Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the brushed titanium hearkens back to the old skeumorphic designs of the ancient iOS versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
iphone G4

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
iphone quadra

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

iphone G4

give that to me now

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

god the lens bump looks so bad lol

its looked terrible forever

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

haveblue posted:

iphone G4

they should make colorful clear plastic iphone G3s actually

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

its looked terrible forever

theyre adding an anti reflective coating to it now so this shouldnt be a problem for you much longer

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

not that i really want it but i wonder if you can just get a new case and stick the airpods in it. i mean, i have some extras but they're all counterfeit and don't pair correctly with them, so idk lol

they usually sell the case separately but they aren’t this time. this is more than just a case update apparently since the EarPods have tweaked internals and their IP rating changed as well

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FCKGW posted:

they usually sell the case separately but they aren’t this time. this is more than just a case update apparently since the EarPods have tweaked internals and their IP rating changed as well

hmm i see. thanks

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

theyre adding an anti reflective coating to it now so this shouldnt be a problem for you much longer

:drat:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

idgi. the camera wart isnt reflective its an ugly mass of poor design

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FCKGW posted:

i'm a little annoyed i got new ones earlier this year when my 1st gen ones poo poo out and repair was barely less than new ones during a sale

oh well. this is mostly only an issue when traveling and i have to carry lightning cable still

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Beeftweeter posted:

god the lens bump looks so bad lol

dynamic island on the front
high dynamic range island on the back

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

bearing in mind only sociopaths use their phone without a case, and given that cases exist, a camera bump is actually a good thing

it's not a good thing, but the case makes it acceptable. up to 2mm stick out is probably okay since the case will even it out.

if it's such a huge bump that the phone still doesn't lie flat when it's in a case, or if the case itself projects out around the camera bump -- gag -- then it's still bad.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Shaggar posted:

idgi. the camera wart isnt reflective its an ugly mass of poor design

It's a "turn on your monitor" joke.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Sagebrush posted:

it's not a good thing, but the case makes it acceptable. up to 2mm stick out is probably okay since the case will even it out.

if it's such a huge bump that the phone still doesn't lie flat when it's in a case, or if the case itself projects out around the camera bump -- gag -- then it's still bad.

there's a sloping ridge, then a square plateau then circular bumps of varying heights and then lil lens bumps lol

even with a case there's no way this stupid poo poo will sit flat

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

thanks i hate it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

there's bound to be an otterbox that sits flat, whether you'll want to double the thickness is a different matter

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

sweet norks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i run slimline spigen cases on my 13 and 14 and they're loving fine

the bumpers are 0.5mm higher than the lenses and they're fine and scratch-free. everybody calm down about camera bumps.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i like the smartish myself, and the (rip) apple leather but that's a nice clear case, jonny

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

the bumpers are 0.5mm higher than the lenses and they're fine and scratch-free. everybody calm down about camera bumps.

ew clear cases.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they all yellow over time but it's just a wear item

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Jonny 290 posted:

looks like poo poo op

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
does that case actually sit flat on its back or does it rock about like a lil baby in a cradle when you use it?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
well, if i'm using it, it's in my hand. if i'm not, it's sitting on the table or desk or whatever.

do some of you actually paw at your phones while they're sitting flat on a desktop? Genuinely curious.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
that's a no then? lol.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

well, if i'm using it, it's in my hand. if i'm not, it's sitting on the table or desk or whatever.

do some of you actually paw at your phones while they're sitting flat on a desktop? Genuinely curious.

yeah sometimes. why use two hands when one will do? next you’ll tell me you change gears with two hands

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

just lol if you use a case.

i just raw dog my iphone every day.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

yeah sometimes. why use two hands when one will do? next you’ll tell me you change gears with two hands

i have a disability that precludes me from using phones one-handed but go off

also i change gears with two feet and one hand

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i see a notification on my desk and go to tap it. the phone recognizes my face and unlocks but the rocking motion causes the device to catapult itself into my office manager's face.

the notification:

my employment contract is terminated.

now i browse dead gay comedy forums with my tale of woe as a warning to other computer touchers... beware. beware the bump.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Eeyo posted:

just lol if you use a case.

i just raw dog my iphone every day.

i had done this with my iphones 4, 5, and 6, and never had any problem. and then i got an se2 and the loving thing is so slippery that it slid off the not-perfectly-level nightstand at my parent's house and cracked the back glass.

why is it so slippery. why is the back made of easily broken glass. i'm not happy about it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yospos: "haha check out this lovely comic about how it has never mattered how thin a device is"
also yospos: " oh no god auuuuugh ewewerwerwer rarrrrrrgh this phone case makes my device not as thin as it was"

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Jonny 290 posted:

yospos: "haha check out this lovely comic about how it has never mattered how thin a device is"
also yospos: " oh no god auuuuugh ewewerwerwer rarrrrrrgh this phone case makes my device not as thin as it was"

the camera bump is a result of attempting to make the device as thin as possible.

it's literally the opposite of what you're saying lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i don't use cases and refuse to. i would simply design the device correctly in the first place

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the camera bump is dumb and it is cool and good to make fun of it

it is, however, even dumber to actually care about it more than as a "lol that's silly, welp that's the world we live in". put a case on it, or don't. anyone who cares whether or not their phone sits perfectly level probably needs to calm down a bit, just generally speaking

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it takes really good photos of my cat and it has not, to date, murdered ANY of my children so i just don't get what the fracas is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
why even have the level app if your phone doesnt have a flat reference surface that isnt the screen