Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

yooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

verbal enema posted:

The best rain song is Rain from Cowboy Bebop

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

good luck to the contestants

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

rain owns

appetite for destruction owns but the rest of gnr is questionable

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

time for my periodic rewatch of Yakitate Japan

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Southern Cassowary posted:

rain owns

appetite for destruction owns but the rest of gnr is questionable

there is an album spread across both Use Your Illusion I & II that equals if not exceeds Appetite imo but it is unfortunately split into two separate uneven albums

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:c00lbert:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

consider, were Axl Rose not famously a stubborn egotistical rear end in a top hat:

1. Live and Let Die
2. Don't Cry
3. Back Off Bitch
4. Garden of Eden
5. Don't drat Me
6. Civil War
7. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
8. Locomotive
9. You Could Be Mine
10. Estranged
11. Coma

however this is unfortunately not the case as Axl Rose is famously a stubborn egotistical rear end in a top hat

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

apparently the newest crunchyroll app requires ios 16 which doesn’t work on my iphone 7 so I will not be watching any more anime (except d&d) this season (until I get my next hand-me-down up to snuff)

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

maybe I’ll start on grimm variations

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

sb hermit posted:

apparently the newest crunchyroll app requires ios 16 which doesn’t work on my iphone 7 so I will not be watching any more anime (except d&d) this season (until I get my next hand-me-down up to snuff)

:filez:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/1781158535071514775

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

how did they gently caress up yuri on ice that badly

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MAPPA

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

double albums are usually a mistake, but even if you pare use your illusion down to its highlights it pales in comparison to appetite. afd's the only successful realization of the mix of sleaze and virtuosity 80s hair metal was trying to sell, and it accomplished it by looking backwards. slash mixes randy rhoads-style accessible shred with giant angus young-level rock riff writing and none of his contemporaries pulled that off. he didn't even pull it off again, the best post gnr riff he wrote is like, what, slither?

the opening riffs to welcome to the jungle and mr brownstone are absolutely godlike. no one could touch that poo poo. afd is a titan of hard rock songwriting.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

double albums are usually a mistake, but even if you pare use your illusion down to its highlights it pales in comparison to appetite. afd's the only successful realization of the mix of sleaze and virtuosity 80s hair metal was trying to sell, and it accomplished it by looking backwards. slash mixes randy rhoads-style accessible shred with giant angus young-level rock riff writing and none of his contemporaries pulled that off. he didn't even pull it off again, the best post gnr riff he wrote is like, what, slither?

the opening riffs to welcome to the jungle and mr brownstone are absolutely godlike. no one could touch that poo poo. afd is a titan of hard rock songwriting.

objectively yes Appetite is quite possibly the greatest glam metal album ever released and one of the most influential rock records of all time, but from a personal standpoint i am a pretentious rear end in a top hat who likes when bands try to expand their songwriting skills and take a more liberal, occasionally progressive approach to their sound

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

for reference my favorite Maiden album is Somewhere in Time, Megadeth is Rust, and i prefer AJFA over Puppets (though Lightning trumps them both)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

actually come to think of it a lot of my favorite albums from thrash bands are around the turn of 1990 when they decided that Watchtower and Coroner were pretty cool, let's try and be like them

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Here comes the rain again

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

this is fair but tbh i think the illusions are not a successful realization of the idea expansion most bands go through on their follow-up albums.

also it's powerslave, ajfa is the fourth best metallica album, and rust imo. rust is unimpeachable.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

that’s true but :effort:

I can still watch on desktop if I really want to

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

gotta wonder what happened here, they had the most successful original anime of the past 10 years and they bailed on it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this is fair but tbh i think the illusions are not a successful realization of the idea expansion most bands go through on their follow-up albums.

also it's powerslave, ajfa is the fourth best metallica album, and rust imo. rust is unimpeachable.

i can respect Powerslave and Rust but there is no way no how KIll is better than AJFA. absolutely way more influential but so rough around the edges and with about as many forgettable tracks (Phantom Lord, Motorbreath, No Remorse)

e: and i know about AJFA's bass mixing but please understand i cannot compare absolutely anyone's playing regardless to Cliff other than maybe Les Claypool and Steve DiGiorgio

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i enjoy rough around the edges first albums, they feel like primal screams into the unknown. experienced bands sand the edge off with skill.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

gotta wonder what happened here, they had the most successful original anime of the past 10 years and they bailed on it

The last concrete news was in 2019 when they announced a delay

And then Jujutsu Kaisen happened in 2020 lmao

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The only aspect to it that particularly confuses me is that they were just busy pulling Utsumi back after Banana Fish. Like if you wanted to court women and fujoshi again, you had a loving IP for it already. Otherwise it feels to easy to just chalk it up with the other stupid decisions this studio makes on a regular basis despite their continued success.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i enjoy rough around the edges first albums, they feel like primal screams into the unknown. experienced bands sand the edge off with skill.

i think that's just where you and i differ then, i appreciate humble beginnings but give me that slick, treble-heavy third-ish album tech thrash sound and ohhhh baby

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

i think that's just where you and i differ then, i appreciate humble beginnings but give me that slick, treble-heavy third-ish album tech thrash sound and ohhhh baby

both are valid opinions :cheers:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

now whats your opinion on the new utada hikaru album where they rerecorded all their old songs to make them suck rear end

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

homeless snail posted:

now whats your opinion on the new utada hikaru album where they rerecorded all their old songs to make them suck rear end

sounds like every remastering job in the 21st century to me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they sound like theyre 60 years old in the new hikari lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_WhIHwiYOw

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

sb hermit posted:

maybe I’ll start on grimm variations

On one hand it's at best super average and twists on fairy tales is played out. OTOH the 5th episode was a western with a Muscle Lady and was gay

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:supaburn:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The ending of 86 was a tear jerker, but not in the way I was expecting. :unsmith:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

hope we get another tag team match this season

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

SatoshiMiwa posted:

the 5th episode was a western with a Muscle Lady and was gay

I’m sold

CLAMP delivers again

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sb hermit posted:

hope we get another tag team match this season

Always fun to work with the boss but I am terrified of all mixed tag matches moving forward.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

kirbysuperstar posted:

i'm only happy when it raaaains

this is the noise that keeps me awake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

kirbysuperstar posted:

there's worse bands (u2 lmao) but any slight goodwill I had was evaporated by burnout paradise

:ohdear: what happened with burnout?