Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UF not even relevant enough to make the panic meter bit :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sark getting a 5-minute standing boovation like he's bombing at Cannes or something

Crowd now chanting DUI

:lol: at the graphics people putting this up during his interview

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

vandy and wake kicked off if you need football now

lol vandy

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Vertical Lime posted:

vandy and wake kicked off if you need football now

lol vandy

Welp, lightning delay

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Qwijib0 posted:

Is is a moral victory if the Cyclones lose but hold Iowa to under 10 thereby making the road to 25 points/game average even harder?

I'm trying to will a 3-2 El Assico into existence, just for the comedy factor, I don't even care who wins.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jeremor posted:

Welp, lightning delay

The literal only point for this game was for bonus football this morning and we get a loving lightning delay lol

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Might as well cancel the game

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

UVA's starting quarterback is out, so they are starting the freshman backup. UVA's starter was a Division II transfer, which is pretty indicative of the state of the program.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

I’m open to the possibility that my memory of gameday 20 years ago is incorrect and I’m fine with them leaning into the spectacle, but yeah can we break down some film or something?

I know I'm remembering old ESPN in too much of a sunny light, but man I loved the old Gameday aesthetic. Cultured meatheads in suits breaking down games and trying to maintain order in front of an already drunk tailgate crowd. Now it's an over-caffeinated, self-aware, too-winky-by-half, quadruple-branded miasma.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I hate that Bear guy on Big Noon Kickoff. Apparently he whined his way into getting an on-air segment to pick teams... and he doesn't even give logical reasons for picking the teams he does. My dude, the whole point of talking about your picks on a tv show is to give a valid explanation for why you think that team will win.

He said he picked NU over CU, because a lot of people were picking CU. :psyduck: that's the dumbest reason ever to pick a team

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: at the graphics people putting this up during his interview

I'm curious as to who has the best record against top 5 AP opponents now.

I don't believe in Sark, but I think there are a bunch of really good coaches who would look really bad with that stat next to their name?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DrunkPanda posted:

I hate that Bear guy on Big Noon Kickoff. Apparently he whined his way into getting an on-air segment to pick teams... and he doesn't even give logical reasons for picking the teams he does. My dude, the whole point of talking about your picks on a tv show is to give a valid explanation for why you think that team will win.

He said he picked NU over CU, because a lot of people were picking CU. :psyduck: that's the dumbest reason ever to pick a team

The guy they replaced him with on GameDay seems much better. He does actual games, not degenerate gambler poo poo where all the games are Sun Belt vs. WAC like Bear does. Also new guy does over unders and prop bets.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I'm curious as to who has the best record against top 5 AP opponents now.

I don't believe in Sark, but I think there are a bunch of really good coaches who would look really bad with that stat next to their name?

That's probably James Franklin's record because he lost to Ohio State a bunch of times, especially when Penn State was quite mediocre his first two years and 2020-21.

Saban and Dabo probably have good records due to playoff wins. Coaches of top 5 teams will have decent records against other top 5 teams.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

I know I'm remembering old ESPN in too much of a sunny light, but man I loved the old Gameday aesthetic. Cultured meatheads in suits breaking down games and trying to maintain order in front of an already drunk tailgate crowd. Now it's an over-caffeinated, self-aware, too-winky-by-half, quadruple-branded miasma.

Yeah it’s like the Simpsons when it was clear the writers had been replaced by writers who grew up as fans of the show—so it’s all too clever by half. Like a copy of a copy of a copy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Joe Namath looks like a boiled piece of leather in a red jacket.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Say what you want about gameday, at least its not the lovely fox knock off

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

G-Hawk posted:

Say what you want about gameday, at least its not the lovely fox knock off

:hmmyes:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Proteus Jones posted:

Joe Namath looks like a boiled piece of leather in a red jacket.

what impeccable timing with the monday nighter

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Namath looks like ALF

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I can't believe ESPN let Suzy Kobler go this year then had Joe Namath on their broadcast

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Brady Quinn is gonna need to change his supplement regimen if he wants to keep needing haircuts.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lol at the lead-in to this UGA game is about fans having opinions about Mike Bobo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/sickoscommittee/status/1700540002877260029?s=46

cowards

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rhule knows how to get a team amped up

https://twitter.com/dmrussini/status/1571533334047608834?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Marvin burned the absolute gently caress out of that guy

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Let’s go fighting primetimes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
GameDay has another picker using props now, and I can't tell if they want him to replace Lee Corso or if he's just really thirsty and trying to make it happen himself. So far he's put on a Colorado hat and pulled out a folding chair with the Texas logo on it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

They pulled the graphic because they hosed it up saying Corso picked Nebraska.

e: Also, gently caress COLORADO

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dango Bango posted:

e: Also, gently caress COLORADO

But... but that means I need to cheer for Nebraska. I'm not liking that trade-off, no sir.

e: KSU looking to row some serious boat against Troy after that stroll downfield.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA update: yawn

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Too many commercials imho

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What a disastrous time-out and sequence from Nebraska

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

NEBRASKA GONNA NEBRASKA

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
lmao nebraska, good start

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LMAO

Nice fumble on the snap, Nebraska

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Whoops Nebraska getting a new head coach

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

:laffo: Huskers

Proteus Jones posted:

But... but that means I need to cheer for Nebraska. I'm not liking that trade-off, no sir.

Never cheer for Nebraska

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

owned

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Elephanthead posted:

Whoops Nebraska getting a new head coach

same as it ever was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Absolutely shot ourselves in the foot there.

I knew that timeout was a bad, bad omen