Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I decided I wanted to try RS3 again. I played the crap out of OSRS on my phone at work but never thought I did much RS3 - until I looked at my bank and quest log and all that poo poo and was completely and totally overwhelmed.

Do I just try to bash my head through the wall of figuring out what these 400 individual items were all for or should I just say gently caress it and start over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I opted to restart, though I’ll still come post my bank here or on Discord if only to extract whatever value is left in it.

Instead of getting distracted by all the theme park rides 15 yards apart from eachother - all the updates and new graphics have made the F2P pen a VERY tiny place - I’m doing a strict timeline quest order combined with self-imposed pseudo-Ironman: I still want to be able to buy bonds, so my rules are I can SELL on the AH, but the only thing I’m allowed to buy are bonds. Bonus points if you know of a snappy name for this style, cause I couldn’t find one. It’s been fun thus far!

boho fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 17, 2023

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Just made a cool 148mil with some dumb halloweeen mask. :smaug:

It's probably worth like a billion cause it sold instantly but my logic is either to sell seasonal crap ASAP or sit on it for a long, long time.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Reoxygenation posted:

If it was one of the OGs (red/blue/green) you missed out on a couple bils at the very least

Orange, added this year. Seemed safe to sell!

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Hotfix today gives everyone 1000 H’Oddments and grants a guaranteed 25 H’Os for each pumpkin smashed.

Will this quell redditor outrage? No, of course not - this patch is no replacement to the years of therapy and medication required - but let’s all take a moment to thank the outrage engine for getting us some free Halloween bullshit.

boho fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 18, 2023

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
HDOS is slick - both looking and running better out of the box than 117 HD + Animation Smoothing + numerous tweaks under Runelite - but plugins are going to be an uphill battle. Importing my Runelite only enabled a few plugins on its small list.

It kind of reminds me of the state of Morrowind modding: someone re-wrote the Morrowind engine, and while it runs fantastically well with little tweaking, it supports only the simplest of mods, and isn't taken particularly seriously by anyone who wants more than the vanilla game. Hopefully HDOS doesn't meet the same fate.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Nobody Interesting posted:

Not to derail or anything, but if you're talking about OpenMW that's no longer the case.

Last of the derail I promise: I was referring to MWSE, which it doesn’t support. It does look like OpenMW finally managed to add some kind of LUA scripting three months ago, but it’s not compatible and relies on mod authors to port their work to OpenMW-LUA. And who knows, Morrowind’s seemingly endless life might actually see those ports come to pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
RS3 is by far the worst case of mudflation I’ve ever seen - so bad that it frequently becomes actively unfun. I had aspirations of sticking with RS3 but the cognitive load compared to OSRS doesn’t feel worth it.