Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Rice is good because it helps balance and distribute the flavors when you really need a 1300 calorie burrito

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
vegetarian power burrito on a budget: limey/cilantro-y brown rice, black beans, roasted or grilled squash or pineapple. add salsas, guac, cheese, sour cream as you like.

yellow butternut squash is usually best. just need to get it a little charred with some cumin

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
The best burrito I've ever had had rice in it. I got it from a hippy chick in the parking lot for a Grateful Dead concert. This is some 25 years ago and I still remember this burrito.

There wasn't a ton of rice, just a layer of Spanish rice, black beans, avocado, some small diced tomato, salsa, a bit of cheese, etc. She mentioned the salsa she had made herself, the tortilla as well. The thing was huge and took two hands to hold; all for $5.

The thing was delicious. Granted I was high on weed, and a bit buzzed from beer, but I took that into account and was still impressed. I told my friend to try a bite and his face lit up and he immediately turned around to go find her to get one for himself. I remember yelling to him as he ran off to find her to tip her $10, and he yelled back, "Yup, yup, will do!"

So I can state unequivocally that rice, Spanish specifically, in moderation in a burrito can be a very good component of a delicious burrito.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
rice yes, beans no.

why would anyone want to eat flavourless chalk pellets, aside from the bri'ish

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

My Spirit Otter posted:

rice yes, beans no.

why would anyone want to eat flavourless chalk pellets, aside from the bri'ish

Trolling is against the rules

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Internetjack posted:

The best burrito I've ever had had rice in it. I got it from a hippy chick in the parking lot for a Grateful Dead concert. This is some 25 years ago and I still remember this burrito.

There wasn't a ton of rice, just a layer of Spanish rice, black beans, avocado, some small diced tomato, salsa, a bit of cheese, etc. She mentioned the salsa she had made herself, the tortilla as well. The thing was huge and took two hands to hold; all for $5.

The thing was delicious. Granted I was high on weed, and a bit buzzed from beer, but I took that into account and was still impressed. I told my friend to try a bite and his face lit up and he immediately turned around to go find her to get one for himself. I remember yelling to him as he ran off to find her to tip her $10, and he yelled back, "Yup, yup, will do!"

So I can state unequivocally that rice, Spanish specifically, in moderation in a burrito can be a very good component of a delicious burrito.

A homemade tortilla absolutely makes a difference. I got a cast iron tortilla press and a 3-ingredient recipe for corn tortillas and I won't get store bought ones anymore.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

homemade tortillas made with lard ftw

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Trolling is against the rules

i just made 10 burritos yesterday, all with rice and none with chalk pellets

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

My Spirit Otter posted:

This is why we need a food thread IK

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

thank you for your support in the war against terrible ingredients in burritos.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My Spirit Otter posted:

Impressive! I've never met anyone who could eat more burritos than me, till today.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

redshirt posted:

Impressive! I've never met anyone who could eat more burritos than me, till today.

lol i wish i could afford to eat 10 burritos at once, but its actually 10 meals for about 15 bucks.

great for a quick lunch.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Almost always get rice in my burritos. But then, I am technically a gringo, so what do I know?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's okay, almost everyone who eats burritos is a gringo, they're not very popular or common in Mexico outside of border towns

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZBsplsRjVM

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Sushi is a burrito and it has rice

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Poohs Packin posted:

Sushi is a pinwheel

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i am eatin a carne asada burrito with spanish rice, pico and refried beans from this place down the street called taqueria mexicana and its very good

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

Sushi isn't as good as everyone pretends it is

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Poohs Packin posted:

I don't know if its a regional thing, but there are a lot of literal sushi burrito places where I live.

There used to be a indian curry filled burrito place too.

Smugworth posted:

Its even better than everyone pretends it is.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Smugworth posted:

thats because sea weed has an all consuming flavour. you can put any food in your mouth with sea weed and you'll only ever be able to taste sea weed, except for bell peppers, maybe

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I've never had lengua but there's a really good taco truck near where I work and I'm gonna try it soon I think :hai:

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I used to get cabeza and chicharron burritos from a taco cart me and a buddy used to frequent. The guy running it's face would always light up when we showed up and he'd be like "ey! the gringos! You guys are the only white people that order the lengua, cabeza, or chicharron."

Sometimes I wonder if he was just marketing us, but they were certainly some great burrritos/tacos.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

i am eatin a carne asada burrito with spanish rice, pico and refried beans from this place down the street called taqueria mexicana and its very good

Seasoned rice is the way to go. I bet even smugwidth would like it

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

satanic splash-back posted:

Rice is good because it helps balance and distribute the flavors when you really need a 1300 calorie burrito

actually that's a fair point, if you work outside a lot or something then rice is a good way to add calorie density to your lunch without just filling the entire thing with queso

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Revins posted:

I've never had lengua but there's a really good taco truck near where I work and I'm gonna try it soon I think :hai:

Its pretty good. Maybe a little more texture the normal meats but it's not.like eating tendon or tripe

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Revins posted:

can recommend; ime lengua has a bunch of delicious beef flavor. great on a torta, like the kind I used to get at this one convenience store with an adjacent Mexican restaurant (can't go now, as the owner is now anti-vax and pro-fash)

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the tortilla and beans are already starchy enough. in a burrito you want sauces and meats and vegetables and all kinds of poo poo to cut the huge amount of starch already in there. if you put rice in there too it's too starchy and it gives me gas. also the op picks his shits out of the toilet with his hands and throws them in the garbage.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

What kind of freak gets gassy from rice

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Rice in burritos is good. Carbs in burritos with meat and toppings is good.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just stuffing my face with a big tube of stuff crammed into a tortilla better watch my carbs

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Smugworth posted:

HEY GUYS ITS THE 90S IM GONNA TUCK MY CABLE KNIT SWEATER INTO MY CARPENTER JEANS. CHECK OUT MY CAESAR CUT. WERE GETTING SUSHI DID I MENTION ITS THE 90S.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Hell Yeah posted:

the tortilla and beans are already starchy enough. in a burrito you want sauces and meats and vegetables and all kinds of poo poo to cut the huge amount of starch already in there. if you put rice in there too it's too starchy and it gives me gas. also the op picks his shits out of the toilet with his hands and throws them in the garbage.

bruh, the rice soaks in the sauce preventing uneven sauce application.

gives a nice even flavour profile the whole way through instead of all the sauce leakin out the rear end end.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Lengua my balls :hehe:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

My Spirit Otter posted:

bruh, the rice soaks in the sauce preventing uneven sauce application.

gives a nice even flavour profile the whole way through instead of all the sauce leakin out the rear end end.

the burrito leaks anyways put beans in there not rice.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Dokapon Findom posted:

Lengua my balls :hehe:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

and also the op just shits in his hand and throw it out at the trashcan at mcdonalds.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Folks have been living on rice for thousands of years,

and it's "too filling" for your rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

redshirt posted:

Folks have been living on rice for thousands of years,

and it's "too filling" for your rear end?

People generally consume more than one grain of rice at a time, often ten or more