Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Genesplicer posted:

A dame walked in. She had smoky eye shadow and legs for days. Dames like that always mean trouble.

I just have this dame revolving door for dames like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Between cases?! You must be new here. We’re drunk all the time.

Hot dog! Time to get to the bottom of this case... case of hooch!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Genesplicer posted:

A dame walked in. She had smoky eye shadow and legs for days. Dames like that always mean trouble.

Gams out the wazoo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

This dame clops in, gams all the way up to her withers. She played it coy but I could tell she was hot to trot.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
In my client chair I'm seeing a pink elephant playing the banjo. Just means I need to get another handle as I'm having delirium tremors again.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Ever since I started taking 'Toon cases again it's been a real circus. I got Horace Horsecollar asking me to check up on his wife Clarabell, she seems to think the grass is greener on Yosemite Sam's side. And I got to investigate Road Runner, the Laff-a-Lympics board thinks he's juicing. Then I'm supposed to follow Snagglepuss around, MGM is afraid his rumored "alternative lifestyle" will violate Hays. gently caress that, what a cougar does on his own time is his own business...I'll still take their money though.

Teddy, I sure wish you were here

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
I keep losing cases by telling husbands that they have a cheating wife because they've been a lousy gently caress. Like hell I'm going to stop saying it.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Alcoholism? ME? What a joke. Those goddamn do-gooder doctors all up in people's business these days. World went to hell in a hand basket on the fast lane.

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
one of the funniest gbs threads ever made

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3636034&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have this super cool 50's/60's convertible even thought I am basically homeless.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

*stands alone on a stakeout in a damp trash-strewn alleyway at night with only noir-lighting showcasing my silhouetted figure, the cherry on my barely-lit cigarette dangling from my mouth illuminating only my chin*

*a soft muted trumpet plays*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

For hire: Hot saucy lady who's smart and can give it back.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
The private dick market is a bit crowded, so I'm trying my hand at being a "public dick." What exactly does that entail? Well, let's just say this trench coat serves a couple of different purposes.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We also need big huge guy, maybe former Con, and a smooth talking guy. And a tech hacker lady.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Introduce a detective puppy at the end of Season 1. So he's all growed up in Season 2, but we can use clip show montages and stuff to show his puppy days.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The dame walked in. A question immediately began to burn inside me. I had to ask, even though I knew I wouldn't like the answer.

"Is it Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy, or Dame Dummy?"

She didn't need to answer. I had solved the mystery in my mind already.

"Oh, I get it. You Biggie and he's Puffy!"

The Roc-A-Fella case. He had passed away from a disease that medicine wouldn't even understand until decades after the heyday of this particular genre. And this was the guy they had chosen to name their company after? I started to put it together...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gracie, order 100 cans of Spam.

Just do it, I know it's crazy. Place the order.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
There I was, nursing the worse hangover this side of Newark. I downed my second shot of Jimmy B just as this dame strode in like she owned the place. Legs up to here and tits out to next Tuesday.

“You got another one of those, cowboy?” She asked, nodding at my empty glass. I looked around for a clean glass and finding none, I dumped out a begonia and dropped two fingers of Beam in the vase.

She took the slug and drained it in one gulp. My kinda broad. I grunted respect and offered a refill but she covered the vase with a well-manicured hand.

“It’s my husband,” she said. “He’s a real son of a bitch but he ain’t showed up since Thursday.”

“Thursday?” I said. “That’s the day before Friday. You tellin me this cat missed a Friday?”

“It ain’t right,” she said. “He ain’t never missed no Friday that I know about. Pardon my French mister but it’s real fuckin weird!”

“He been actin funny or anything, miss? Now if I had a dame like yous I wouldn’t be steppin out but I don’t know your husband like you do. Maybe he got hooked on a little strange.”

“Nah, he ain’t like that,” she said. “All’s I know is we was savin up for a house and he was tryin to sell some of his old stuff, said he had a couple of buyers lined up. I asked him when he was comin back but alls he said was “Shan’t speculate” and I ain’t seen him since.”

