just my local game store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah honestly it kinda burns the lgs/customer relationship a bunch. Like if a store is going to gouge that hard it makes me a lot less resistant to just finding where ever I can online (although I know in this situation that's hard which is why they can sell that high) for other stuff.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

I got into the store, filled my cart, and even attempted to submit payment once and then either my 20 minutes were up (it was taking a very long time to click each thing and submit each step) or the website decided it hated me, and I got booted back to the queue in position 1.2 million.

So, gently caress me, I guess.

Also, P.S. to Ravensburger, that's called demand, guys. Try to meet it next time.

Exactly same thing happened to me, it sucked.

I feel a little bad for them too if they were indeed getting ddosed since that just makes the continuing fiasco over their inability to meet demand and the gouging local stores worse. My lgs is advertising a draft for $50 entry fee which is absurd (they at least have the sense of shame to list the price as "price of packs needed" and no actual number close by).

Saltpowered posted:

Lost to demand and bots. Ravensburger is just so far over their head trying to support this game. It’s a very fun game that is easy to teach and can have a lot of depth. They have a hit that they will piss away through being unable to figure this poo poo out.

This is like when WotC couldn’t support Pokemon appropriately.

I think the Enchanted chase cards were a mistake but the One Ring mtg mania may have screwed them with the investors and scalpers. Pretty much every card has plummeted in value to what they probably should be in a healthy market so I think without those hundred dollar cards people wouldn't be trying so hard to get the lottery wins and product would be selling more reasonably.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Nov 21, 2023

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lmao

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

At this point it's probably both cheaper and less aggravating to just go to TCGplayer and buy the starter decks piecemeal and create them yourself.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The amount of Best Buys locations that are getting product (at least in my state) is oddly small.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Thanks! Buying an extra $1.30 bag of candy to get free shipping that will be sent in a different package felt incredibly silly but here we are.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I just assumed that Barnes and Noble wouldn't be getting it so I called to check and the rep didn't even see it in the system. They were kind enough to look in multiple places it would be and there's no trace it will ever be there.

My local Best buy isn't even listed as getting any and likewise I didn't feel like driving an hour out to one that supposedly was getting some on the off chance that was true. The distribution has been impressively awful in pretty much every way it could be. The game stores gouging their customers aren't helping the impression.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I just don't see the point of buying these packs at so much over MSRP instead of singles if those are your only choices. None of the non enchanted cards are worth that much so it's just gambling with very poor odds for a positive return combined with the stress of having to search these things out to even purchase.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I don't think the sealed boxes are ever going to be worth that much since people went in with the idea of it being a hot collectable so there's a ton of people hoarding. As you said if the game fails because no one can play or it gets the reputation of the game that's just too expensive to play those really won't be worth anything.

I have been having a little fun today watching some cards I am interested in for a budget deck plumit in value. One has lost about 75 cents an hour since this morning as people are panic selling.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I don't think I've ever seen a queue system for a high demand item not explode and piss off everyone. The lottery email was stuff sounds vastly superior..

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I saw an empty shelf at Target where it was sold out, does that count?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I've seen some at the local game store but they were $12 a pack which is pretty laughable but I guess people are still buying for that high.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Went to a game store yesterday and they had plenty of packs for $10 and a full case of starters (not one had been bought) sitting there for $20 which isn't even that bad. I have to think even the lgs are going to have to break and start selling for MSRP soon since it feels like the product isn't moving as fast at the scalper prices anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is this how they are going to backdoor Sonic the Hedgehog into Lorcana?