Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you want Sean Strickland to win?
This poll is closed.
No 8 42.11%
This button automatically e-mails your home address to the FBI 11 57.89%
Total: 19 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
hell yes, made it in time for the Tai fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

chopping down the leg to reduce Volkov's mobility is a great plan, constantly eating shots from the guy while chopping that leg...not so much

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fentry posted:

I really dislike having to root for Adesanya

:same:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

FishBowlRobot posted:

Does Strickland always look so “dead man walking”?

Try walking into a punchsport-match against Izzy with only trash-talk in your toolbox

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My heart skipped about seventeen beats

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Goofballs posted:

feels like fun is over

as long as the "reformed Neo-Nazi" doesn't win, it's a net-good in my book

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

This is far from the beatdown I was promised

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

this is very frustrating to watch

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

lol DC saying it could be 3-1 or 1-3

haha, Anik even called him out on it

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Easy 4-1 unfortunately

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'd like to see the over/under for slurs strickland screamed at Izzy in those last 30 seconds

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

lol a guy bet 220,000 bucks on Izzy

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Lid posted:

please come watch sumo, ufc is dead

let us know where, I need a cleanser after seeing a lovely human being win

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

sleep with the vicious posted:

How hard is he fighting himself right now not to say the f slur

probably not hard after being allowed to throw so many right hands

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

"former" as in "he realized self-identifying as a neo-Nazi was bad for his future", so he graduated from actual hate-crimes to just being racist, homophobic, and transphobic without calling himself a neo-nazi in tyool 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

CarlCX posted:

I don't think Strickland is a nazi. Homophobe, transphobe, misogynist, general bigot shithead, 100%. But he does seem to have at least turned away from being literally a nazi. Give him the smallest bar to clear.

Constipated posted:

As someone who grew up in a racist family, and still has to deal with said family and community, I can totally relate to Sean's early life. I don't think Seans racist now from what I've seen of him and his team. The other stuff.. Yeahhh idk. But I was also basically raised to be a racist homophobe, and it took me until about 14 to mature enough to realize how hosed up my family was and shed my prejudices. I have a mixed race son now, and working on another with a West African 2nd generation immigrant. I don't want to defend anything else about Sean. Except that I think he's good and has always been good despite his narrow gameplan, and I was rooting on him to win for chaos/resentment of Izzy for wasting my PPV money on his all of his most boring fights lol.

I haven't even looked into his comments during his professional career, I've literally only read and heard comments from him during the build-up for UFC 293, and I could checkmark every single item that Carl lists.
If a self-confessed former neo-Nazi graduates from actual, physical hate-crimes to "just open hate-speech", there's no reason to - under any circumstance - hand it to him or believes his re-branding away from neo-Nazi was a) genuine or b) for anything outside of self-serving purposes.

Basically, this:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He walks, quacks, flies, looks like a duck, but he may no longer eat bread in a park so he might not be a duck.

I'm not making GBS threads on Strickland because he beat Izzy. Hell, I hate rooting for Izzy, and there's no Strickland's performance today, but man's a racist Menschenfeind.