Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

My team with Andrews and Christian Watson injured and Garrett Wilson getting Zach Wilson’d still won handily because of the Dallas D. Lol.

It helped that I was facing Daniel Jones

Dallas is going to drop 35+ every week, right???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Need a huge game from Adams today. So far so good :getin:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

pokes Chiefs/Jags with a stick come on do something

lol the over on this game was like 51

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Gonna start streaming defenses going up against KC :getin:

Seriously this game being a huge turd is killing me, I have Jags everywhere

At least Kelce did something

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Zay Jones 2 big catches on the end zone cant keep his gd feet in.

:negative:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Man Gabe Davis having a sick game on my bench. Playing against Josh Allen naturally just to rub it in

Also yes

Quiet Feet posted:

I want a garbage time Davante Adams TD please.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

coronaball posted:

Because McDaniel is a lunatic who leaves his starters in down by 28 with 3 mins left, you could get your wish!

Unfortunately the raiders are trash and immediately fumbled in the red zone

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Having Daniel Jones is going to give me a loving ulcer

Unfortunately I am probably still going to lose despite that outburst unless Rhamondre and Waddle score like 20 each

Also I picked giants in my survivor pool. That was a sweat

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

If the Pats were gonna lose anyway I wouldn’t have minded Sanders making those field goals

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

CAR stalled out after a short drive. Should have featured more MILES. :colbert:

Sorry I need Miles to have a dogshit game to steal a win

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

i need 5 points from Miles Sanders to win.

everyone who has ever owned Miles Sanders, including me, know what is going to happen.

If he scores 3 or less points in the fourth quarter, I win :pray:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Docjowles posted:

If he scores 3 or less points in the fourth quarter, I win :pray:

I won by one point because Chuba got that whole final drive to himself :lol::lol::lol:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Deebo with the “call an ambulance! But not for me” touchdown god drat

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

God Waller is a disaster.

Lol at drafting any giants

*checks roster*

gently caress

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh my god Mattison is SO BAD :negative:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Looking like I’m gonna need the Cowboys D to bail me out yet again

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Reeally needed that Cowboys' RB TD to be Pollard :ohdear:

Yeah :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Could have used a big game from Kelce but the Bears are so poo poo that KC might sit their starters for the second half

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Holy gently caress that Dallas D poo poo the bed today. My opponents both had the Bills D too. Gonna lose both games now by less than 10.

Still, the tears of all the Dallas fans at my work tomorrow will sustain me. Or at least have something to fire back with when they mention how WSH got smoked today.

This is the saving grace of Dallas failing. It means... Dallas lost in extremely embarrassing fashion and I can endlessly talk poo poo to everyone in my life who roots for the Cowboys :yeshaha:

Also holy poo poo Davante Adams might bail me out of two bad losses. Gotta wait for MNF though :ohdear:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 25, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

My other option was Fields but Love is my starter and this ain't a great start.

I knew in the depths of my soul that if I dropped Daniel Jones, whoever I added would also suck poo poo, and here we are :guinness:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ok after 3 points from Dimes last week I now feel great about Love. Rip packers fans though Lions are rolling

Edit: week not year heh

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 29, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

My god that was a roller coaster. Wish Love hadn't poo poo the bed so hard but he still had something like 14 more points than Dimes last week so whatever. Calling it an upgrade until Jones inevitably scores 40 on Seattle somehow

Pros: I swapped in Monty over Brian Robinson at the last second and for maybe the first time ever my tinkering was a good choice

Cons: That was in my stupid 0 money college buddy league. In the league I care most about I was going against Monty :rip:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 29, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

This was another week where teams (at least in my leagues) scored like 80 or 150+ with very little in the middle. Lot of wins and losses depending on which of those teams you randomly matched up against

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 2, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

Gotta say having Josh Allen is a luxury i am not usually afforded

I'm in one league with weirdo scoring (6pt passing TDs, point per rushing first down, point per completion and -0.5 incompletion). I had Allen circled in blood as my #1 priority target and so far that has worked out splendidly. He scored 54 points in this format yesterday :lol:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I thought I might regret dropping Dimes :laffo:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cat Hassler posted:

Thought it was a smash play to start Robinson

Lol

loving TNF

:same:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Fucks sale it's a Dotson game isnt it?

No it’s a Curtis Samuel game, somehow, in 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It's both funny and infuriating that you know TNF will never be a normal game, but it is impossible to predict in what way. Will the worst team in the league absolutely roll to an easy victory? Will it have an over/under of 48 and end up with a final score of 3-3? Will there be 4 defensive/special teams touchdowns? WHO KNOWS

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I'm very annoyed I keep making the wrong selections and have guys going off on my bench.

Same

On the other hand I am going to (likely) win this week cause my opponent started Richardson over Burrow. Which was 100% the right choice but we play a cruel and unjust game

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sat goedert, started Henry, lol. All my starting team played mediocre to crap.

In one league I have a single player in double digits and it’s loving Mattison with 11 lol. QB and Dallas D haven’t gone yet but it’s one of my most shameful showings in years. Thankfully my opponent just had an average day, I could have very easily lost by like 100

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh also I finally cut the cord on Pitts and he had a great week (by tight end standards). Just made every possible wrong choice in this league

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh I forgot, I also sat Zach Moss to start Scary Terry because "lol, bears". Lol, my decisions more like.

This sucks rear end but was the right process at least. JT is coming back and they’re playing what’s usually a very good rush D, and Moss himself is just a dude. So of course he is possessed by the spirit of Ladanian Tomlinson and scores like 60 points :iiam:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

drat it Davante the revenge game isn’t supposed to be revenge on me for drafting you

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

MerklesBoner posted:

Well I’m done for if McCarthy refuses to accept points on 4th and 1, Aubrey’s getting no field goals tonight.

yeah I wish I had a punter instead of a kicker in this game lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Need one more FG from Aubrey

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I am never drafting Olave again. gently caress this Saints offense.

Me sowing: the Saints are gonna be rear end as usual, Garrett Wilson and Olave are right next to each other in ADP, give me Wilson every time

Me reaping: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Etienne has 17pts at the start of the 2nd quarter in 0.5ppr lol

lol I bought the offseason narrative that Tank Bigsby was going to get all the pass catching and goal line work so I have no Etienne anywhere. That guy in the main fantasy thread who keeps starting random nobodies over established studs to make a point that fantasy experts are as dumb as the rest of us is right :stare:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

The key to ridley is whether the team primarily does man or zone. Man coverage, sit. Zone: Start

Do you happen to know a free resource for team man/zone tendencies? I have all sorts of crap bookmarked over the years but this one eludes me. Or is it only available via a PFF sub or something?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Freezer posted:

Is bijan hurt or something?

Only thing I’ve seen is whatever the hell this means :iiam:

https://x.com/tori_mcelhaney/status/1716162971406053414?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cat Hassler posted:

Steelers offense is garbage

I have Diontae and Warren and I’m losing patience

It didn’t help me because he’s on my bench of course but that Warren TD ruled. Najee stans in shambles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

ESPN quit loving with me I do not have a 35% chance of winning beer league this week down 20 with just Goedert and injured McCaffrey left to go.

The percentages are the hugest troll ever and very obviously just based on "how close is each remaining player to their initial projection". Last week when I needed one FG from Aubrey to take the lead, my opponent showed 99% to win for a good while. Aubrey made the FG and I won with my "1% chance", get owned :smuggo:

I've also lost many a week where I was > 90% to win going into the final game. Because it turns out it's loving impossible to consistently and reliably project fantasy points

But also depending on your scoring system Goedert may have gotten you 95% of the way there