Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

I've got frequent work for guys with your skills.

Stay listening.

Being a PI is the perfect cover. No one would ever suspect a dick of being a criminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Being a PI is the perfect cover. No one would ever suspect a dick of being a criminal.

Shut it skuzzball! I'll put you and your gang away!!

The Answer is 43
Oct 2, 2016

Rule 1:
Never Try to board a moving vehicle.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Them: Stop being such a dick!!!

Me: :smuggo:

(see this is why I personally self-identify as a 'gumshoe'; because instead of dicking around all day I get to plant my feet in the tar when I need to and amscray when it's time)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Answer is 43 posted:

Them: Stop being such a dick!!!

Me: :smuggo:

(see this is why I personally self-identify as a 'gumshoe'; because instead of dicking around all day I get to plant my feet in the tar when I need to and amscray when it's time)

Glad you're on board. We've had a backlog of mysteries.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Let's roll out squad. We've got mysteries to solve.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I知 a PIPI. I take on investigations for other private investigators.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The heck?? I don't remember agreeing to that. Although it's also totally possible I agreed to that.

Military off site rules apply.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
I watch the detectives file out with their sweat, whiskey breath, cheap tobacco stink, and their sweaty tobacco-and-whiskey-stained trenchcoats closed tight for the pea soup foggy weather outside. A good thing, I thought, as the whiskey and tobacco deliverydame has arrived. That's a real dame with real gams, and I'll be damned if I let her saunter into any detective's office. It was up to me to protect her, and for a face that beautiful I'd risk my life.

Maybe not my life, but for sure my job. This city is full of crummy detectives-- dime a dozen--but I could at least protect one dame's smile from them.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mistle posted:

I watch the detectives file out with their sweat, whiskey breath, cheap tobacco stink, and their sweaty tobacco-and-whiskey-stained trenchcoats closed tight for the pea soup foggy weather outside. A good thing, I thought, as the whiskey and tobacco deliverydame has arrived. That's a real dame with real gams, and I'll be damned if I let her saunter into any detective's office. It was up to me to protect her, and for a face that beautiful I'd risk my life.

Maybe not my life, but for sure my job. This city is full of crummy detectives-- dime a dozen--but I could at least protect one dame's smile from them.

You've got a freelancing nightly detective gig! If you want it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buce posted:

I知 a PIPI. I take on investigations for other private investigators.

So you've got cases from Detroit and such?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Oh boy, it's another great evening watching the city go by behind the curiously-wide bars of this pawn shop window. I, Skinny Rat-Faced Pawn Shop Guy, sure hope that no half-drunk chain-smoking private gumshoe walks in through that door looking for leads and in a mood to rough me up! No sir! That would spoil this lovely evening of mine for sure!

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

You've got a freelancing nightly detective gig! If you want it.

No thanks. The secretary job is just as vital and dangerous as the detective job, just instead of bullets and badguys, I deal with the gammy dames, paperwork, and questionable clients, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Someone's gotta take care of the dames while the gumshoes are all out connecting the dots, after all.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mistle posted:

No thanks. The secretary job is just as vital and dangerous as the detective job, just instead of bullets and badguys, I deal with the gammy dames, paperwork, and questionable clients, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Someone's gotta take care of the dames while the gumshoes are all out connecting the dots, after all.

Ah, that's our hook! It's a guy in short shorts.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Boss, I wrapped the missing jewelry case. You were right, Franky Fingers had them all along. Bad news is...let's just say he took a long walk off a short pier, ya hear me?

So now it's just me and the diamonds. And I got to thinking, who's to say Fingers didn't already sell 'em? ;)

Maybe we give Gracie a raise, she's a good kid

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Can I have a diamond?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Boss, I wrapped the missing jewelry case. You were right, Franky Fingers had them all along. Bad news is...let's just say he took a long walk off a short pier, ya hear me?

So now it's just me and the diamonds. And I got to thinking, who's to say Fingers didn't already sell 'em? ;)

Maybe we give Gracie a raise, she's a good kid

She makes more than any of us already!

Any updates on the Languinis?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'd been shot by Vito Salvatore and left to die in an alleyway. The rain went rat-a-tat-tat on the metal garbage cans, just like his tommy gun had done as it unloaded about a quarter pound of lead into my gut.

