Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Haverchuck posted:

I think I still have a Genesis in a box somewhere just to play toejam & earl

some people didn't like panic on funkatron, those people were idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

panic on funkatron was the zelda 2 of the series

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

and zelda 2 was good

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

ROTTK2 snes with house rules no Cao Cao

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Leper Go-getter posted:

World of warcraft baybeee post your time lost gamers I must have put 100 hours into putting dresses on my bearded dwarf

Please dont troll, no one has played world of Warcraft for that many hours

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

stab posted:

One pinnance and 7 merchantmen all day long son

Also pressing select every 3 seconds while at sea so the day never changes and you can go from one end of the Carribean to the other in 1 day

I got the PC release on steam a while back and they added a dancing minigame to it, lol.

Was this something people really wanted in their sword fighting, ship to ship combat, plundering pirate game?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
ssx Tricky

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Honestly probably Shadowrun for the Sega Genesis. I could play the hacking minigame for basically ever and you could just keep doing it over and over again because it was totally random.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Honestly probably Shadowrun for the Sega Genesis. I could play the hacking minigame for basically ever and you could just keep doing it over and over again because it was totally random.

shadowrun genesis is one of the best cyberpunk games ever

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

cannon fodder (Amiga version) and rocket league

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Ssx tricky is awesome.
But also reminded me I owned 2003 play tv ssx snowboarder and it sucked.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
Jagged Alliance 2

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Dick Fontaine posted:

a thread full of cowards. a whole lotta opinions but very few stats. let’s see those numbers goons. let’s see that truth laid bare all honest like. what’s #1 when you hit “sort by time played” on your library?

I literally have thousands of hours logged in Left for Dead 2.

I blame all the fantastic rear end in a top hat goons that made playing it so goddamn fun.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

ooh thats a good one

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Oh man that was a blast from the past. Too bad the new one didnt take off.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

mega man x

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

that's a good choice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTmQ56Rtzqc

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wifi Toilet posted:

I got the PC release on steam a while back and they added a dancing minigame to it, lol.

Was this something people really wanted in their sword fighting, ship to ship combat, plundering pirate game?

Yes

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

if there was any market for it you could call yourself a master at Binding of Issiac

I have trained at least one friend (at their request).

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Das Boo posted:

I am a big ol' RPG nerd with probably bad taste, but I likes what I likes. Top three is best I can narrow it to.

Tales of the Abyss is a JRPG and I love it to death. It's one of two games where I beat the final boss only to discover no, you fool, this is just the halfway point. Blew my mind as a teenager and I was so excited to have the world open up out of nowhere.

Disgaea is a SRPG that I got for Christmas when I was 15. Turn-based is my jam, I love the reincarnation system, everything is cute as hell, and the humor is goofy and genre-aware. Character artist Takehito Harada also had a huge influence on how I color things!

And then Dragon Age: Origins. I love everything about it, even where it's clunky. I didn't realize how much info I retained from it until I was helping my sister run her war board in DA:I based on all the politics, religion, and history I learned in Origins. The world's just neat as hell and I like being there.

hell yeah i love disgaea and all of its weird related games too like the roguelike where you can customize a super sentai hero basically

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Microsoft Excel

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

The Hello Machine posted:

Microsoft Excel

Somebody plug this thread into it kthx

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Blowjob Overtime posted:

HITMAN: World of Assassination

Probably this.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Revins posted:

I think where Thedas suffers in terms of worldbuild is its just... like too dark. there is very little levity, everything is deadly serious except for the comic relief provided by your characters quips and stuff. there's nothing included to be like outright whimsical or joyous like the shire to contrast all the suffering going on. still an awesome game but I just think that lack of contrast in tone makes the world kind of unmemorable

This is part of why I didn't like Pillars of Eternity 1, amongst other reasons. It misread the tone of BG1/2 as being grimdark instead of _having_ dark elements, but not being actually grim at all. That or it was written by edgelords who just wanted to make it dark for its own sake, I guess.

This combined with the absurd mechanical complexity to "fix" classical isometric game problems like party death and overly preparing for fights are all reasons I greatly dislike that game. The second one is much better in all ways, but still ultimately a pale shadow of what it's meant to be building off. It's like those games were made as a fans wish-list for Baldurs Gate 3 but every element is just super shallow. Like you get a fortress to upgrade but doing so means nothing, I know because I 100%ed that specific part and it felt vain and hollow and meant nothing.

