Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Cmon that wasn’t the worst. I actually kinda enjoyed it :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

nope they're still going on about it - keep muting it

I'll report back when you can unmute.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pretty landscapes of California though, at least I get to pretend I'm home

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Thank god that the new AW doesn't have that new optical HR sensor as was rumored. No reason to upgrade anymore.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

buglord posted:

Cmon that wasn’t the worst. I actually kinda enjoyed it :shobon:

Carbon credits and planting trees is an absolute scam and the fact they mentioned it means that's where most of their "net neutral" is coming from.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Okay eco people, and where do your batteries come from?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I'm guessing customers are going to be charged 3x as much as they are already to meet these targets.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Tim, next time the media team does propose an idea like this, please make them experience the old Steve Chinese production leaker trick.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Durzel posted:

I'm guessing customers are going to be charged 3x as much as they are already to meet these targets.
Your phone will cost the same, but the battery is not included

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Apple saving the environment by producing 100 billion lovely lightning cables over ten years instead of standardizing until they got forced to

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Are they legally required to put this stuff in their presentations or something?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Literally could not care less about their carbon neutrality. It would be more honest them to just stand up there and slow jerk while staring into a mirror. I am sure you're very proud of themselves, no one gives a fuuuuuuuck.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Rageaholic posted:

Are they legally required to put this stuff in their presentations or something?

no it just helps fuel the boners of investors bc stupid consumers will think it's true

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

At least they're putting effort into their greenwashing. This'll convince their target market that they're being good by consuming. It's savvy, average people really do care about this poo poo.

It's all hooey at the end of the day though. This 100% green energy poo poo - worthless without top-to-bottom grid verification. Wanna save the world? Buy used.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Apple is the one who choose to ship by air so not sure why they get credit for switching to ships?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Are journalists sitting in an auditorium watching this prerecorded crap?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Chat Roulette didn't have this much jerking yourself off.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Apple: We're planting trees and poo poo.

China: lol coal fired power plant printer go brrrrrrrrrrrr

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I still use a 1st-gen Apple Watch daily, see no drat reason to upgrade whatsoever

I looked at the new ones last year and was like ... hmm no

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ah there’s the bullshit tree planting

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Dumping leather is a really good thing, at least.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rageaholic posted:

Corporate loves ESG stuff.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Data Graham posted:

I still use a 1st-gen Apple Watch daily, see no drat reason to upgrade whatsoever

I looked at the new ones last year and was like ... hmm no

Your battery life must be absolute dog poo poo. :stare:

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
NO LEATHER? GO gently caress YOURSELVES ALL DAY.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RIP leather

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

smackfu posted:

Apple is the one who choose to ship by air so not sure why they get credit for switching to ships?

Seriously. They're infamous for shipping eleventy billion phones overnight from China on launch day lol

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

AlternateAccount posted:

It would be more honest them to just stand up there and slow jerk while staring into a mirror.

They just did this tho, Tim Apple stared down Mother Earth and received her blessing in a scripted skit.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

My patina :negative:

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I liked the big "whew she bought it" sigh of relief when 'Mother Nature' left the meeting room.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

meanolmrcloud posted:

They just did this tho, Tim Apple stared down Mother Earth and received her blessing in a scripted skit.

No loving way. I tuned in too late.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Guess I’m going to be using 3rd party cases now if I don’t choose to go naked. But probably for the best, the case leather was poo poo.

Also who the gently caress calls a CPU a ‘Sip’. It makes me cringe every time I hear it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Mother Nature will apparently believe anything.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

okay you can unmute now

Nike bands are legit fantastic - love 'em

The new watch face is pretty cool too!

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Yes, and the Apple leather phone case was the platonic ideal :(

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Apple just invented fake leather. It's fine. :c00l:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Will people pay $500 for Hermes bands if they aren’t leather?

No.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

That was 20 minutes to say AW9 has a new SoC.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Rick posted:

Dumping leather is a really good thing, at least.

This is the new leather!

"According to Kosutami, the (finewoven) bands are also set to feature a splash-resistant coating, although the bands themselves are not fully waterproof."

https://www.macrumors.com/2023/09/12/exclusive-first-look-finewoven-apple-watch-band/

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Eww you guys actually use leather cases?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
“We planted trees and mangroves!”

“Did you make sure the trees lived, weren’t an invasive species, and you weren’t over planting?”

“Look here you stupid rear end in a top hat.”