Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Jeffery for the love of god please just buy Jagex and put an end to this misery

Putty fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

boho posted:

I decided I wanted to try RS3 again. I played the crap out of OSRS on my phone at work but never thought I did much RS3 - until I looked at my bank and quest log and all that poo poo and was completely and totally overwhelmed.

Do I just try to bash my head through the wall of figuring out what these 400 individual items were all for or should I just say gently caress it and start over?

A little bank organization by goons goes a long way

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Blacula posted:

a modern game engine

I dunno about this one

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
you can AFK very easily on mobile but for anything else from combat to active skilling the screen has to be pretty big to not always misclick. even doing dailies is a pain there.

if your phone supports stuff like picture-in-picture or locking the screen while active (Samsung Game Booster) you can pretty much AFK mine in RS3 for the duration of the logout timer. I can just go jogging or watch shows on my phone while keeping track of notifications with headphones

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Runes are used when you use an auto attack with magic (which happens much less in EoC with a complete revolution bar).

If you are using legacy mode, each spell cast costs runes like before.

The basic Ancient Magicks have their effect be a 5% proc chance on abilities, and when it procs it uses runes. Legacy mode has them function like Old School.

The advanced Ancient Magicks have unique functions and tend to cost a high amount of runes depending on their consumption effect.

The original combat spells are incredibly outdated, but for the most part just cast a monster's weakness (this only affects accuracy) and keep in mind that a staff's level caps spell damage, so using a T99 combat spell with a T80 staff only does T80 damage and wastes extra runes for no reason. Use necromancy.

Putty fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 13, 2024

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Yep. Even though this is a thing you still can't use magic abilities if you don't have any runes for the auto attack regardless of what gets cast first.

Putty fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 13, 2024

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Soulhunter posted:

Reportedly sold for 900m. What do you think the future of RuneScape is under new management? Cross-promotions with other games, new games with the IP, or somehow finding a way to crank up MTX to 11 to wring the last few pennies from whales?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
In RS3 players will sometimes drop stuff worth like 100k+ at the bank floor for literally no reason. They're dumb and I've made lots of money from this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Reoxygenation posted:

Do not play that fuckass game Genfanad look forward to Brighter Shores instead