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We're gonna need some big guys. You know, "Toughs". Not too bright.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cruising down the Ocean Loop all casual in our sweet rear end convertible.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Computer, load holoprogram Dixon Hill and the Borg Queen’s Panties.

Disengage safety protocols.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Get Sahmdo on the line. We're gonna need a giant truck.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I could hear Jimmy running up to the agency door. Excitable kid that he was, once he had an idea he couldn't sneak up on a deaf man with the way he tore across the hardwood.

"Detective! There's big news," he shouted. His high pitched screeching voice danced across my hangover, I clenched my eyes shut tight in a wince.

"What's the news, Jimmy," I grumbled, "and for crying out loud keep your drat voice down." My hand fumbled with one of my desk drawers, desperately seeking out a bottle of painkillers that I already knew was empty.

"That old website guy, the one with the powder spine! They say he's pushing clouds!"

My eyes darted open, migraine be damned. That didn't add up. Why would the taxman bow out now? Wasn't his plan to take the money and run? This just got complicated.

"Jimmy, grab my coat. And go flag down one of our boys in blue. Tell em if they know what's good for em they'll be in YOSPOS within the hour."

It was a suicide run. I knew this. I'd be clocked within seconds of stepping into the 'POS territory. But everything pointed back one way. Everything was finally falling into place. A dead taxman, the posts from the wife, the silence from the moderators. They knew, of course. They had always known. It left only one person I could finger.

"Detective, are you sure about this?" The worry was clear in Jimmy's voice. He had seen his fair share of my coming back from a case in a mess, but even then I'd never tried picking a fight this openly. I'd skirt around FYAD, bag a CSPAMmer when they stepped out of line. This was different. This one would be for all the marbles.

"I'm sure, Jimmy. Sometimes you gotta let the big ones know they ain't invincible. Sometimes you gotta spit in their eye and hope you can get em with a sucker punch. Keep em honest. But if I'm being honest, Jimmy," I said, trying my best to keep my voice even.

"Yeah, Detective?"

"I'm gay, lol."

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 13, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

She had money and a story. Some kind of alien facehuggers.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I found something interesting in the trash… seems to be a mirror directly reflecting the OP

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Drinking my 8th? 10th cup of Circle K coffee.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

The investigation is progressing along nicely boss. I woke up to find the broad I was pumping for information dead with an ice pick in her back and I'm the main suspect. Once again I'm gonna have to kill a lot of people to clear my name.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

The investigation is progressing along nicely boss. I woke up to find the broad I was pumping for information dead with an ice pick in her back and I'm the main suspect. Once again I'm gonna have to kill a lot of people to clear my name.

Committing crimes in the 20's was so easy.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
A dame walked into the office. Her gams went all the way up. She wore her underwear like a neckerchief. Her breasts were on her thighs.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I woke up, head pounding. burning. vomit in my lap. paper stuck to my face. 37 empty bottles of night train scattered around my office. drat, slept through another case. I started to pull myself upright when there was a flash, and I was deaf. not deaf, I heard ringing. a man suddenly in the doorway waving his arms, eyes bulging. gently caress, I had passed out holding my gun again.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
"Listen, dame," I advised with the point of a finger, "there'a more dames here walking into private dick offices than pigeons in Central Park, you wanna know which office to saunter into and get your 'gams for days' line, you gotta be more specific--just saying 'that one goon detective' ain't gonna cut it."

The dame stared daggers at me with eyes narrowed into holsters for a dangerous stare. The smoky eyelashes were a solid 8: good shape, sharp taper, no smudges. The gams, however were only about a 5: her shortness wasn't doing her any favors, and the backseam actively rebelled by snaking up her shapely calves in a haphazard manner. A run in the seam emerged at the widest point of the lower leg, but this dame somehow kept it from racing top to bottom like a bootlegger delivering the VIP hooch, so I decided to revise my gams score to a 6; she knew how to work with the disadvantages dealt her way, but you can only bluff so much with a bad hand.

