Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

the funniest part of the reserved list is how cards like thunder spirit regularly threw a wrench in draft format design because there were a bunch of times where a 2/2 flying first strike for 1ww was the common they needed for draft and they just couldn't print it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They shouldn't have done this.

100%

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

a friend gifted me a copy, definitely worth playing but I'm not good at estimating poker odds so I usually flame out around the third or fourth boss blind.
if you're actually playing poker, you're playing balatro wrong. it's all about pumping up the value of the hands that are easy to play, and making the hands you want to play easier to get. my ideal balatro run is just getting to play two pair 60 times in a row

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It was 18 degrees outside yesterday.

Now it's 2 degrees and snowing

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Julias posted:

a couple of the fights are improved, and there is a bunch of good music for the OPs and EDs, but overall it's a pretty by the numbers adaptation and is filled with a bunch of filler content too.

It also, uh, ends at a point so you have to jump onto the manga anyways at that point.

I looked at the episode list and it takes like 10 episodes to get to the ice mage fight which is like barely anytime into the manga...Maybe I'll pass lol.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

homeless snail posted:

if you're actually playing poker, you're playing balatro wrong. it's all about pumping up the value of the hands that are easy to play, and making the hands you want to play easier to get. my ideal balatro run is just getting to play two pair 60 times in a row

this, but playing flushes twenty times

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I’ve been putting off picking up balatro, but I’m off work next week and stuck at home so I’m looking forward to picking up a crippling addiction

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

balatro and luck be a landlord are both my choice of game for wanting to chill and think a bit for about fifteen minutes

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I can’t play balatro without trying for endless hands of aces it’s so easy to build I can’t stop myself. I hope the game gets a big update with lots of goodies because it’s a lot of fun.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1783151488572735622

ending was good i think. series got very metaphysical in the back arcs but given the whole buddhism thing thats kinda expected

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Balatro is ftw

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

where's S2 of Land of the Lustrous

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1783151488572735622

ending was good i think. series got very metaphysical in the back arcs but given the whole buddhism thing thats kinda expected
actually saddened about it finally ending. we all knew it was coming but...drat...

GateOfD posted:

where's S2 of Land of the Lustrous
never ever because Orange hates me specifically

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Runa posted:

it's a pretty good followup to visiting every Rainforest Cafe in America

it's incredible how even the saddest Margaritaville still looks better than most Rainforest Cafes

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

symbolic posted:

it's incredible how even the saddest Margaritaville still looks better than most Rainforest Cafes

I haven’t ever been to either and I hope I never go

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

not anime but live action golden kamuy on netflix has a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6DmjhcSt8Q

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Are Hard Rock Cafes still a thing? I remember that once upon a time their t-shirts were everywhere, but I haven't heard anything about the brand in long, long time.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

still haven't glanced at the Parasyte korean live action on netflix

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Kild posted:

this you?

Yes

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Paracelsus posted:

Are Hard Rock Cafes still a thing? I remember that once upon a time their t-shirts were everywhere, but I haven't heard anything about the brand in long, long time.

somehow yes

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k

sb hermit posted:

not anime but live action golden kamuy on netflix has a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6DmjhcSt8Q

BOYS AINT BEEFY ENOUGH

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
It would cost over $1400 if I wanted to get all of the Monogatari series blurays.

I want to get the Garden of Sinners and Heaven's Feel BDs, and that would set me back $370. And that's with a 25% sale. >_>

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

It was 18 degrees outside yesterday.

Now it's 2 degrees and snowing

Its 3 and sunny here. Risk of snow overnight and into tomorrow though.

It was -4 on my way to work this morning.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Just got back from my inaugural Japan trip. Had a great time doing all the tourist-y stuff, anime nonsense, and eating great food, but wanted to post about the most fun/rewarding experiences I had.

I manage to collect goshuin from 72 different shrines/temples! It was a great excuse go to areas I wouldn't normally see as a tourist and visit a local shrine/temple and to engage with people, at least a little. Some of the coolest shrines/temples I visited were tucked away in quiet neighbourhoods, random alleys, or in one case just in the side of some random office building.

I mostly bought these really nice wooden hardcover goshuinchos from Loft but one temple in Kyoto was selling a Yoshitaka Amano goshuincho collab and I picked it up immediately. Highlight was at Kumakuma Shrine in Ikebukuro the priestess doing the admin stuff said it was cool.

(best attempt at trying to paste together a representative picture somehow)

For anyone who cares, the stamps are from (right to left, top to bottom):

quote:

Book 1:
Kanda (accidentally pasted to the front cover)
Karasumori
Koyasu Inari
Ohi
Takagi
Tobiki Inari
Yasukuni
Iseyama Kotaijingu
Naritasan Yokohama Betsuin
Hozenji
Kasuga Taisha
Tamukeyama Hachimangu
Todaiji
Kofukuji
Goryo
Sukunahikona
Osaka Tenmangu
Tsuyuten (Ohashi Tenjin)

Book 2:
Uji
Ujikami
Byodo-in
Heian
Yasaka
Chikurinin
Sakuramoto-bo
Yoshimizu
Kimpusenji
Namba
Ikasuri (Zama)
Hokoku
Horikoshi
Fushimi Inari
Fushimi Inari: Okusha Hohaisho
Kiyomizu-dera: Okuno-in

Book 3:
Yasaka Koshin-do
Yasui Kompiragu
Go-o
Kinkaku-ji
Ginkaku-ji
Mirokuin
Otoyo
Nanzen-ji
Himeji gokoku
Himeji
Ikuta
Horin-ji
Nonomiya
Mikami
Eifuku-ji
Honno-ji

Book 4:
Jojakkoji
Nishiki Tenmangu
Togo
Meiji
Hanazono
Azabu Hikawa
Hoshuin
Butsugan-ji
Ikebukuro Hikawa
Kumakuma
Ikebukuro Mitake
Miyamasu Mitake
Ono Terusaki
Senso-ji
Asakusa
Hikan Inari
Kabuki Inari
Namiyoke Inari
Ryukomyo
Enoshima: Hetsunomiya
Inokashira Benzaiten
Tenso

Goshuin were generally either calligraphy/stamps done right into the book or a print you glue in after. At least for the most part, the prints had seasonal/special designs that are neat to look at. I got real good at praying by the end of this. Even managed to be able to ask go goshuin/different stamps combinations entirely in Japanese in the end without them giving up on me and speaking English back. Fun!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

RuBisCO posted:

Even managed to be able to ask go goshuin/different stamps combinations entirely in Japanese in the end without them giving up on me and speaking English back. Fun!

:nice:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

how long were you in japan

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

how long were you in japan

30 days

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
30 days to explore another country sounds nice.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Arc Hammer posted:

30 days to explore another country sounds nice.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

That Little Demon posted:

:siren: This Friday, 4/25/24, I will be doing a marathon of the PSX version of Diablo 1 because of reaching 30 subs on twitch :siren:

I will be playing from level 1, through every difficulty, until beating diablo on the hardest setting. I expect a 12-14 hour stream.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

ok that's badass

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
im insanely jealous of a month in japan

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I assume the channel is https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Sure is!

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I just started Chainsaw Man. Does the weird horniness stay? I thought that 'touching boobs' comment was a one-off whatever-dude comment, but no.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that's core to the csm experience

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

busalover posted:

I just started Chainsaw Man. Does the weird horniness stay? I thought that 'touching boobs' comment was a one-off whatever-dude comment, but no.
denji is the realest of us all.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

that boy's an absolute dumbass (affectionate)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Denji being a socially maladjusted teenager is a core part of his character and how he gets so easily manipulated by those around him. It's good IMO.