Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I haven't seen an all time bad performance like Toney's tonight since Reche Caldwell cost the Patriots in the AFC Championship.

It's....impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brady's 2nd to last year in NE he had Gronk, Edelman, Chris Hogan, Josh Gordon and Philip Dorsett and Cordarelle Patterson, that was a deep useful bench of guys that they won the SB with

Then the next year Gronk retired, Edelman got hurt, Hogan left (and was cooked), Josh Gordon fell off the wagon, and Patterson left in FA. Yeah.... that was a problem. Then they traded for Mohammed Sanu who was good! for promptly 2 games before getting a high ankle sprain and was worthless the rest of the way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D-LINK posted:

Wtf was Andy doing going for it on 4th and 25 from his own 30? That's some Bill level hubris

I still don't mind this too terribly much even though it was very silly. Defense is going to have to make a stop either way, you're just trading the possibility of only needing a field goal for the possibility of needing a TD. Which is not nothing of course, but whatever, the game was kinda over I think we mostly knew. And the defense didn't get the stop anyway.

What I do care about is having a couple of 2nd and 1's and 2nd and 2's deep in Lions territory and ending up settling for field goals on 4th and 2ish both times. Seems like if you're going to go for it you might as well do it then. Especially the second one, you're already up 3 and another 3 doesn't salt the game away.

e: poo poo, this is actually not the worst idea I saw: On the long 4th down run back to the 9 yard line and take a knee. You are mostly guaranteed to get the ball back one way or the other (barring defensive penalties). The only way you lose the game outright is if the Lions score a TD and get a 2 pt conversion. I don't think we'll ever see this happen in a game but it's fun to think about.

Abugadu posted:

But yeah I'd have yanked him after the pick six regardless.

I don't know what you do with Toney if this keeps up. I mean he's getting open, he's got that going for him. And Mahomes will not not throw to an open receiver. It, uh...just yeah, whew. I don't know. Answer is he gets this figured out real quick or you sit him I guess.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 8, 2023

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/FanDuel/status/1699953173698404689?s=20

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1699988245868933553?s=20

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
grit

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
grit

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.vintagedetroit.com/product/detroit-lions-grit-39thirty-cap/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m really happy for Lions fans. maybe it's your year

can't wait to see the drop highlights, I was listening to it on the radio and even with them trying not to kill Toney it was obvious the guys were dumbfounded by his performance

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Sky Moore was released by the, checks notes, Colts. Not the team you want to poach wideouts from lol.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
He was drafted by the Chiefs

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I’m sorry I hosed with your notes, elephanthead. It’s also not true that aaron rodgers was drafted by the oilers.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Elephanthead posted:

Sky Moore was released by the, checks notes, Colts. Not the team you want to poach wideouts from lol.

Dunno where you got your notes from but he was drafted by the Chiefs. His college was the Western Michigan Broncos, so maybe the horse confused you.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
I really hope this is Skyy Moore's alternate universe double, and he's snuck into this dimension just to confuse ppl

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
There is also Sio Moore, another former Colts linebacker

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The NFL needs more Bob’s

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well well well football is BACK baby!

First and Foremost, congratulations to last nights winning team *checks notes* the Detroit Tigers!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Thanks magic.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Annoying that giants fans get to be smug about Toney now

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1700148058141384856

I need as many angles of these drops as possible

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

you gotta catch that but it wasn't a good throw tbf

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

indigi posted:

Agreed, it was a catchable, but inaccurate pass. If you make your receiver slam on the breaks and totally turn around to try to catch a ball then it's no longer an easy catch (his drop-6 was on the other hand a perfect pass). Mahomes was inaccurate a lot last night. Probably because Hutch had him running all night, a lesser QB would have eaten like 6 sacks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

indigi posted:

It looks to me like Toney kept slightly speeding up and slowing down (slightly leaning forward or not once he has taken a few steps when is on screen) so I dont think Mahomes knew where to put it because he couldnt tell if Toney was going to settle into the hole in the zone or try to catch and run.

edit: \/\/\/\/ agreed either way.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

It's a catch that every pro WR should be able to make

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lovely throw to a wide open runner but it still should have been caught imo.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if you get both hands on the ball it should be a catch, if you don't have to jump or lay out or even have a defender within 3 yards it has to be a catch

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1700157971802534307?s=20

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Kelce-less Chiefs are going to be funny to watch. When your most reliable pass catcher is MVS...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So the Chiefs probably had the record on uncalled penalties last night, right? I wonder if someone is going to go through each snap whe6 the RT was both lined up illegally and committed a false start, because it has to be almost every passing down

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Toney made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to be on the receiving end of anything

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Amazing way to start the season. Make it happen more.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Besides their 3 blue chip players and the IOL the Chiefs are largely a team of young unproven guys. These lads will improve as the season progresses.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Toney made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to be on the receiving end of anything

:thurman:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Yeah he looked really really good. Quick, agile, with some nice spin moves but still finishing really strong. He seemed bigger than 5'9 200

It wasn't just Toney either. You RARELY see such a disgraceful showing for a group of ball catchers in the NFL. Just one gently caress up after another

Pacheco also kind of sucks especially compared to how Montgomery and Gibbs were running

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

Pacheco also kind of sucks especially compared to how Montgomery and Gibbs were running

That run where Benito Jones caught him from behind and just grabbed him and fell down look hella painful. Big fat guy just mushing you into the ground.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Danny LaFever posted:

That run where Benito Jones caught him from behind and just grabbed him and fell down look hella painful. Big fat guy just mushing you into the ground.

True. And getting caught from behind by a 335 pound defensive tackle isn't a great look either

He dances way too much. Too much wasted motion and often doesn't hit the hole immediately as he should

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

:golfclap:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

They should cut him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Why does Toney insist on doing this insane Olenna Tyrell / Great Cornholio look