With an utterance of contempt and a sharp upturn of the chin, she sauntered by my desk, fancy heels clicking on the wood panel flooring, and expensive Parisian perfume silently whirling around the air thanks to the desk fan. It wasn't my preferred fragrance--a musky lavender--but it's going to make some poor shmuck's day to be stuck in a small detective office huffing her essence.

"Fourth door on the left," I leaned backward, toward her as she passed, "If nobody's there, you can wait or saunter up to the second floor, they're all womanizers up that-a-way."

I went back to my typing while a smug expression crawled in from the corner of my mouth. Clearly this dame didn't know the very obvious rule for detective agencies: you don't sass the secretary. I memorized all the detectives worth a drat, and unless she stumbled into them at a nearby bar, she's not gonna meet any of them, I'll make sure of that.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

chillin in the hoopty, munchin on a wonder bread sandwich and black coffee

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
A whiff of the forest caused me to look up from my half empty rocks glass. There she was, gams the size of tree trunks that went all the way up, a voice that shook the office. One of them ent dames and she had a problem. I settled in for a long night as these kinda broads take a long time to get their words out. I sighed. Just another night at Middle Earth Detective Agency.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
She rushed past the entrance, wetter than a rainstorm and not nearly as pleasant. She smelled of algae, the swampy kind. I could hear the poor floorboards groaning under the weight, hushed by all the moisture. On her back, several people threw a ball back and forth, polo-style.

I tapped the sign as I spoke, one that I tap way too often in this god-forsaken town.

"Dames with gams, not dams with games."

I regretted resuming my typing; all that humidity was just ruining my hair, like an exciting suspect chase, but without a suspect or the excitement.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Those brats on the street called me "defective detective" today. I pretended not to hear them but it was obvious I was just ignoring them. I held back the tears this time though

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I headed to McRooney's that night to try and clear my head. I sat down and told the bartender to give me the usual - scotch on the rocks - and he smiled at me.

"Hey, you're gonna put yourself into an early grave if you keep drinking like that."

"Kid, after what I've seen tonight, that'd be just peachy."

That's when I saw her. Sitting across the bar, smoke swirling around her head and turning her into a nicotine-stained angel. Darla. My sweet Darla. She turned her eyes away from me and quickly pulled some cash out of her handbag. She wanted out of there and fast. Not that I blame her too much. Our love burned hot and fast and with a job like mine she never knew when I'd be coming home to her. Not many dames could live like that, and hell, I didn't blame her one bit. As she packed up her things I rushed over to speak to her, just to let her know I didn't blame her for leaving.

"Darla, beautiful, I need to -"

"Enough! You don't pay child support, you dress up like it's the 1940s, and you spend what little money you have on alcohol and trench coats. You're losing weekend visitation rights, Eric. I swear to God I'm going home, calling my lawyer, and those papers are going to be in the mail TOMORROW morning."

Her words stung like a .45 right to the chest.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Her name was Snakehole, Janet Sankehole, and she was a fifty dollar problem in a five dollar dress.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I;m thinkin about thos gams

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I drove around LA at night in the convertible, trying to clear my head. Streelights passing noirlishy.

This city. This drat city. I needed an out, some way out of this mess with Languini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The heat. The heat is the worst part. These summer nights are endless. I can't take off my trenchcoat, or everyone will see my pit stains. And the fedora just looks cool, so it stays on. When I was questioning Jimmy Throatpunch, the river of sweat pouring down my brow must've made me look like a tough customer because he coughed up some names quick. As I left, the puddle of sweat I left in his diner seat dripped to the floor. I nearly slipped but caught myself on his shoulder, leaving a dark handprint. He winced.

Now to track down this Emma SnakeEyes. God I'm dizzy