Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

As much as these products are luxury goods, it's pretty much impossible to argue against these things phoning emergency services when you're incapacitated, or detecting things that you would otherwise chalk up to "feeling under the weather", etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Apple Vision Pro is a mistake. No one wants to wear this poo poo. The only people hyping this garbage are crypto metaverse grifters (and now Apple). Just make a fucken car instead, you'll sell millions of them.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Apple Watch Series 9.. but the crown ring is still red.. how is anyone (everyone) supposed to know I've got one of the new ones? :argh:

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Why are they talking about Siri? It's dogshit. Ask Siri "how many days are in September", for example. It's useful only for timers and alarms, and that's it. Even then it has no contextual awareness so if you try and change an alarm to a different time it'll change the subject of the alarm instead of the time.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

"When your other hand is occupied".. we all know what he means.

Oh, double tap index finger.

e: lol still going with the Dick Tracy phone answering that no one does (surely?)

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

What in the blue hell is this poo poo.. it's turned into a Netflix teen show?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Three Olives posted:

WTF is this?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I'm guessing customers are going to be charged 3x as much as they are already to meet these targets.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

All of this is incredibly lacking in self-awareness. None of them can stand properly, presenters walk off camera to nowhere. It's painful to watch.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Flying around the globe for backdrops is sure eco.
lmao true

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I can't stop laughing at Steve's power stances.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

The lame pastel colours leak was on point.

I guess these are the eco shades.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

iPhone Plus Max coming up at 6.9" ? Surely this isn't it?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

So I was complaining- is it OLED or not?
They've been OLED since iPhone 11, haven't they?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

smoobles posted:

I'm only watching this to see how they spin the USB-C change
Data transfer capability with Genuine(tm) Apple USB-C cables only.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Here's Dennis to tell you about how we invented USB-C.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I too want to have my $1500 phone snatched out of my outreached hand.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Kirios posted:

I want them to just go all in and have no port.

The backlash would be incredible.
It does feel like it's building up to that, but I don't think so. Would be a pretty lol FU to the EU though.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Satellite services for those of you who have bought the latest phone from us, the rest of you can get hosed.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

"Most premium material ever used in an iPhone enclosure".. what about that space black one they made?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

AlternateAccount posted:

OK, this is what I am talking about. Apple has been a shambling corpse for years.

This loving bullshit BUTTON is a solution seeking a problem. No one will use it for anything but ring/silent. You can't just introduce a complete new interface element like this that improves/solves nothing. But it kept people busy for a year.

Absolute waste of everyone's time.
TouchBar 2.0. Will be gone or repurposed on the 16.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Never understood the mindset of people who want to play games on their phone that seriously... a console is like 1/3rd of the price. Play the same games you already own on a screen a fraction of the size, with no tactile controls and a giant black blob to ruin whatever immersion you might have been able to rustle up.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Do you smell something? Someone let Vision Pro back in :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

lol now there's a man that loves him some motor racing.