Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you want Sean Strickland to win?
This poll is closed.
No 8 42.11%
This button automatically e-mails your home address to the FBI 11 57.89%
Total: 19 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Brut posted:

Ok yeah I don't wanna see Blood Diamond fight anymore

Oh hey it turns out I don't wanna see this guy either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

you know normally I'd say that's an incredibly fast way to burn a bridge but honestly I don't think the UFC cares anymore

Someone still seems to care, I'm pretty sure there was someone in DC's ear that was like "cut the interview right now", but actually as I'm typing this I realize what time it is so maybe they just ran out of time.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I have to imagine that just out and out slurs like that aren't going to fly

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Laura is such an upgrade to most of the commentators

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

COPE 27 posted:

Laura is such an upgrade to most of the commentators

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

so funny story:
https://twitter.com/tyronemartian/status/1700660350209716570
I went to check and there is absolutely a video on fight pass for Brian Radtke vs Shawn Sullivan where what looks an awful lot like Charlie Radtke keeps punching a dude while actively yanking his arm out away from the ref's grip to do it.

Imagine having to fight under a completely different name to get away from your own idiot behavior and you make it to the UFC and the first thing you do is drop homophobic slurs on an international broadcast.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

so funny story:
https://twitter.com/tyronemartian/status/1700660350209716570
I went to check and there is absolutely a video on fight pass for Brian Radtke vs Shawn Sullivan where what looks an awful lot like Charlie Radtke keeps punching a dude while actively yanking his arm out away from the ref's grip to do it.

Imagine having to fight under a completely different name to get away from your own idiot behavior and you make it to the UFC and the first thing you do is drop homophobic slurs on an international broadcast.

Not that I'm in a hurry to defend him but is it definitely the same guy? My main reason for being unsure is that Tapology lists both of them as fighting different opponents on XFO 46, would be extra weird if he just fought twice in one night under two different names.

Edit: Though I guess Sullivan doesn't show up on either one of their records, so maybe both guys actually exist but this was still Charles fighting under Brian's name.I'd check it out myself but fightpass doesn't let you load up more than one thing at a time and I'm watching these prelims on there so :shrug:.

Brut fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 10, 2023

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

This fight rules

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
who's gonna win here, leg or chin?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

chaleski posted:

This fight rules

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
that was sick

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

Not that I'm in a hurry to defend him but is it definitely the same guy? My main reason for being unsure is that Tapology lists both of them as fighting different opponents on XFO 46, would be extra weird if he just fought twice in one night under two different names.

Boy, this gets loving weird. So here's the guy in the aforementioned fight and Charlie Radtke's current tapology picture:

But there IS a Brian Radtke, except a) he's not credited with that fight, and b) he looks like this:

Except the first fight took place before the second, but the arm tattoo is there but isn't for his maybe-brother. So it sounds like this isn't 'fight got covered up' as much as 'MMA databases got confused,' but it DOES look like Charlie who did the egregious assaulting?

Also that fight ruled and I'm dumb for doing this while it was on.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Also that fight ruled and I'm dumb for doing this while it was on.

(see my edit above and) Yeah my bad for inducing that.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

daniel cormier's doesn't know poo poo about what to do if a bear attacks.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Holy poo poo this dude's on loving Twitter in the middle of this card https://twitter.com/dc_mma/status/1700672911454114296

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

and Sanko is listening to the corner and translating their advice for us.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

All aboard the No Mullarkey Express

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Brut posted:

Holy poo poo this dude's on loving Twitter in the middle of this card https://twitter.com/dc_mma/status/1700672911454114296

earlier he was talking about messages his cousin or someone was sending him

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

earlier he was talking about messages his cousin or someone was sending him

I would say take DC's phone away but actually, take the whole DC away.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I can never get mad at DC he always sounds like he's enjoying himself so much.

e] that fight also was sick, hopefully Makdessi gets it

e] come onnnnn!

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

UFC is such a joke now.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

AAAAAAAAAH

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
oof, yuck

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

i am pleading with mixed martial arts not to post off the arm

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
ow gently caress! I didn't even see that at first, I thought he'd faceplanted and gone out. Yuck

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I get that some of it is trying to be sensitive to an injured fighter, but the way the commentators treat all injuries as freak accidents rankles me. "I know this isn't how you wanted to win" you know what, gently caress you, I did a regular technique that put me at no risk whatsoever and it broke my opponent's poo poo, and the optimal scenario is I was going to give him a violent loving concussion anyway so this might actually be long-term better. This is if anything the ideal way for me to win.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

I get that some of it is trying to be sensitive to an injured fighter, but the way the commentators treat all injuries as freak accidents rankles me. "I know this isn't how you wanted to win" you know what, gently caress you, I did a regular technique that put me at no risk whatsoever and it broke my opponent's poo poo, and the optimal scenario is I was going to give him a violent loving concussion anyway so this might actually be long-term better. This is if anything the ideal way for me to win.

Yeah it's kinda weird, maybe understandable in situations where the opponent just took a weird step and their ankle broke or something, but this wasn't really that kind of situation.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Thought it was over for a second there

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i wish i knew korean because Jung's cornerman is going nuts

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Cutting him up with just jabs.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Holy poo poo DC shut the gently caress up

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CarlCX posted:

I mean it's just "you hate to see it" for mma

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Ulbergs defence still sucks as soon as he gets under any pressure

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

just tuned back in and herb dean was walking up from the crowd(??) and the guy who lost has 10 people working on him, and then buffer said something about a review? what happened?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

lmao @ calling out a dude on a 4 fight loss streak

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

just tuned back in and herb dean was walking up from the crowd(??) and the guy who lost has 10 people working on him, and then buffer said something about a review? what happened?

Dude tapped to RNC with like 11 seconds left but it was a tiny tap on the mat between his body and the cage so Herb didn't see it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Did they just say Sydney was Australia's capital city?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The UFC billing Sean Strickland as "the outspoken American" is so incredibly damning of the sport and this country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CarlCX posted:

The UFC billing Sean Strickland as "the outspoken American" is so incredibly damning of the sport and this country.

They can’t actually bill him negatively tbf.