Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Yeah up north tons of places put rice in their burritos which has led me to think it's kind of weird not to have rice in your burrito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Sophy Wackles posted:

I like kraft singles, ketchup and hotdogs in my burrito.

i like rice in my hotdog.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

time to really kick the hornet's nest.

...I think that lengua is the best meat option, if it's available. it's super tender, and so incredibly beefy tasting.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I like lengua in tacos more than burritos

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

TacoTime puts rice in their veggie burrito and they are pretty good. They also but sunflower seeds in it too.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Aishlinn posted:

time to really kick the hornet's nest.

...I think that lengua is the best meat option, if it's available. it's super tender, and so incredibly beefy tasting.

And if you’re having trouble finding lengua, cheek meat is a similar option. Fuckin’ incredible :kiss:

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

I'll happily eat it in whatever form it's handed to me, though yeah, tacos are more traditional. Lengua tacos own so hard.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

You Are A Elf posted:

And if you’re having trouble finding lengua, cheek meat is a similar option. Fuckin’ incredible :kiss:

i'm blessed to be in a triangle of good mexican food, there's an excellent mexican place in nearly every direction from where i live. last time i went to one of them i had the big ol plate of lengua tacos and it was so good.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

drat, now I want lengua tacos.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I don’t mind rice in my burritos if it’s good, properly seasoned tasty rice. Too many places make lousy rice, keep that poo poo out of my burrito.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Rice is a fajita thing, not a burrito thing. It doesn't ruin a burrito but it makes it worse than it would be without rice.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

where are they putting cabbage in burritos

right here motherfucker

https://www.barrioqueen.com/

Actually only in the tacos but still :yum:

e: pretty much every burrito place in az uses cabbage though

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 11, 2023

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

pencilhands posted:

According to burrito purists, putting rice in a burrito is a big no no. Frankly I think it’s a bit ridiculous as pretty much every mexican place offers rice, and it’s a good way to stretch your dollar if you’re eating on a budget and making burritos at home.

What say you, goons?

it’s bad and bulks up the ‘rito with bland starch

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Tacos were invented when someone went to make a burrito but was like "poo poo, this tortilla is way too small. gently caress it, fold it over and call it good!"

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Yes, brown rice if bulking. Delicious, but will likely avoid the calories when trying to lose weight.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Theres a Tex Mex place run by east Indians in my Australian suburb and they use short grain rice out of a rice cooker that they don't really know how to operate.

Its a gluggy mess. But to add texture they crush up yesterday's stale tortilla chips that add a nice stale crunch and also possibly cut your mouth open.

Its very very bad and they have 1.5 out of 5 stars on Google reviews lol I hope it catches fire.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chief McHeath posted:

the deburrit

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Theres a Tex Mex place run by east Indians in my Australian suburb and they use short grain rice out of a rice cooker that they don't really know how to operate.

Its a gluggy mess. But to add texture they crush up yesterday's stale tortilla chips that add a nice stale crunch and also possibly cut your mouth open.

Its very very bad and they have 1.5 out of 5 stars on Google reviews lol I hope it catches fire.

Lol I went to this Mexican place in Scotland and it was like they had only read about Mexican food on the internet.

I also was constantly surprised at how poor the pizza was in Australia.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

redshirt posted:

Lol I went to this Mexican place in Scotland and it was like they had only read about Mexican food on the internet.

I also was constantly surprised at how poor the pizza was in Australia.

As an Australian I am not gonna defend the pizza here. You want a lot of fast, cheap food? Sure, get dominos or something, gently caress it. But I don't think I've ever had a pizza here and gone "holy poo poo this is good" like I have with pretty much every other type of food. We just don't seem to care about it tbh.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

As an Australian I am not gonna defend the pizza here. You want a lot of fast, cheap food? Sure, get dominos or something, gently caress it. But I don't think I've ever had a pizza here and gone "holy poo poo this is good" like I have with pretty much every other type of food. We just don't seem to care about it tbh.

My business idea that I am too lazy to do anything about was to import the "House of Pizza" style pizza/store in Australia, and then become a pizza millionaire.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
rice in burrito is gross, i dont know how anyone enjoys eating a loving rice wrap

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

syntaxfunction posted:

depressing

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

cumpantry posted:

rice in burrito is gross, i dont know how anyone enjoys eating a loving rice wrap

Now you do

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ll eat anything wrapped in a tortilla

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

one time I got a relleno burrito that was just a relleno wrapped in a tortilla and I was kinda pissed, but I still ate it and it was good!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

A modern twist on the "popcorn trick"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Slice of pizza in a loaded tortilla

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Dokapon Findom posted:

Mission burrito = mouthfuls of rice (yuck!!!)

:wrong:

Rice belongs in a burrito. Fries are good. Beans are negotiable.

Lettuce and tomato should never bw in a burrito. :colbert:

Cabbage is potentially acceptable if its a fish burrito

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Burritos were invented in the US so who gives a gently caress?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

The X-man cometh posted:

Burritos were invented in the US so who gives a gently caress?

Who gives a gently caress anyway?

If you're trying to make a historically accurate dish for some cultural showcase event sure, but if you're cooking to eat good food go nuts

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I say we welcome all burritos.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I was under the assumption we were talking about decent-to-good spanish rice here, plain white or brown rice doesn't belong in a burrito at all and that's gross

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
obligatory post itt since i think ive made the same thread twice now

gently caress rice in burritos. gently caress it!!!!!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

AARD VARKMAN posted:

obligatory post itt since i think ive made the same thread twice now

gently caress rice in burritos. gently caress it!!!!!

Welcome to the Republican party Moe's

Vulpine Complex
Apr 13, 2007

It's fine I guess. Sometimes you want some cilantro-y rice, sometimes you don't and that's the beauty of a burrito place: it's all about you, baby!!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

pencilhands posted:

you CANNOT put beans in chili according to chili purists

a chili's purity is measured by amount of beans and not a lack of them

beanless chili is a food crime

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

pencilhands posted:

you CANNOT put beans in chili according to chili purists

Food purists are always wrong, because they are always trying to define a very specific version of a recipe from a very specific area and time period as "the real version" of a widespread dish that has been made in many different ways in different places.

The "real version" pushed this way is never, ever the most widespread one, and never the oldest one, either. It is entirely arbitrary.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Chili not having beans is legitimately one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of in my life. I don't think I could be friends with someone who believed this.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Cincinnati chili doesn't have beans and it's disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Regardless of authenticity, chili needs beans to be good