Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Goes to the Jets and tears a tendon?

He really wants to follow Favre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

soggybagel posted:

I know week 1's are just pre season extensions but did it feel like this week 1 was extra sloppy?

Scoring was about 20.5 per team game league wide, after falling in the prior two seasons as well

I know it's just one week, but it really feels like the defenses keep gaining on the offenses

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Mystic Stylez posted:

I was just messing with you, Lamar's performance was also forgetful

But for real though, I feel awful for the Jets fans. Nobody deserves this poo poo, especially after an endless parade of horrible quarterbacks

Yeah as Insanely Funny as Rodgers literally getting hurt on his first ever Jets drive (on 9/11 on MNF!) is as an abstract theory I really hate it. he's a dipshit but he's an amazing player and the Jets were gonna be awesome to watch this year. I have my fingers crossed that it's, like, eight weeks and they can hold it together.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

lol @ Peyton

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/1701412528557883693

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/devilblue7/status/1701397789383770536

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I know week 1's are just pre season extensions but did it feel like this week 1 was extra sloppy?

I feel like the three preseason games and bye before the season starts is messing with teams, especially offenses. You've got a ton of players sitting out and not getting much playtime and even then they're not really running the full offense.

So the offenses are really just starting week 1 and are behind defenses. It's not always the case but it sure seems like you can't really expect to see offenses working as they want until a few games in.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I unironically love Mark Sanchez.

https://twitter.com/mark_sanchez/status/1701427820881174922?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

soggybagel posted:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Has anyone said clownball yet

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Clearly its time for the jets to bring back flacco

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Zach Wilson costs 1/50th of what Aaron Rodgers costs, what's Josh Allen's excuse?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

"I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as Aaron Rodger's achilles collapsed"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

“Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. You couldn’t live with your failure, and where did that bring you? Back to me.”

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Gonz posted:

“Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. You couldn’t live with your failure, and where did that bring you? Back to me.”

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

have to give props to the NFL for furnishing a 9/11 we'll truly never forget

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Me as a Seahawks fan watching the Jets win their opener: :yikeseroo:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What a week 1. What’s optimal clownball potential from the week 2 slate?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

We've got a slew it looks like. Bears/Bucs, Giants/Cards and Colts/Texans stand out as the early favorites it seems.

But the nature of clownball is you never know when you're going to get it or where.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Can I interest you in Cowboys/Jets ?

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
I have no idea how to feel about this season.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is it too early to say SOSAR?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

week one of the 2023 nfl season kicked rear end

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Well at least hard knocks will be interesting

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'm no doctor but I am a guy on the internet so I'm at least as qualified as Joe Rogan to say that's a pretty bad sign right there

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1701459656047034379?s=20

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1701468084106592564

I mean we know there are no good answers here but this is such a bleak paragraph:

quote:

Most of the quarterbacks from Hackett's past are either out of football or already on the roster. One exception is Brett Rypien, who was the backup behind Russell Wilson in Denver last season and is now on the Rams' practice squad. PJ Walker, John Wolford and David Blough are on various practice squads across the league and could be acquired for very little if the Jets so desire.

I mean bring on PJ Walker I guess?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
That looks just like what happened to Kevin Durant. Sheesh.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Grittybeard posted:

We've got a slew it looks like. Bears/Bucs, Giants/Cards and Colts/Texans stand out as the early favorites it seems.

But the nature of clownball is you never know when you're going to get it or where.

Oh my god all of those are going to be incredible.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Packers/Falcons could be a trash fire depending on just how much of the Packers' week 1 performance was the blood curse they have over the Bears. Washington Football Guys / Broncos could be bad bad. I was all hyped up to see if Jets-Cowboys would allow Aaron Rodgers to continue his inexplicable crushing dominion over the Cowboys, but so much for fuckin' that. Could still have severe clownball potential.

Logic will tell you that Vikings-Eagles should turn out like Vikings-Eagles did last year, but I can assure you that both the Vikings and Eagles are connoisseurs of clownball. Keep that one in the corner in case something stupid happens.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think every game will be wonderful

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Eat some clay Aaron, that'll fix it.

This is just ridiculous.

You need a clay enema for an achilles injury

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i think every game will be wonderful

I just hope everyone has fun out there

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I mean bring on PJ Walker I guess?

With a defense like that you only need to connect on this play once or twice a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuEWqrQ2Glc

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The Jets should trade a 4th for Russell Wilson

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Terrorists destroyed Aaron Rodgers' tendon, killing thousands of Jets fans' hopes.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Don't count out Chargers/Titans, the Titans offense will probably still be putrid and the Chargers are the Chargers.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Jets are welcome to trade for Mitch Trubisky

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Jets better start looking for a QB because lol that cowboys pass rush seems a tiny bit better than the bills.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

What was the pressure rate for the full game, anyway? Was the Jets o-line demolished wire to wire, or was that a fluke start and injury?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The "Boy what a week huh" 30 Rock meme, except Alec Baldwin says Tuesday instead of Wednesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Nosre posted:

What was the pressure rate for the full game, anyway? Was the Jets o-line demolished wire to wire, or was that a fluke start and injury?

The Jets oline was bad but Rodgers was holding the ball way too long. Zach was pressured plenty but he usually got it out quick or scrambled long enough to throw it away.