Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It's pretty obvious they don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
If anything is on the floor you can take it, it's not illegal

Love to grab wyrm bones to sustain my bone crushing prayer. People got a problem, they can pick up their own dang bones

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Yeah in general if the gound item tiner is up that item is now yours. Sometimes Ironmen do weird things so if you're feeling nice check to see if they are one.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

WaywardWoodwose posted:

What is the etiquette on picking up piles of fish and iron ore people seem to be dumping on the ground?

People do that because it's faster exp to just keep going instead of banking the stuff, albeit at the cost of being able to make money off it later or use it for another skill. It's very common with mining, fishing, woodcutting, and most combat skilling.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fajita Queen posted:

People do that because it's faster exp to just keep going instead of banking the stuff, albeit at the cost of being able to make money off it later or use it for another skill. It's very common with mining, fishing, woodcutting, and most combat skilling.

Yeah I banked about 500 willow logs today so thanks skilling dude!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
In RS3 players will sometimes drop stuff worth like 100k+ at the bank floor for literally no reason. They're dumb and I've made lots of money from this

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
I assumed it was fine, then some guy got super bent out of shape because he saw me picking up raw meat when everyone way mass killing cows. Followed me around until I changed world, same thing happened when i was grabbing feathers. I assumed I had made some runescape faux pas.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

WaywardWoodwose posted:

I assumed it was fine, then some guy got super bent out of shape because he saw me picking up raw meat when everyone way mass killing cows. Followed me around until I changed world, same thing happened when i was grabbing feathers. I assumed I had made some runescape faux pas.

Na gently caress those dudes

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
The more someone gets mad at you in OSRS, the less reasons you should have to believe you actually messed up (except raids)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

WaywardWoodwose posted:

I've never heard of this happening before in my life. When something is on the ground that means the player who dropped it there didn't bother picking it up for 60(?) seconds, so they clearly don't give a poo poo about it lol

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

I've had plenty of people get mad at me for picking their poo poo on the floor, especially when they do slayer. Maybe don't play 5 accounts at the same time or watch youtube and not the runescape instance you got open :v:

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Reoxygenation posted:

I've had plenty of people get mad at me for picking their poo poo on the floor, especially when they do slayer. Maybe don't play 5 accounts at the same time or watch youtube and not the runescape instance you got open :v:

I haven’t picked up someone else’s drops in three years. It is part of my eBushido code…

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I had no idea people got mad for picking stuff up.

I am going to start taking drops.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

Putty posted:

In RS3 players will sometimes drop stuff worth like 100k+ at the bank floor for literally no reason. They're dumb and I've made lots of money from this

One of my favourite money making tactics is waiting in the farming guild and picking up uncharged skills necklaces from rich fucks who don't want to spend the time to recharge them

The bourgeoisie live such different lives

Robot Jones
Nov 12, 2016

Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones?

Mobile seems like a great way to make this game less of a terrible grind. I'm in as Boa Jiden.

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
if you like farming contacts in osrs, the varlamore addition has a hunter equivalent and it's pretty alright, i wasn't super into hunter until now

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Brighter Shores is a new game from the Gower brothers that created RuneScape, planned to launch in Q3 of this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASIbNq_pLQQ

Keen eyes will notice that this appears to be exceptionally similar to RuneScape in its presentation from the limited screenshots and gameplay that's been shown so far. I'm thinking about wrapping the game into this thread as a RuneScape-like MMO unless someone wants to spin up a thread when it launches / if it's good.

For anyone that's on the forums but not in our discord, we've got a channel in the GoonScape Discord that we're using as a waiting room for news / shitposting about Brighter Shores and the other lesser-known and comically terrible RuneScape-like, GenFanAd.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 3, 2024

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Do not play that fuckass game Genfanad look forward to Brighter Shores instead

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Reoxygenation posted:

Do not play that fuckass game Genfanad look forward to Brighter Shores instead

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
A reasonable question tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

looking forward to the next double exp week starting on may 17th. also news about a new archaeology dig site is pretty fun, given that i've put a lot of effort into it. recently unlocked ancient summoning with all the annoyances involved in getting that done.