Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Rice in a burrito is more acceptable than beans in chili. Neither issue is worthy of the consternation they generate in online spaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Chili should have beans but bean skins make me sick so I'm okay with beanfree chili

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
A serious burrito purist would have to be the biggest dork in the universe

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Rice me up buddy

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Chili should have beans but bean skins make me sick so I'm okay with beanfree chili

Wait what

Are you allergic to them?

I've never heard of someone who can eat beans but skin free

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I don't eat them skin-free I just eat the skins that make me sick. I forget the name of the condition but beans and onions both make me puke up bile the next day if I eat too many of them and there will be a bunch of lil empty bean-skin sacks in the puke

edit: it's Fructose malabsorption and it affects up to 40% of the population in Western countries!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 11, 2023

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Thank goodness fructose is so uncommonly added to western food

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I don't eat them skin-free I just eat the skins that make me sick. I forget the name of the condition but beans and onions both make me puke up bile the next day if I eat too many of them and there will be a bunch of lil empty bean-skin sacks in the puke

edit: it's Fructose malabsorption and it affects up to 40% of the population in Western countries!

Wtf I learned something today :stare:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Dokapon Findom posted:

Thank goodness fructose is so uncommonly added to western food

It's actually kind of weird, because High Fructose Corn Syrup counterintuitively has proportionally less fructose than things like honey or agave nectar and can be easier on Fructose malabsorption because it's roughly 50/50 fructose and glucose, and glucose can help the absorption of fructose. Agave nectar in particular is like 5x as much fructose as glucose. Regular sugar is exactly 50/50 fructose/glucose but it has (slightly) more of both of those things than HFCS.

Either way it's still adding a bunch of unnecessary fructose to our diets though, things don't need to be this sweet.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 11, 2023

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Either way it's still adding a bunch of unnecessary fructose to our diets though, things don't need to be this sweet.

Sounds like commie talk there COMRADE :ussr:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
rice is fine, but only in moderation or if you're trying to stretch a budget and for some reason want to do that instead of more beans

makes the cheese texture pretty different from no rice

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The more that I think about it, the more I am for it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Folks we got a stone cold freak on our hands, get em

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

lil empty bean-skin sacks lmao

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

What, you've never tossed the ol beanskin around with your buds?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
boneless skinless beans are too expensive, it's way cheaper to buy the other kind and do it yourself

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Who has time to skin beans???

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

redshirt posted:

Who has time to skin beans???

not me! thats why ill eat the beans then i puke up

the lil empty bean-skin sacks

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

not being able to stomach bean skins sounds like a very advanced mutation of the Midwestern Palate Gene

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

redshirt posted:

Who has time to bone beans???

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Just tryna bone ain’t tryna have no beans

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

This thread making me hungry. I'm going to go get an al pastor burrito tomorrow.

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

as a result of so many disqualifying ingredients, it turns out the only authentic burrito is the taco bell cheesy roll up

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

redshirt posted:

Lol I went to this Mexican place in Scotland and it was like they had only read about Mexican food on the internet.

I also was constantly surprised at how poor the pizza was in Australia.

you can get good za in the italian parts of melbourne

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You add rice to a burrito so you can make more burritos for less money. So if you're making burritos at home, rice in the burrito. If you're buying from the taco truck, they are loving you by putting rice in the burrito instead of more meat.

Hope that helps.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I add brown basmati rice to the chili con carne as it's cooking so that it absorbs the juices and flavours of the chili while it's cooking rather than just being cooked in water, and also makes the resulting chili less sloppy so you don't need to use as much cornflour slurry to get the consistency right.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

After thinking about it, I'm for it. But a reasonable amount of rice. Like a scoop.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Its filler but its better then fries

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Breetai posted:

I add brown basmati rice to the chili con carne as it's cooking so that it absorbs the juices and flavours of the chili while it's cooking rather than just being cooked in water, and also makes the resulting chili less sloppy so you don't need to use as much cornflour slurry to get the consistency right.

This is bait

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
id rather eat carbs in my carb wrap than suffer another bowl of bean infested chili. yuck

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
FRITOS brand corn chips

They go in burritos AND chili

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

What’s you stance on the bones in beans debate?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Boneless beans are just bean tendies for children

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Nibbling away at the bean meat like a rib until you’re left with a tiny lil’ bone.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Extra Large Marge posted:

A serious burrito purist would have to be the biggest dork in the universe
I saw this thread and excitedly put on my burrito heritage museum tshirt and got ready to absolutely demolish the op, but i guess i really am just a dork according to you. WGN TV billed me as a Burrito Expert in a segment. what are your credentials? expert at being a mean person who hurts my feelings?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You ever have roasted bean marrow on a crustini? It's orgasmic

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I make burritos pretty regularly, and I still can't fold them as good as the guy at the burrito cart. I've even watched tutorials!

I think I get caught up adding too much stuff.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Smugworth posted:

You ever have roasted bean marrow on a crustini? It's orgasmic

Flicking the bean marrow

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Rice on a burrito is some gross californian poo poo, no thank you, I’ll have the bean marrow please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You add rice to a burrito so you can make more burritos for less money. So if you're making burritos at home, rice in the burrito. If you're buying from the taco truck, they are loving you by putting rice in the burrito instead of more meat.

Hope that helps.

Ok but, do you really just want a tube full of meat? Because that's what you get if you take out the fillers. Otherwise just get like a steak or chicken breast or something.