Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

drat you drinking a pitcher full of alien cum from Starfield, the epic new Bethesda RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i prefer the image in this op to the other. let it ride

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

elime anning posted:

kadarius toney had a catch for 1 yard, a run for -1 yard, plus 4 drops, one of which led to a pick six

not ideal for him.

https://twitter.com/benjaminsolak/status/1699988231717068832

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

hahahahaha the detroit lions bitch

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Andy's last play call is like what I do in Madden when I’m bored. 4th and 25 at my own 30 down by one with 2:10 left and 3 time outs? time for DA BOMB

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

indigi posted:

Andy's last play call is like what I do in Madden when I’m bored. 4th and 25 at my own 30 down by one with 2:10 left and 3 time outs? time for DA BOMB

He forgot that his big red cheat button labelled Kelce was broken.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

drat you drinking a pitcher full of alien cum from Starfield, the epic new Bethesda RPG.

Honolulu Blue Kool Aid baybeeeeeeee

well technically blue raspberry but same thing really

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

how did I just learn the chiefs' OC is Matt Nagy hahahaha what the gently caress

the chiefs are fuuuuuucked

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Honolulu Blue Kool Aid baybeeeeeeee

well technically blue raspberry but same thing really

I miss Hawaii. Haven't lived there since '86 but I miss it so.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, Mahomes made a few bad throws, but he wasn't the problem
Definitely not the problem, he played as well as usual, he just didn't *look* utterly unstoppable like he usually does. It makes me think there's an outside chance another AFC West team can win the division between now and 2035.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wonder if an all pro DT would have helped the chiefs there on that 3rd and 2

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Fate Accomplice posted:

how did I just learn the chiefs' OC is Matt Nagy hahahaha what the gently caress

This is probably what the Bears would have looked like if they drafted Mahomes.

Also Kansas Coty really thought they could roll out that receiving core and move the ball. How did they not sign someone halfway decent?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

A mystery for the ages, unanswerable by the wisest sages in the land.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Skyy Moore belongs in the USFL.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Niwrad posted:

Skyy Moore belongs in the USFL.

Kadarius Toney belongs on the Washington Generals.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Fate Accomplice posted:

What do you think Andy Reid's offensive coordinator even does?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah the Chiefs have had a gently caress of a time trying to find a receiver worth a drat. Not clear how many years Kelce has left.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Silly Burrito posted:

Kadarius Toney belongs on the Washington Generals.

The Generals at least had to pretend to be good for a little bit.

Toney played what I believe to be the worst game for a WR that I have seen in my life.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1699992601125155153?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

God drat I missed football

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://i.imgur.com/guscHip.gifv

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Good win for the Lions who are probably for real this year, but I wouldn't read too much into it for the Chiefs. That's exactly the kind of loss you'd expect a 13-4 team to have at some point during the season. Defense played well without its best player against a good offense, Mahomes played well, but receivers dropped everything. Toney had an abysmal game but even if all of his drops hit the ground, the Chiefs probably win. One of them just ended up being a flukey pick-six high-variance play that makes football so exciting. Reid had to be super tilted to go for it on 4th on 25.

Pretty sure the Chiefs looked similarly incompetent in the Indy game last year and ended up fine.

solarjetman posted:

Definitely not the problem, he played as well as usual, he just didn't *look* utterly unstoppable like he usually does. It makes me think there's an outside chance another AFC West team can win the division between now and 2035.

I mean, he would've looked unstoppable if he was throwing to guys who could catch balls that hit them in the hands.

Blind Pineapple fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 8, 2023

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Abugadu posted:

Toney played what I believe to be the worst game for a WR that I have seen in my life.

I have watched A LOT of bad lions football, and while I'm not saying there hasn't been worse games, it's the worst one I can remember by a player.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Blind Pineapple posted:

Good win for the Lions who are probably for real this year, but I wouldn't read too much into it for the Chiefs. That's exactly the kind of loss you'd expect a 13-4 team to have at some point during the season. Defense played well without its best player against a good offense, Mahomes played well, but receivers dropped everything. Toney had an abysmal game but even if all of his drops hit the ground, the Chiefs probably win. One of them just ended up being a flukey pick-six high-variance play that makes football so exciting. Reid had to be super tilted to go for it on 4th on 25.

Pretty sure the Chiefs looked similarly incompetent in the Indy game last year and ended up fine.

I mean in that same scenario if they start calling that tackle any point before the last drive on the pretty egregious bullshit, I'm not sure the chiefs win either.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Parallelwoody posted:

I have watched A LOT of bad lions football, and while I'm not saying there hasn't been worse games, it's the worst one I can remember by a player.

I don't really like dunking on someone too hard for having a bad game because it'll happen to everyone eventually. That said it was genuinely a horrifically poor performance, you've gotta pull a guy in that situation.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Abugadu posted:

A. J. Jenkins covets

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Kendall Hinton is available.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This guy is a dumbass.

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status/1699993667660918995?s=20

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
1-0 so far when I cheer for a team. We will see how Sunday goes ROSS

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Yeah he definitely got the Yips, should have just sat him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

1-0 so far when I cheer for a team. We will see how Sunday goes ROSS

Can't hear you, Locked In

stump collector
May 28, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Seems like my team should have paid my man

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Dollar Store Kylo Ren-lookin' motherfucker.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

J33uk posted:

I don't really like dunking on someone too hard for having a bad game because it'll happen to everyone eventually. That said it was genuinely a horrifically poor performance, you've gotta pull a guy in that situation.

It's a tough call for a coach, because 1. who are you going to put in there instead when your WR depth is trash, and 2. half his bad plays weren't fully his fault: the Lions were obviously watching for the jet sweep or shovel pass every time he came in motion, based on the fact that three of them were in the backfield ahead of him by the time he came around the corner, and the play design on the crossing route where the other WR is immediately in front of him when the ball is thrown from 12 feet away wasn't too hot.

But yeah I'd have yanked him after the pick six regardless.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm not gonna go too nuts over beating the Chiefs without two of their three best players and there's still plenty the Lions can clean up, but goddamn does it feel good to start the season with a win.

I feel bad for Toney. Dude goes from playing his rear end off in the Super Bowl to getting booed in the season opener.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Can't hear you, Locked In

Im so scared of the Chargers D Line I keep forgetting our defense has to face the WunderKid :mad:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Im so scared of the Chargers D Line I keep forgetting our defense has to face the WunderKid :mad:

It's ok I'm terrified of Waddle and Tyreek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

chiefs reminded me of those last couple of tom brady seasons in new england where they had dog and poo poo as their 1st and 2nd receivers. its not an insurmountable problem and even those lovely pats teams made the playoffs but good lord if that's not a case study into that argument of 'good qb helps bad receivers' vs 'good receivers help a bad qb'