Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I could hear Jimmy running up to the agency door. Excitable kid that he was, once he had an idea he couldn't sneak up on a deaf man with the way he tore across the hardwood.

"Detective! There's big news," he shouted. His high pitched screeching voice danced across my hangover, I clenched my eyes shut tight in a wince.

"What's the news, Jimmy," I grumbled, "and for crying out loud keep your drat voice down." My hand fumbled with one of my desk drawers, desperately seeking out a bottle of painkillers that I already knew was empty.

"That old website guy, the one with the powder spine! They say he's pushing clouds!"

My eyes darted open, migraine be damned. That didn't add up. Why would the taxman bow out now? Wasn't his plan to take the money and run? This just got complicated.

"Jimmy, grab my coat. And go flag down one of our boys in blue. Tell em if they know what's good for em they'll be in YOSPOS within the hour."

It was a suicide run. I knew this. I'd be clocked within seconds of stepping into the 'POS territory. But everything pointed back one way. Everything was finally falling into place. A dead taxman, the posts from the wife, the silence from the moderators. They knew, of course. They had always known. It left only one person I could finger.

"Detective, are you sure about this?" The worry was clear in Jimmy's voice. He had seen his fair share of my coming back from a case in a mess, but even then I'd never tried picking a fight this openly. I'd skirt around FYAD, bag a CSPAMmer when they stepped out of line. This was different. This one would be for all the marbles.

"I'm sure, Jimmy. Sometimes you gotta let the big ones know they ain't invincible. Sometimes you gotta spit in their eye and hope you can get em with a sucker punch. Keep em honest. But if I'm being honest, Jimmy," I said, trying my best to keep my voice even.

"Yeah, Detective?"

"I'm gay, lol."

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gams