Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
10 dollars for one chip is too much imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Devils Affricate posted:

It's possible, albeit pretty rare, that the pain response is extreme enough in someone to cause cardiac arrest. I guess you could also asphyxiate on your own mucus. But yeah, capsaicin doesn't actually damage the body directly.

Do such people deserve to live??

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

redshirt posted:

Ask this kid's parents, I guess

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

redshirt posted:

Of course they do. All people deserve to live.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I'm alive but I do not live

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the kid is now burning in hell because they broke the law (eating hot chip under legal age).

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Put all their marketing towards teens. But no, the chip is clearly labeled that it's not for teens.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

redshirt posted:

Of course they do, but who ever really does?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Icochet posted:

that a chip could cost as much as a banana is to me preposterous, thanks B!!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im gonna play devils advocate and say that the one chip is for idiots and what you really want is the entire bag of ghost pepper chibs from the same company and a jar ghost pepper queso from mrs renfrews

UNLESS YOU CANT HANDLE THE HEAT BIOTCH

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Icochet posted:

You also have to factor in needing new underwear.

And the medical bills.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

redshirt posted:

pretty predictable opinion coming from a redshirt

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

He was probably vaxxed and that had something to do with it

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

It's possible, albeit pretty rare, that the pain response is extreme enough in someone to cause cardiac arrest. I guess you could also asphyxiate on your own mucus. But yeah, capsaicin doesn't actually damage the body directly.

"Capsaicin is a component of some pepper spray products and bear spray devices and is described as being more irritating than mace."

"People who eat capsaicin-containing products, including tortilla chips featured in the Paqui One Chip Challenge, often experience mouth irritation, pain, or burning, along with intestinal discomfort. Capsaicin consumption can also cause more serious health problems, including shortness of breath, allergic reactions, chest pain, heart palpitations, and even heart attacks or strokes. Consumption of larger amounts of capsaicin can also cause repeated vomiting that can lead to life-threatening esophageal damage."

https://www.poison.org/articles/is-the-one-chip-challenge-dangerous

We like spicy food though, so it's completely safe.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I will eat the chip

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Smugworth posted:

I will eat the chip

I don't believe you will eat the chip

:toxx:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

I will eat the chip

u think sushi is gross. therefore there is a 0% chance of this happening

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007
Would life insurance cover the costs for this funeral, or would his family members need to chip in

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pig labeled 3 posted:

Would life insurance cover the costs for this funeral, or would his family members need to chip in

Depends on your policy.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

"Capsaicin is a component of some pepper spray products and bear spray devices and is described as being more irritating than mace."

"People who eat capsaicin-containing products, including tortilla chips featured in the Paqui One Chip Challenge, often experience mouth irritation, pain, or burning, along with intestinal discomfort. Capsaicin consumption can also cause more serious health problems, including shortness of breath, allergic reactions, chest pain, heart palpitations, and even heart attacks or strokes. Consumption of larger amounts of capsaicin can also cause repeated vomiting that can lead to life-threatening esophageal damage."

https://www.poison.org/articles/is-the-one-chip-challenge-dangerous

We like spicy food though, so it's completely safe.

You're dumb as hell, Steve

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lmao peppers are a public health menace

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm somehow on the main bridge crew of the Enterprise.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chinatown posted:

u think sushi is gross. therefore there is a 0% chance of this happening

Don’t tell smugworth but I hid the chip in a deviled egg garnished with an olive and crushed peanut shells.He won’t be able to resist.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

Than you for your thoughtful, considered, well-researched and polite response. Please eat a hundred of the chips in one sitting so I can further admire you.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

Than you for your thoughtful, considered, well-researched and polite response. Please eat a hundred of the chips in one sitting so I can further admire you.

You're the one who replied to me with a snarky one liner, and you quoted something from the article that doesn't even conflict with what I said, just sensationalizes it in the most ridiculous way possible.

Capsaicin is the chemical naturally found in chili peppers that makes them spicy. Citing the fact that it's used in mace or bear spray is like saying water is poisonous because it's an ingredient in certain industrial cleaners.

So I repeat

Devils Affricate posted:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I had a bite of a raw Ghost Pepper once. That poo poo sucked. Like it was fruity and zesty at first, and then just pain. Milk and vodka did nothing. I drank beers and it didn't help the burn but it definitely got me to forget when something slightly amusing happened.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

These Doritos are spicy!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

pig labeled 3 posted:

Might need to dip into the ole 401k.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I love spicy food and the only time I ever really had a bad reaction was eating a whole habanero just to prove I could. It was particularly spicy and I had to take a few minutes to compose myself in the bathroom while I sweated profusely and felt like I was going to throw up.

I think this story is overblown though. I have my doubts that a perfectly healthy teenager would just keel over from eating a hot chip without something else being wrong or he choked on it or something. Hell, a food allergy seems a reasonable explanation.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
All this spicy food challenge crap is fratboy tier inanity. I know people who have gotten so into eating spicier and spicier stuff for the purpose of inflating their e-peen that they've ruined their palates and can only eat poo poo caked in ghost pepper powder.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Why is there no spicy meatball challenge?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I ran the numbers and, weirdly enough, still better for you than Salt and Vinegar

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I ate a habanero on camera one time as part of a charity drive (Avenues for Justice is a great charity).

I also ate two chocolate ghost peppers on stream last October, just because we were front paging on Twitch but I needed to keep the audience engaged through halftime and I had them in my fridge. It was fun, keep milk handy.

But also, I guess, don't gently caress with superhots unless you really like spicy food and have a plan (water doesn't work, use lactose)

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

emSparkly posted:

All this spicy food challenge crap is fratboy tier inanity. I know people who have gotten so into eating spicier and spicier stuff for the purpose of inflating their e-peen that they've ruined their palates and can only eat poo poo caked in ghost pepper powder.

Yo don't talk poo poo on LA Beast like that, dude is a good guy

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
I love spicy food, but the chip challenge seems a little extreme, I know there's a point where the burn becomes just pure pain.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Yo don't talk poo poo on LA Beast like that, dude is a good guy

That LEGEND ate an entire bag of laxative like sugar free gummy bears, he will always be immortal for that alone.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I got a bag of flamin' hot ranch Doritos let's goooooo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

How’d you manage to smuggle those into Minnesota? Has your doctor cleared you to consume them?

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Smugworth posted:

What like, for your grandma? :thunk:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i ate one of the chips they are loving gross. it was spicy but unfortunately i did not perish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i also ate one of these and it was a really lovely chip