I started thinking of that dame again, the one with the sultry eyes and sultrier gams. She worked at the movie theater selling tickets. For months I'd go, see the pictures, and think about what I'd say to her. Finally, I built up the courage to talk to her. She handed me the ticket, telling me to enjoy the movie. I was a bundle of nerves and blurted out "Y-you, too." The moment was lost, maybe forever.

The rain kept falling as I felt my face go flush.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

6 hours in a Holiday Inn parking lot, waiting for Paul Languini to leave room 304.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク
The butler did it!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This was going to be my most difficult case yet. A dame, murdered in cold blood, her body stuffed into a suitcase and mailed to her ex-husband. The suspect? Frank "The Suitcase Killer" Ricaboni. How he got that nickname nobody seemed to know, but it was pretty damning in this case.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

redshirt posted:

6 hours in a Holiday Inn parking lot, waiting for Paul Languini to leave room 304.

Ok boss I've been tailing this Tony Spaghetti fella and...oh boy...I think I got some wires crossed here

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

A Fancy Hat posted:

This was going to be my most difficult case yet. A dame, murdered in cold blood, her body stuffed into a suitcase and mailed to her ex-husband. The suspect? Frank "The Suitcase Killer" Ricaboni. How he got that nickname nobody seemed to know, but it was pretty damning in this case.

The Case of the Case. Did you need to case the joint?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Ok boss I've been tailing this Tony Spaghetti fella and...oh boy...I think I got some wires crossed here

Jesus, check in with Gracie, I'm on a stakeout here.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Fine, I admit it. I've only been mentioning gams to fit in. I'm all about breasts dammit. Saying this means I'm likely to lose my PI license.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

You want I should go in there and rough 訴m up a little?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You want I should go in there and rough 訴m up a little?

No! Go get a hamburger and shake.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Checking out dive bars in The Oyster District. It smells of seaside and crime.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I was warned Linguini had goons, but when I arrived at the warehouse to scope them out, all I saw was a table of nerds playing cards. And not manly cards like for poker. Some kind of JR Tolkien game.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Anyone near the Industrial District? I could use a new trenchcoat and hat.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Penis Inspector, Private Dick

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Im your shifty former partner from the force that you thought was dead but now im in the run from the government for a crime i didnt commit, and also on the run from the mob for a crime i did commit, and i need your help for old times sake

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

X JAKK posted:

Im your shifty former partner from the force that you thought was dead but now im in the run from the government for a crime i didnt commit, and also on the run from the mob for a crime i did commit, and i need your help for old times sake

Sameson, you son of a bitch!

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I need someone around to subtly neg so I can make myself look smarter. I'll call my best friend, the unemployed veteran who always carries his old service revolver.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Old Man Languini is going to Tahoe this weekend, according to my sources.

Also, happy hours are a great way to stretch the food budget.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

dames

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

redshirt posted:

Old Man Languini is going to Tahoe this weekend, according to my sources.

Also, happy hours are a great way to stretch the food budget.

Boss can I take this one? I need to get out of town for a few days...I lost my patience when I got upstaged yet again by that loving kid detective Billy Whitman and kinda made a scene (yeah so I didn't know you can tell the species of an elephant by it's ears! Who woulda thunk that would crack the case of the circus heist)

Tahoe sounds nice, I could sightsee a little, take in the gams. Old Man Languini will be easy to tail, he's got that limp and he dont see so good

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Boss can I take this one? I need to get out of town for a few days...I lost my patience when I got upstaged yet again by that loving kid detective Billy Whitman and kinda made a scene (yeah so I didn't know you can tell the species of an elephant by it's ears! Who woulda thunk that would crack the case of the circus heist)

Tahoe sounds nice, I could sightsee a little, take in the gams. Old Man Languini will be easy to tail, he's got that limp and he dont see so good

You got it. Ask Gracie if she wants to tag along.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I've installed my favorite arcade game in my office, Big Gams Hunter.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Diner Coffee and 40 Pall Malls

30 bucks on the expense report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Another morning I'm driving for burgers and drinks down by the Malibu docks.