Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

BAL - Lamar Jackson - Passing
BAL - Lamar Jackson - Rushing
KC - Patrick Mahomes - Passing
KC - Isaiah Pacheco - Rushing
SF - Brandon Aiyuk - Receiving

BBQ#: DET - Jared Goff - Passing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Alright we're about to be underway for the final round of the 1kyob 2023 season. Good luck to our finalists (me included!) and we'll see you all on the other side :hellyeah:

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Ok here we are at the conclusion of the final round of 1KYOB 2023, with our three contenders all vying for the title of 1KYOB champion! Pre-BBQ results are below. Okibi and Leperflesh were neck-and-neck heading into the final turn, both well placed to finish the round with a score in the 900s. I was a bit further back however I had noted powerhouse Jared Goff in the pocket who certainly had the capacity to drag my entry from ho-hum up to :hellyeah:, so it was really anybody's game!

pre:
Player                  Pre-MNF  MNF Player                      MNF Limit  Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okibi                       813  SF::Brandon Aiyuk::Receiving          187  Professor active
Leperflesh                  812  SF::Christian McCaffrey::Rushing      188    
Bjork Bjowlob               703  DET::Jared Goff::Passing              297  Shadow active
And here are the final results. Both McCaffrey and Aiyuk had good games, however McCaffrey had the advantage on the ground which allowed Leperflesh to pull ahead of Okibi, 902 to 881. I needed Goff to perform within a tight window - any less than 200 yards and the win would go to Leperflesh, any more than 297 yards and the Shadow token would bounce me back to third place. Fortunately for me, the Lions did not completely abandon the passing game and Goff completed 25 of 41 attempts for a total of 273 yards, landing my entry in the top spot for the week at 976 yards!

pre:
Position    Player            Final Score    Outcome                               Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       1    Bjork Bjowlob             976    1KYOB CHAMPION                        Shadow not required
       2    Leperflesh                902    Second overall     
       3    Okibi                     881    Third overall                         Professor not required
We now go live to Bjork for their feelings after taking home the championship. Bjork?

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Thus ends the 1KYOB 2023 season! Thanks to all of you for playing, I hope you enjoyed it. I want to thank all of you especially for giving the game another chance after a couple of years of slow/no updates during the season :unsmith:

Next year will be even better, I hope to see you all back for 2024!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Welp. Missed by 74 yards, eh? I guess I should have added one more receiver. I can be happy with a silver medal since my team's going to the superbowl.

Thanks for running this again, Bjork! And I gotta say, this year it went way better. I think you were on time with every week's results, which made it a lot easier to figure out how much risk to take etc. It's funny that you won your own contest of course.

feedback for next year: that token I abused the poo poo out of for weeks is a bit broken IMO.

Okibi
Jul 13, 2004

A shadowy flight into the ridiculous world of a man whose music should not exist
Grimey Drawer
Congrats Bjork! And thanks for another fun season of 1KYOB!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
As always, a fun way and a great way to spend time during the season. See y'all in September!