Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ohtori Akio posted:

utena ftmfw

beginning to feel this way as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
it's fun and good to put stuff on burgers. pickles, onions, tomatoes, an egg, peanut butter, i don't care

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

*nod*

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
last two episodes of mygo followed by watching the vikings get beat up in a nationally televised broadcast of the nfl, gonna be a good thursday night.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm at work and can't watch last episode of MyGo ;(

that was me 45 minutes ago, stay strong!

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
my favorites are either about nature fighting back, or lupin. i haven't seen 3-4 miyazaki movies so i can't make a real tier list.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
if you know that there are some friends on a boat and some of them have magic powers that's probably enough to watch the movie.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ohtori Akio posted:

i read some one piece in shonen jump a long time ago. i remember santoryu and big freakign titties. so its got a warm place in my heart

one piece gold is probably the premier big freaking titties one piece movie if you crave more one piece movie content after baron omatsuri. tenuous miyazaki connections at best though

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Endorph posted:

theres karakuri castle where the animators were truly wilding the gently caress out

the google image results are 90% screencaps of scenes with nami or robin in them

lol hype. shame on me for not watching the movies between omatsuri and strong world because i thought they were all abridged remakes

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i can't wait to find out in the official ADTRW Revolutionary Girl Utena Re/Watch

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i just got back from Las Vegas and i'm tired. they'll be there tomorrow at some point, and yes there will be a large picture

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

no idea what the reference is but lol

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

thank you. lol again

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

thank you kojima. can't wait to see how many vtubers are in death stranding 2

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ohtori Akio posted:

hearing goodn things about mygo. is it that good in your view

i'm not a southern cassowary but yes

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
how come miyazaki never resolves big interpersonal conflicts by having one girl balance a juicebox on another girls head

https://i.imgur.com/yLRqkJF.mp4

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

marumaru posted:

that animation is bad

i think there's some charm to the awkwardness in that specific scene. mygo pretty much always has strong framing and shot composition even though it doesn't have a bunch of explosions where cubes pop out

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ohtori Akio posted:

he is too busy contemplating the noble aeroplane. and can you blame him

i was on a plane last weekend and a person in the seat ahead of me tried to fight someone because she thought they were taking too long to deboard. not sure i see the appeal

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

homeless snail posted:

I want off the loving airplane don't stop in the aisle if you don't want your rear end kicked

i'll take as long as i need to ensure all of my magic: the gathering cards are still safe. taste my blade

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ohtori Akio posted:

i do not love 3dcg if i am to be truthful. thats pretty good 3dcg but it still feels off

i was a doubter at first but mygo has everything i look for in an anime (inverted shots of the characters during emotional conflict and reflections of powerlines with cicadas buzzing in the background)

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

sube posted:

i love raising my blood sugar levels

this.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

if togashi keeps putting out 8 chapters a year i can live with it

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
anime is cool

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

lol

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i don't think the birdie wing ending is perfect, but it's fine and it won't make you actively regret watching it or something.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Tales of Woe posted:

its fun looking at old seasonal threads and seeing, like, haruhi way down the list with some dismissive description while everyone posts about being excited for .hack//roots

drat... the past is messed up

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

sube posted:

Honestly my main worry is infecting my parents since I’m living with them due to being short on money atm, and they don't believe in covid being a thing at all really. I‘m just gonna try and quarantine through being very anti-social is my idea

stay strong sube. sounds like you have a golden opportunity to watch episodes 1-24 of revolutionary girl utena at least

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

sube posted:

You‘re so right. Will do o7

:cheersdoge: i'm a first timer in the rewatch and it rules so far

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

dang this rules. welcome to my endless list of anime to watch, gallery fake

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the first couple gurren lagann episodes were the first thing i ever watched drunk at a con surrounded by a bunch of other drunk weirdos so i think it's pretty cool

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
it's only a matter of time till the makimas are replaced by the cooler part 2 characters like asa, fami, and falling devil

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ibblebibble posted:

There's a certain dread to seeing a can of Strong Zero with 9% plastered on it in person that just seeing a picture of a can online cannot replicate.

bless suntory and their potent convenience store highballs

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
dear internet,

thank you for telling me to perform whatever a 'cmos reset' is so my computer actually turns on and i can watch anime again. your friend,

big leg

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Meowywitch posted:

your leg isnt that big

how dare you

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Tales of Woe posted:

his episodes of sonny boy were so good. i'm not surprised he turned out to be a strong director after that

yeah, i think someone mentioned he was the sonny boy dog episode guy in the seasonal thread and that instantly sold bocchi for me.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ohtori Akio posted:

marriage toxin having an even split between epic badass action and goofy romance is ideal. its perfect. no notes

my perfect ratio is slightly more dates and slightly less fighting the gross beast clan guy, but i'm just nitpicking.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Southern Cassowary posted:

it's blowing like 20 mph and i don't wanna play video games tonight so i've thrown on ssss.gridman

good decision. gridman is probably my favorite show i watched in 2023, although it's possible utena steals the crown at the last minute.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ohtori Akio posted:

havent gotten to him. please consider that the romance and fights often overlap. many cute moments also involve deadly combat.........

true, there would be no magician girl reverse piggyback ride if they didn't spend 10 chapters fighting the sound guy. the beast dude is a real sicko, so maybe you'll like him more than i did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Southern Cassowary posted:

three eps in and i'm loving what i've seen so far. the strong direction really helps give a moody, mysterious vibe to all the weirdness of what's happening and all the tokusatsu fights are fun as hell.

yeah the atmosphere is incredible. it also weaponizes that weirdness for absurdity (especially in how it treats the villains), but i don't know if you've gotten to anything that i'm thinking of specifically