I've beaten both, twice, and I cannot name a single character from them. I do remember how the first one opens up with you walking up to corpses hanging from a tree though.

BG3 understood the correct tone to use and god I love it. So fuckin' happy with it, but I do still miss the overworld map world design and I legitimately think it's better for a feeling of scale and adventure than an open map for this type of game.

SRQ fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 10, 2023

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Wifi Toilet posted:

it appears to have busty wenches so my interest is piqued

zone
Dec 6, 2016

SRQ posted:

This is part of why I didn't like Pillars of Eternity 1, amongst other reasons. It misread the tone of BG1/2 as being grimdark instead of _having_ dark elements, but not being actually grim at all. That or it was written by edgelords who just wanted to make it dark for its own sake, I guess.

This combined with the absurd mechanical complexity to "fix" classical isometric game problems like party death and overly preparing for fights are all reasons I greatly dislike that game. The second one is much better in all ways, but still ultimately a pale shadow of what it's meant to be building off. It's like those games were made as a fans wish-list for Baldurs Gate 3 but every element is just super shallow. Like you get a fortress to upgrade but doing so means nothing, I know because I 100%ed that specific part and it felt vain and hollow and meant nothing.

I've beaten both, twice, and I cannot name a single character from them. I do remember how the first one opens up with you walking up to corpses hanging from a tree though.

BG3 understood the correct tone to use and god I love it. So fuckin' happy with it, but I do still miss the overworld map world design and I legitimately think it's better for a feeling of scale and adventure than an open map for this type of game.

Let's be fair though, some of the base concepts they had were *really* good. I especially loved Animancy, among other things.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

some people didn't like panic on funkatron, those people were idiots

I can sort of see why.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

SRQ posted:

PoE was right to ignore the achingly unfunny poo poo in the BG games. BG3 went right back to being unfunny but somehow also missed the mood and atmosphere of the first two titles, opting instead for that trademark Larian blandness. The Planar Sphere in BG2 is an hour long dungeon with more ambiance than the entirety of BG3.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Dune 2

Benoit
Jun 26, 2006

FLY NAVY
I spent a lot of time playing SSX Tricky in GameCube back in the day. For the record, I’ve never actually snowboarded in person.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Ugh. Impossible! So many.

Sekiro.

Barry Scott
Jan 2, 2009
I spent an inhuman amount of time playing Dynasty Warriors 3 as a kid. The ultimate combination of so terrible it's good voice acting and an incredible butt rock soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOmbzUE6UAY

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Benoit posted:

I spent a lot of time playing SSX Tricky in GameCube back in the day. For the record, I’ve never actually snowboarded in person.

I am an expert level snowboarder who could have competed and I loving loved these games

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
The nightclub manager minigame from Yakuza 0

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Das Boo posted:

Disgaea is a SRPG that I got for Christmas when I was 15. Turn-based is my jam, I love the reincarnation system, everything is cute as hell, and the humor is goofy and genre-aware. Character artist Takehito Harada also had a huge influence on how I color things!

This is another one I come back and play every few years. They really nailed it with the battle system, setting, and characters, I really like the goofball Buck Rodgers-type guy.

It also strongly encourages you to find ways to break/manipulate the game's battle system, which I think is key for any video game RPG endgame.

I could never get into the sequels though.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Wifi Toilet posted:

NES Pirates!

I played a ton of this when I was a kid. Hunt down the Pirates! Gold rom for the SEGA Genesis if you want an even better experience.

I really liked the "do a bunch of stuff in game, here's how good or awful your retirement is afterward based on what you accomplished" thing that Pirates! did.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I played a ton of this when I was a kid. Hunt down the Pirates! Gold rom for the SEGA Genesis if you want an even better experience.

I really liked the "do a bunch of stuff in game, here's how good or awful your retirement is afterward based on what you accomplished" thing that Pirates! did.

100/100 kings advisor by the time im 23 whats up

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

The Moon Monster posted:

Realmz, with a Z

That is a name I haven't heard in a while. I made so many scenarios or whatever they were called.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Barry Scott posted:

I spent an inhuman amount of time playing Dynasty Warriors 3 as a kid. The ultimate combination of so terrible it's good voice acting and an incredible butt rock soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOmbzUE6UAY

feel the power...OF MY MAAAAAAGIIIICCCC!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
witcher 3 is insanely good, I like so many things about it

but legally i have to answer marvel heroes