Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Reoxygenation posted:

OSRS leagues november 15th for anyone interested, plenty of time to get prepped in advance of that is your thing!!

Oh gently caress yes, I really enjoyed the last one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You do it with your main account for the rewards, you don't need to make a new one

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE posted:

Decided to get into runescape and loaded up OSRS because years ago I heard the newer version was bad. Then I found out RS3 isn't bad? Can anyone tell me the pros and cons? Seems like I'd only want OSRS if I want that old school feel.

If you used to play runescape in the 200Xes, and haven't played since then, RS3 will be completely unrecognizable to you. It's basically an entirely different game using the same world and some leftover kruft.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad game apart from the endless predatory monetization garbage, but it's not really what I want to play when I want to play runescape.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm so bad at fight cave lol

Doesn't help that I took the mage relic and magic is the worst combat style for it, I guess.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

WaywardWoodwose posted:

What is the etiquette on picking up piles of fish and iron ore people seem to be dumping on the ground?

People do that because it's faster exp to just keep going instead of banking the stuff, albeit at the cost of being able to make money off it later or use it for another skill. It's very common with mining, fishing, woodcutting, and most combat skilling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

WaywardWoodwose posted:

I assumed it was fine, then some guy got super bent out of shape because he saw me picking up raw meat when everyone way mass killing cows. Followed me around until I changed world, same thing happened when i was grabbing feathers. I assumed I had made some runescape faux pas.

I've never heard of this happening before in my life. When something is on the ground that means the player who dropped it there didn't bother picking it up for 60(?) seconds, so they clearly don't give a poo poo about it lol