Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Oh yeah one more thing: Roquan Smith is a goddamned menace on the field and was worth every penny the Ravens paid for him.

Paying ILBs is generally not seen as good team building these days but I would say you can make an exception for the best one in the league. And man is it nice to have a truly great linebacker on the field again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Is this gonna be the third straight situation where the Packers QB gets shipped to the Jets and somehow the backup becomes a Superbowl champion because I'm not sure I can accept this whole pipeline

Get ready for your 5 time MVP, 3x Super Bowl winning, 2038 NY Jets QB Jordan Love!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

JT Jag posted:

Trevor Lawrence had a great game by every metric, with his only turnover being deflected straight off the hands of a receiver, and yet he's bottom 5 in EPA? Fake stat

I'm sorry your QB is worse than Ryan Tannehill.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Get ready for your 5 time MVP, 3x Super Bowl winning, 2038 NY Jets QB Jordan Love!

If we're sticking to the script he'll win multiple MVPs and be the best QB in the league, but only get one ring.

And then we'll all find out late in or after his career that he's a massive jerk in some very odd way. It's odd to have no say in your life, but it was over the second he became a Packer.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

Oh yeah one more thing: Roquan Smith is a goddamned menace on the field and was worth every penny the Ravens paid for him.

Paying ILBs is generally not seen as good team building these days but I would say you can make an exception for the best one in the league. And man is it nice to have a truly great linebacker on the field again.

Thing is, Roquan has been significantly better for the Ravens than he ever was with the Bears. And he was very good with the Bears! It feels unsustainable but one off-season later and the man has picked up right where he left off.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Packers QBs max out at 1 ring. Bart Starr got two on a technicality but it was before electricity and his coaching was so bad after he gets docked 1

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How did Bryce Young look? I know apparently 5 10 is microscopic in NFL terms but I didn't see anything about him

Showed quite a bit of promise, only a couple rookie errors - missing a safety lurking, being a little late on some throws etc, but he moves extremely well, has good mechanics and processing under duress, very accurate, he's pretty much exactly as advertised from the draft stuff, I think the issues were mostly related to chemistry with the receivers who are not amazing and have been hurt leading in. I think him and Mingo will come on toward the end of the year, it's just going to take some time. New QB, lots of new personnel, new coach, new system but I saw a whole lot of good. I have no concerns whatsoever outside of him potentially exploding.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Grittybeard posted:

If we're sticking to the script he'll win multiple MVPs and be the best QB in the league, but only get one ring.

And then we'll all find out late in or after his career that he's a massive jerk in some very odd way. It's odd to have no say in your life, but it was over the second he became a Packer.

It's something in the water. The only way to explain Wisconsinites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Grittybeard posted:

DeimosRising posted:

Packers QBs max out at 1 ring. Bart Starr got two on a technicality but it was before electricity and his coaching was so bad after he gets docked 1

Ya know, I'm ok with this.