Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

CapnAndy posted:

I don't know if Giant Tink is in any meta decks right now, but she's good. She works well in Steel's nascent identity of doing a lot of direct damage without needing to challenge.

She's in the Amber/Steel deck that won the big tournament in Denver, and she's arguably one of the best plays against any Amber-based rush deck when combined with Grab Your Swords. Essentially, you play Tink, Tiny Tactician on 3, on 4 you can Shift her into Giant Tink and use her to sing GYS, dealing 3 total damage to all opposing characters.

I'm hoping to build a budget-friendly Ruby/Emerald or Emerald/Amethyst, personally. The idea behind Emerald's "Oh, no, you gotta come to me" characters is very fun, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

CapnAndy posted:

Why do I want characters to be at locations? I still don't understand that.

Some characters will have effects if they're at locations; the Emerald Stitch that comes in the Gift Set has Evasive normally, and gains Ward if he's at a location, so he can only be mass removed, not challenged or targeted with an action. We've seen a very low number of characters so far that'll have location effects, but I imagine they'll do things like increase the passive lore a location generates, or maybe a global buff to your other characters.