Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

are you speaking to me in code or something

at least pencilhands Attends to his threads, Wizard Master just revived a thread he neglected for two years! It's a good Assurance that he cares, and we can Depend on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

at least pencilhands Attends to his threads, Wizard Master just revived a thread he neglected for two years! It's a good Assurance that he cares, and we can Depend on him.

?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
the real argument is fries or not.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

i usually ask for double rice but no beans. beans destroy my guts.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Rice blows
It's one of the worst foods and is always, always just filler for other things to flavor, like burrito fixins

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Rely on OP to be a Dependable jokester, Always Discreet

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

olylifter posted:

there used to be a place in toronto that did burritos with chow mein instead of rice and it was great. then they closed because toronto sucks.

while we're at it, you're on thin ice pasta

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

here's my burrito / taco hot take: Cabbage is better than lettuce. it can handle a little heat from warm fillings without wilting, so it has so much better of a crunch

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

As a vegetarian I am truly torn by this thread. On the one hand, I realize rice is just a cheap filler that saves the burrito guys from using more substantive ingredients. On the other hand as a vegetarian, is that beans? Tofu? Might as well be rice I figure.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
please do not put ricin in your burrito

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

rice in burritos ftmfw imo

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Private Cumshoe posted:

please do not put ricin in your burrito

you ain't my daddy

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

redshirt posted:

As a vegetarian I am truly torn by this thread. On the one hand, I realize rice is just a cheap filler that saves the burrito guys from using more substantive ingredients. On the other hand as a vegetarian, is that beans? Tofu? Might as well be rice I figure.

i would take rice over tofu any day of the week. at least rice has a little bit of texture to it. they both do the same job, but rice does it cheaper and better.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Aishlinn posted:

i would take rice over tofu any day of the week. at least rice has a little bit of texture to it. they both do the same job, but rice does it cheaper and better.

I just want more cheese IMO.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Aishlinn posted:

here's my burrito / taco hot take: Cabbage is better than lettuce. it can handle a little heat from warm fillings without wilting, so it has so much better of a crunch

where are they putting cabbage in burritos

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I don't like rice in my burrito. Fries are okay if they're cooked properly. Otherwise just beans will do as a base. Thanks for asking OP! :tipshat:

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

MrQwerty posted:

where are they putting cabbage in burritos

nowhere i've ever been, i just do that when i make them at home.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fries in burritos is a normal thing??

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

more fiber always = more better

especially so i can avoid causing situations like this

pencilhands posted:

instead of shoplifting what I like to do is wait until I have a really massive poo poo brewing inside me, my shits are also insanely rock hard because I abuse opiates, and just unload that motherfucker in their bathroom and not flush, I doubt they can even get rid of them with a plunger, they probably have to like pick it up and throw it away

gently caress capitalism

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

tbh I go kid style with just meat beans and cheese, if i'm eating trash i might as well just eat pure waste

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

Twisters puts curly fries on top and smothers them in cheese and red & green chile and it's drat good

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

redshirt posted:

California burrito = fries and guac as standard (yum!)

Mission burrito = mouthfuls of rice (yuck!!!)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

redshirt posted:

Potatoes are a common ingredient on breakfast burritos.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

my stancr, is that the debate is mega rear end! i dont give a drat about a/the burrito, eat it or dont!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Chief McHeath posted:

my stancr, is that the debate is mega rear end! i dont give a drat about a/the burrito, eat it or dont!

There's no centrism allowed, you have to picked sides and tell the other one that they're wrong.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

the debat

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

:siren::rudy::siren:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Potatoes are way better filling than rice

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Give me a cheese and beans and rice burrito.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Smugworth posted:

Potatoes are way better filling than rice

Depends, sometimes you feel Tranquility with the taters, but rice is Always Discreet

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Nice, I see another J-7/11 connoisseur is in the thread

:hai:

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

isn't that how covid got started

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Just like

eat what you think is good

Put pineapple on your pizza

Nobody cares man

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I'm for rice in burritos, but not for mice in burritos.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Yo soy Chicano, holmes and no, we don’t put rice in our burros.

That being said, put whatever the hell tickles your fancy in a burro; I don’t care. Put Jolly Ranchers and Vegemite and pineapple chunks and ranch dressing and rice in that poo poo if it’s what you crave :shrug:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I just load that burrito up with Sushi.

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Taste fine to me.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

You Are A Elf posted:

Yo soy Chicano, holmes and no, we don’t put rice in our burros.

I emphatically assure you that isn't a universally true statement, considering a burrito joint down the street from my house

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 11, 2023

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
I prefer burritos that have rice in them (specifically, to burritos that do not have rice in them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

MrQwerty posted:

I emphatically assure you that isn't a universally true statement, considering a burrito joint differen the street from my house

It’s more of a newer generation gentrification of food than what I usually see. Rice isn’t common in burros, nor are black beans in stuff like tacos in Mexican food.

But for what it’s worth, I’m in southern Arizona and we share our food roots with Sonora, Mexico. Californian, New Mexican and/or Tex-Mex cuisine can and will differ. Corn tortillas with menudo??? What sorcery is this???