Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

been up since 3:30, can’t sleep due to the excitement of seeing a slightly new type of phone today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
on the fence about new phone. on the one hand i can dedicate this 13 mini to my sweet small child as an no-sim entertainment camera while the battery is still deece

otoh this year is new ipad (and potentially imac year) and expensive enough as it is. and also i love my 13 mini and don't want bigphone

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

ok so should i short aapl?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
todays the day !

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
cant see whats left to improve on an iphone after over 9000 years

apparently apple watch ultras are out of stock so a new one could come out. i was able to buy one for half off because a retailer went crazy and its the first apple watch with decent battery life. if anyones in the market for a new watch its probably worth an extra 200 or 300 bucks over the normal one.

new airpods max with the latest chip with all the airpod pro 2 features and bluetooth 5 and more battery life could be attractive when retailers run a sale.

poty fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 12, 2023

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my body is ready.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im not gonna watch any of the videos or anything (i got poo poo to do) but i will read one of the live blogs

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

on the fence about new phone. on the one hand i can dedicate this 13 mini to my sweet small child as an no-sim entertainment camera while the battery is still deece

otoh this year is new ipad (and potentially imac year) and expensive enough as it is. and also i love my 13 mini and don't want bigphone

that sounds like you'd just be buying a new phone to be buying one. don't. nothing bad happens if you use perfectly functional technology that's not quite as shiny and quite as new as what someone else owns

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

how will you enjoy island time with out the dynamic camera pill? lil' sandbar 13 isn't quite as fun

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

(my xs is a work device now and it actually doesn't matter, stick with your small phone)

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

the battery in my 12 is rapidly dropping to the 80% mark, so this might be the year to upgrade

although i'll still replace the battery in my 12 and give it to my dad since the xr i gave him years ago has a cracked screen now

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

they want me to replace it but can't quantify why

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

probably going to spend more for the local nz version since nobody uses or supports esims

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Progressive JPEG posted:

they want me to replace it but can't quantify why

drat that's not bad im already way lower with my 11

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
intel announced thunderbolt 5

i will be very disappointed if the new iphone doesnt have this feature that has existed for a few hours

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

The_Franz posted:

the battery in my 12 is rapidly dropping to the 80% mark, so this might be the year to upgrade

although i'll still replace the battery in my 12 and give it to my dad since the xr i gave him years ago has a cracked screen now

same, but I’d just get the 14 if the price is right .

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Perplx posted:

intel announced thunderbolt 5

i will be very disappointed if the new iphone doesnt have this feature that has existed for a few hours

this is probably what everyone currently complaining about no usb-c will pivot to

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

poty posted:

this is probably what everyone currently complaining about no usb-c will pivot to

they will complain about Apple making them buy new cables which they already owned

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

seems as likely as not that the timing means they do have thunderbolt 5. entirely pointless on a phone of course, but if there is a chip revision anyway they might want to spec sheet it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
how else is my phone going to drive a bunch of 8k120 displays

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

haveblue posted:

how else is my phone going to drive a bunch of 8k120 displays

lol if iphones can drive more external displays than mabooks air

I guess they cost more

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

if i can get like, $950 CAD for my iPhone 14 Pro ill get the new one

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i hate this already

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

:lfgoo:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wow i use apple products and i dont have as many friends as them. false advertising imo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

apple saved my life

praise steve

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

here's a movie about people who wouldn't be alive if not for us, you benevolent tech overlords

this is a good smiley

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

you're telling me that you can have a low AND a high heart rate???

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

We save lives, motherfuckers.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
IT IS TIME ... TIME FOR PHONES

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i hope one day to have my life saved by an iphone

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

LanceHunter posted:

We save lives, motherfuckers.

not watching, is fyad doing the keynote?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

what is this horseshit

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

gonna show this to my boss and explain that if don't get the latest macbook i might die

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

timb spotted

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Drone shot zoom in on timb.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

MAC UPDATES

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TIME TO SPEND MONEY

e; the airs are actually nice, we got a couple to give out - the threaded cable is premium

poty
Jun 21, 2008

and now 3 months later we're discontinuing the mac pro woops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

is it just me or is tim's speech a bit stilted in a zuckerbergian sense