Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Literally could not care less about their carbon neutrality. It would be more honest them to just stand up there and slow jerk while staring into a mirror. I am sure you're very proud of themselves, no one gives a fuuuuuuuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Apple: We're planting trees and poo poo.

China: lol coal fired power plant printer go brrrrrrrrrrrr

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
NO LEATHER? GO gently caress YOURSELVES ALL DAY.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

meanolmrcloud posted:

They just did this tho, Tim Apple stared down Mother Earth and received her blessing in a scripted skit.

No loving way. I tuned in too late.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Yes, and the Apple leather phone case was the platonic ideal :(

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
You remember that scene in Soylent Green where his buddy went to the room to lay on that bed and look at screens while they killed him? This video is what was playing.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
It is absolutely staggering to go from Steve, who was perhaps the greatest tech presenter ever to live to these bizarro stilted Starfield-grade talking heads who just exude painful amounts of weird wide-stanced awkwardness while delivering this inane bullshit with a less natural cadence than that robot tiktok voice lady.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Everyone stands like they just took a giant flaming hot liquid diarrhea Wednesday morning dump.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Data Graham posted:

I'll take any of these droning Tim Cook impressionists over a presentation by Musk

You know, I am probably more of a Musk fan than most of this dumb site and I think he's exceptionally smart, etc.

But you're right, generally I cannot STAND to listen to him talk for any length of time.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
TIM: I LOVE THE NEW APPLE WATCH SERIES 9...

okay?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
ALL NEW DESIGN. ell oh fuken ell. Who are you trying to fuckin' kid??

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
It's literally indistinguishable from the previous. How will I flex on the poors?!

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Wow they figured out how to color glass you guys. Incredible.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

meanolmrcloud posted:

lol bigger screen equals more text, that’s some serious innovation there.

"MORE SCREEN = BIGGER THAN"

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Recycled cobalt? Why do they hate kids having jobs in Africa?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
The new camera really gets the yellow on teeth better than ever before.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
"This iPhone 14 is nice, but I sure wish the camera was better, I think it's really holding me back! I hope the next one has more numbers." - Nobody ever.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
OK I have seen the dog. Tell me where to buy this new crap you're selling, I'm in.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

FlapYoJacks posted:

DSLR's have had this for decades lol.

That's what's so funny. All this tech and fakery and it still gets its lunch eaten by an entry grade DSLR with a kit lens.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

aBagorn posted:

i mean i would hope so? like for all the bells and whistles and talk about things you should get better results from something purpose built

More that anyone who cares enough to really make phone buying decisions based on it probably has a real camera for poo poo they care about.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Kirios posted:

I want them to just go all in and have no port.

The backlash would be incredible.

The world is not ready for such bravery.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
The music choices are always the absolute worst part.

I never thought I'd miss U2. (jk, I don't)

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Inner Light posted:

Yea but, like a lot of these features, how often are most Americans going to be at risk for roadside issues (cars are more reliable than ever) in a place without cell signal?

Going to be pretty rare for the vast majority of iPhone buyers. This is a manufactured demand. But that doesn't mean folks won't snap it up.

100% yes.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Oh poo poo. OH poo poo. Dammit, no. No Apple, don't make a classy brushed Titanium phone. Please, I beg you. I want to be strong.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Is the back titanium?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Stop moving your hands like that. You look like a fuckin' SIM.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Ugh, still a glass back. Fuckin' fail. I am out.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
This guy plays so much bass in a light dad rock cover band. It's so obvious.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
OK, this is what I am talking about. Apple has been a shambling corpse for years.

This loving bullshit BUTTON is a solution seeking a problem. No one will use it for anything but ring/silent. You can't just introduce a complete new interface element like this that improves/solves nothing. But it kept people busy for a year.

Absolute waste of everyone's time.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzkCmidjeHc

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Who uses a cable to transfer anything to/from their phone?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Oh boy a new GPU so I guess RAID SHADOW LEGENDS will look even better.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Xabi posted:

I feel I've seen this exact presentation about twenty times and still I tune in to watch it every time.

I'm an idiot.

I know I've done the whole NEW GPU -> BETTER GAMES -> Me wondering wtf games they're talking about, since mobile gaming is a wasteland loop many, many times.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I can't wait to do my standard ritual of watching my entire David Lynch catalogue on this new GPU/screen combo.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
THERE ARE NO GOOD MOBILE GAMES, STOP loving PRETENDING.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Capcom and Ubisoft checks went through, I guess.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Kirios posted:

god look at that UI for Division

LOOK AT IT. IT'S OVER HALF THE FREAKING SCREEN!

It's all your fault for being made of such crude meat.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Zooming and cropping is not the same as a different focal length. This is fake idiot bullshit.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Ah, I don't think Spatial Video will work for me properly because my eyes are further than 3/4" apart, ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

manwithoutskin posted:

lmao at the video of your typical family beach vacation

Ooh, grandpa's about to do Wonderwall. So immersive.