Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

redshirt posted:

I finished Vice City and it was and probably always will be the video game I was completely immersed with. Like planning out heists in my free time immersion.

to this day whenever Video Killed the Radio Star or Owner of a Lonely Heart comes on I flash back to hovering over the city in an Apache getting ready to missile everyone's faces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

redshirt posted:

I finished Vice City and it was and probably always will be the video game I was completely immersed with. Like planning out heists in my free time immersion.

Yeah, same. Vice City and San Andreas are a tag team GTA GOATS.

I played III after Vice City (when the latter was new) and I dunno, I just could never get into it. Still can’t.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Serious answer probably Skyrim because its one of the only games I've completed and then gone back to again and again.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
my serious answer is probably disco elysium

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

My favorite game is the Star Wars adventure point and click game they never made.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Probably ninja gaiden black

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

But for the official record my favorite game is Asteroids. I LOVE playing it, it's the zen/flow feeling thing, "A Groove". Basic and simple, you just blast asteroids and those stupid aliens.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

kntfkr posted:

my serious answer is probably disco elysium

Yeah its really really good

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Spyro 8: Spires of Spyrazinni. I know everyone says the series got stale after the shitshow that was Dragons of Dragonmore but 8 really nailed the movement with the new physics for the dragon flip and the parry mechanics gave it a proto-Soulslike feel that were a real breath of fresh air at the time. Plus the multiplayer FFA mode loving ruled even if it was local only.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ultima 7, both parts.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Mine was Dark Souls 1 since it was really fun getting good at that game for the first time and discovering all the secrets and interconnected areas.

Now it's probably BG3 since goddamn does the game go hard.

Sex Farm posted:

Probably ninja gaiden black

I should probably go back and play this, I was younger and shittier at games back then and I feel it making players 'get good' is why people love it. See: my love for Dark Souls and SIFU.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 8, 2023

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Ultimate Chicken Horse. Up to four player platformer where you start with an empty level and race to the end, but every run everyone gets one new building block or spike trap or whatever to place on the level.

Insanely fun, you constantly get to make level design decisions about what will be doable or not. Late in a level you frequently end up with incredibly difficult platforming challenges reading timings on 10 different moving parts and you feel amazing if you make it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Chrono Trigger is practically perfect in every way.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Every few years I play through Jet Set Radio again.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
spank the monkey

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Extra Large Marge posted:

Every few years I play through Jet Set Radio again.

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk just came out and is a pretty good take on JSR, probably worth grabbing it on sale. They paid the money to have the JSR guy do some of the music.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

sex excellence posted:

spank the monkey

Remember when that coffee guy smoked?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

gonna play some super monkey ball today

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sid Vicious posted:

gonna play some super monkey ball today

The levels have time limits because there are no air holes in the monkye balls

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

HITMAN: World of Assassination

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Blowjob Overtime posted:

HITMAN: World of Assassination

SHITMAN: World of rear end rear end Nation

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Sometimes I come back to Stardew Valley and before I know it I've lost hours in a day and played it for several weeks straight

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Hard to pick just one. Disco Elysium and Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee are top contenders tho. Also very into Torment: Tides of Numenera and the HBS Shadowrun games. I guess I like games that are book simulators lol :shrug:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Planescape: Torment or New Vegas, one of those two

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Atoramos posted:

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk just came out and is a pretty good take on JSR, probably worth grabbing it on sale. They paid the money to have the JSR guy do some of the music.

Woah, thank you for this information

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i have been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator from version 3.0 in 1988 until the present day version released in 2020. there were some years in the early 00's when i didnt play it so i skipped a version or two but there is definitely no video game i have played more or enjoyed more

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

rear end-penny posted:

Hard to pick just one. Disco Elysium and Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee are top contenders tho. Also very into Torment: Tides of Numenera and the HBS Shadowrun games. I guess I like games that are book simulators lol :shrug:

IS Tides of Numenera actually any good. I keep getting like three hours into it and stopping

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

rear end-penny posted:

i loved the odd world series

my favorite video game is the might and magic rpgs specifically 6-8. i replay them probably once every two years ive rebought them multiple times as well. the last time i bought em on gog because i needed their patch to make it play right. apprently pcs are to powerful for what ever trick they used to get the jump spell to work so in 7 you literally hit a spot where you cant progress because you have to use jump to cross a gap.

these are also mid / late 90s rpgs so expect the graphics to be charming but also pure rear end.

snergle fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 8, 2023

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

snergle posted:

i loved the odd world series

my favorite video game is the might and magic rpgs specifically 6-8. i replay them probably once every two years ive rebought them multiple times as well. the last time i bought em on gog because i needed their patch to make it play right. apprently pcs are to powerful for what ever trick they used to get the jump spell to work so in 7 you literally hit a spot where you cant progress because you have to use jump to cross a gap.

these are also mid / late 90s rpgs so expect the graphics to be charming but also pure rear end.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

oddworld abes exoddus has a dedicated fart button

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They drove that franchise into the toilet

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

life is a video game and our eyes are the video screen

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

life is a video game and our eyes are the video screen

This

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

i wonder how much time i spent on the good ones

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

IS Tides of Numenera actually any good. I keep getting like three hours into it and stopping

I liked it, obviously, but I'm dumb as gently caress. Have you actually gotten out of the Sagas Cliff area? That starting town is like, 35-40% of the game lmao but once you really start rolling along I think it's a interesting game. And the choices you make actually matter and change things at the end of the game, a feature sadly lacking in a lot of games that give you "dialogue choices." I played all the way through 4 or 5 times.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Marathon Infinity

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

SHITMAN: World of rear end rear end Nation

Remember, when you assassinate, you make an rear end out of I, Nate, and another rear end

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Codename: Farty-Seven

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Super Mario Bros. 3 because I REFUSE to think of another game.

Chumpy
Dec 28, 2008

Nap Ghost
Monster Hunter World, I live to stab lizards with my hanzo steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Chumpy posted:

Monster Hunter World, I live to stab lizards with my hanzo steel

That whole mainline series is so good. Anything that lets me smack dinosaurs and dragons with a big stick is an 11/10.
I like MHGU because you can play as a Palico.