Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im not gonna watch any of the videos or anything (i got poo poo to do) but i will read one of the live blogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

on the fence about new phone. on the one hand i can dedicate this 13 mini to my sweet small child as an no-sim entertainment camera while the battery is still deece

otoh this year is new ipad (and potentially imac year) and expensive enough as it is. and also i love my 13 mini and don't want bigphone

that sounds like you'd just be buying a new phone to be buying one. don't. nothing bad happens if you use perfectly functional technology that's not quite as shiny and quite as new as what someone else owns

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the camera bump is dumb and it is cool and good to make fun of it

it is, however, even dumber to actually care about it more than as a "lol that's silly, welp that's the world we live in". put a case on it, or don't. anyone who cares whether or not their phone sits perfectly level probably needs to calm down a bit, just generally speaking

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

why even have the level app if your phone doesnt have a flat reference surface that isnt the screen

poo poo i didn't think of that, thats a p good argument tbh

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i use the level on my phone (way) more than bubble levels. but the strange world of keeping an old phone charged for leveling purposes seems terrible. i guess i could buy a digital one or something but that also seems non-ideal

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

camera bump is dumb as poo poo. A phone is effectively as thick as its thickest part, so just make it that thick all over and fill it with battery and have 4 days of talk time.

yes this is the correct take

but whatcha gonna do?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

i keep my old SE in the garage and it plays music and acts as a straightedge and level and stuff but i keep forgetting to plug it in after and it has an ancient battery with like 30 minutes of juice in it so eh

ha i have an iphone 6 in the garage plugged in to my stereo. idk how long the battery lasts unplugged, it might literally not work. it has a cracked screen but i put a protector on it and it works ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

i use this thing from amazon and it works well, the magnet is pretty strong so you have to put a little work into getting it off but it stays put.

bought just for the new clock feature.

that's ok i have to put a little work into getting your mom off so i'm used to it