Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you want Sean Strickland to win?
This poll is closed.
No 8 42.11%
This button automatically e-mails your home address to the FBI 11 57.89%
Total: 19 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CarlCX posted:

I get that some of it is trying to be sensitive to an injured fighter, but the way the commentators treat all injuries as freak accidents rankles me. "I know this isn't how you wanted to win" you know what, gently caress you, I did a regular technique that put me at no risk whatsoever and it broke my opponent's poo poo, and the optimal scenario is I was going to give him a violent loving concussion anyway so this might actually be long-term better. This is if anything the ideal way for me to win.

I mean it's just "you hate to see it" for mma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

just tuned back in and herb dean was walking up from the crowd(??) and the guy who lost has 10 people working on him, and then buffer said something about a review? what happened?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

that's the best mustache i've ever seen and he sent that dude back in time

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

crepeface posted:

is it just me or do these guys look big for flyweight?

good fight tho

Year dude i had it on in the back when it started and I didn't realize it was flyweight til i read it at the vigil of the screen like 3min in lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm crackin up at the way Laura moans (I don't mean this in a sexual way, just don't have a better word for it) in disbelief when there's some nasty hits the exact same way Jon Anik does lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This fight fucks

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Easy fotn finalist

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

OMG

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sean Strickland in his post-fight speech, not to be outdone,

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

At least this time dc was instant with the

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oh poo poo we already on the comain? This flew by

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Just stand up.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Congratulations to us all for the winner not dropping another slur

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'll never forget the night strickland did his whole I'm a psychopath, I love violence and killing bit then threw wimpy little jabs for 25min. Or when pereira killed him in the first round. He should be promptly vanquished but then again this sport is desperately, brutally stupid

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 10, 2023

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bob

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't like it when champs don't wear black, mods?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ugh

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Just lmao

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i do not appreciate how close this is

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

this is very frustrating to watch

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

this is the lamest poo poo i've seen in a long time

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Why do I watch this dumb loving sport, i could peacefully just taze my own balls

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Turned it off, don't wanna see this turd's crowning

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

Adesanya is also an incredible unlikeable person so I’m not really even phased by this.
a literal neo nazi just won- i am phased.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I am going to become the joker

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The f slurs powered him up

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Goofballs posted:

I'm afraid to ask but how is Strickland a nazi? I havent followed him much, just seen some moron quotes that put him in the Paulo Costa box for me
self-admitted former neo nazi

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/9047470/ufc-293-israel-adesanya-sean-strickland-neo-nazi/

https://www.foxsports.com.au/ufc/bu...da8393c68b80fc2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"former" as in "he realized self-identifying as a neo-Nazi was bad for his future", so he graduated from actual hate-crimes to just being racist, homophobic, and transphobic without calling himself a neo-nazi in tyool 2023

yep