Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Baker is funny, can't wait for him to be loving insufferable in a Studio 2-3 years from now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Week 1 micd up

featuring Derek Carr (somewhat cringe), Ekeler (lots of grunting), Tom Brady (???????), Roquan Smith (pretty good, it's cool to see close ups of linebacker play which you don't see often), Pacheco (more grunting), Cousins (more cringe) and it looked like they might have had one planned for Rodgers but lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-W6n8r1ZM

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Good Baker is always fun to watch. It won't last but it'll be a fun ride for a bit.

I feel like he’s on the Fitzmagic path.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
What’s a 9 game Mike Evans rental going to cost? The Bills and Chiefs might need to get in on that.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I feel like he’s on the Fitzmagic path.

Chase Daniel heir apparent

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Calidus posted:

What’s a 9 game Mike Evans rental going to cost? The Bills and Chiefs might need to get in on that.

I am definitely not turning down Mike Evans, but I'm not...completely unsold on the Chiefs receivers yet?

That offense was mostly working. It just requires completions (some rushing yards wouldn't hurt too). We'll see what the Lions D and the Chiefs O look like going forward. I don't think Kelce completely fixes everything, I think they'll start calling Taylor for obvious penalties. But dudes were open, just not making plays.

Please figure out a way to get Mike Evans

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I don't know if you guys heard but Baker's back and the Bucs are winning the division. Go get yourself a Chase Claypool, Evans is staying home.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mega64 posted:

Good Baker is always fun to watch. It won't last but it'll be a fun ride for a bit.

https://youtube.com/shorts/3u0Q2zu1O5A?si=qZ42BJaxSdk-FNX0

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im sure Brandon Cooks is available. Because... I just assume that's his default designation by now.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I thought CJ Stroud had a nice debut. He was decisive and was able to get the ball out quickly and accurately against some pretty heavy pressure coming at him. Showed some nice escapability. It's funny how much better he looked that Zach Wilson already.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Every rookie is going to look good if the bar is Zach Wilson

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hey guys I know we all hate Zach Wilson but outside of one play where he ran backwards 30 yards before throwing it out of bounds and the obviously dumb INT, he didn't play that badly and he beat the Buffalo Bills yet again.

STATS

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol Russ at the far end of completions above expected.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I have no idea how to read that but I see Jordan Love way above the line so I'm going to nod in agreement and Go Pack Bitches.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MJeff posted:

lol Russ at the far end of completions above expected.

27 of 34 is pretty awesome!

for 177 yards... that's huh, how do you even do that? Must be like 0 YAC?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

One weird trick to exceed expectations, play like poop from a butt for a full year. Analytics nerds hate him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kalli posted:

27 of 34 is pretty awesome!

for 177 yards... that's huh, how do you even do that? Must be like 0 YAC?

Sounds like those lazy overpaid receivers aren't carrying their weight, tbh.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I have no idea how to read that but I see Jordan Love way above the line so I'm going to nod in agreement and Go Pack Bitches.

That's right he's good OP

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hot Diggity! posted:

Who wants more evidence that EPA is dumb as gently caress?

:thunk:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Diva Cupcake posted:

Hey guys I know we all hate Zach Wilson but outside of one play where he ran backwards 30 yards before throwing it out of bounds and the obviously dumb INT, he didn't play that badly and he beat the Buffalo Bills yet again.

STATS

Absolutey stunned to see someone had a worse week than Daniel Jones

every chart graphic week 1 should have the Giants at the bottom left somehow

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

MJeff posted:

Sounds like those lazy overpaid receivers aren't carrying their weight, tbh.

They are all hurt except Sutton.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Correct EPA is dumb and Jordan Love is good

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

STATS

I mean by this same metric we'd have to argue that Josh Allen "didn't play that badly" which lol.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Too many other factors outside of a QBs control to value EPA/play alone as a quarterback stat, but CPOE adds how skillful they were under various conditions. Still worthwhile.

Also charts are cool. Lists are dumb.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I regret even mentioning Zach Wilson, my main point was that Stroud was half-decent. there was a couple of throws that were millimeters from being picks but that's to be expected.

Also haven't seen a lot of people talk about him but Will Anderson... drat. He looks awesome right out of the gate.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hot Diggity! posted:

That's right he's good OP

Is this gonna be the third straight situation where the Packers QB gets shipped to the Jets and somehow the backup becomes a Superbowl champion because I'm not sure I can accept this whole pipeline

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i feel like Stroud might be the most :geno: top 2 QB pick ever in terms of people talking or caring about what they're doing or how they're doing. he's the Travon Walker of QB picks. i guess it's because he went to Houston and no one cares about Houston

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Is this gonna be the third straight situation where the Packers QB gets shipped to the Jets and somehow the backup becomes a Superbowl champion because I'm not sure I can accept this whole pipeline

One of these days taking a Packers QB is gonna work out for the Jets

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

epic bacon posted:

i feel like Stroud might be the most :geno: top 2 QB pick ever in terms of people talking or caring about what they're doing or how they're doing. he's the Travon Walker of QB picks. i guess it's because he went to Houston and no one cares about Houston

It's because :geno: is his entire personality.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

epic bacon posted:

Literally bc no one cares about the texans

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's because :geno: is his entire personality.

EmbryoSteve posted:

Literally bc no one cares about the texans

You could say the same about Bryce Young and the Panthers. Richardson is the guy getting all the attention it seems.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
How did Bryce Young look? I know apparently 5 10 is microscopic in NFL terms but I didn't see anything about him

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gorson posted:

Not trying to pin this all on Rodgers. I feel bad for the guy because while I think he's a weird egomaniac with team-killing contract demands I really did want to see him play out this year. His line is bad, that was a poo poo play call, and that field looked like green spray painted shag carpet. But I've been watching him take his dropbacks with increasing risk for 10+ years and there was a very high chance of him getting hurt because of it. His margin of error with the Jets was incredibly slim. This wasn't a hard hit, just a freak injury due to a bad dice roll. You avoid this by not rolling the dice.

The NFLPA is once again pushing for grass, but I can't see that working because the owners are so cheap and petty their "grass" fields will turn into dog tracks.

Iirc the Jets/Giants dont actually have a choice because they're hosting the world cup in 2026 and that requires real grass

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How did Bryce Young look? I know apparently 5 10 is microscopic in NFL terms but I didn't see anything about him

:golfclap:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Febreeze posted:

who you got next week for cards v giants

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Diva Cupcake posted:

STATS

Trevor Lawrence had a great game by every metric, with his only turnover being deflected straight off the hands of a receiver, and yet he's bottom 5 in EPA? Fake stat

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinji2015 posted:

One of these days taking a Packers QB is gonna work out for the Jets

The Packers-Jets QB pipeline is far less interesting than the old 49ers-Chiefs one that ran for decades.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Febreeze posted:

If you watched the cinci game you wouldn’t be too shocked. Burrow had a bad day.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you watched the cinci game you wouldn’t be too shocked. Burrow had a bad day.

Yeah, the Bengals offense was one of those 'most putrid performances of the year' kind of games. Look at that first half.

And it's not like Watson was any good either! Took forever for the browns to do more then get some Chubb runs going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

Trevor Lawrence had a great game by every metric, with his only turnover being deflected straight off the hands of a receiver, and yet he's bottom 5 in EPA? Fake stat
I was going to look that up later so I'm glad to see someone else critical of his placement.