Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I don't like the idea of "I like melfs"

E: pew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

racism is bad and mental illness is unfortunate and poorly if at all treated in the us

I wish racism didn’t taint so much of the spooky because it reflects poorly on the innocent members of the supernatural in our communities who just want to eat our brains

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Possible ambiguities:

The F (ᚠ) could be an O (ᚩ) - or even a very poorly-written A (ᚪ). I wouldn't put anything past this guy, since the C at the beginning was so badly mangled.

CHRISMLS??
MILS?? : OIDLES

The writing is also lovely enough that the second M (ᛗ) could be a D (ᛞ). But that's unlikely, given the repetition of the first line (where it's clearly an M).

E:

Shot in the dark here, but it could be the name "CHRIS MILSON" (ᛗᛁᛚᛋᛟᚾ), if he failed to write the "ON" correctly. The characters he does use are vaguely similar. That still wouldn't explain the "FIDLES", though.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 14, 2023

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm betting it's "Chris likes milk tiddies" written badly.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Das Boo posted:

I'm betting it's "Chris likes milk tiddies" written badly.

It's all making sense now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Grey Cat posted:

It's all making sense now.

Oh poo poo. THis thing goes all the way to the top, huh?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

What’s this about elves now? I was nowhere near that mirror.

Honest.

Jolly Saint Nick
Sep 10, 2023

Santa baby,
Hurry down my chimney tonight!

:neckbeard::ohdearsass:

Dick Fontaine posted:

they could simply be some kind of meth elf.

Meth elves are nothing to be trifled with.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I believe the ^ over the CHRIS, the smiley face, and the poo poo underneath are just decorative. If you ignore that stuff, you get:

CHRISMLS??
MILS?? : FIDLES

The last five characters of the first line are apparently repeated on the second line, but with an additional "i". This could indicate that they hosed up the first attempt, and that it's 'supposed to' read:

CHRIS MILS??
MILS?? : FIDLES

The ?? parts are the characters that resemble an x and a backwards dollar sign, which have yet to be identified.

Current hypothesis: you got a white supremacist named Chris haunting the terlet, and he's got pretty bad writing.

I swear I’ve seen the dollar sign looking thing in a video game that uses faux runes in a puzzle or two.

I also got “Chris” and a bunch of gibberish using a table for a runic font that may or may not follow any of the actually runic written languages. But it was also missing the dollar signy thing.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Possible ambiguities:

The F (ᚠ) could be an O (ᚩ) - or even a very poorly-written A (ᚪ). I wouldn't put anything past this guy, since the C at the beginning was so badly mangled.

CHRISMLS??
MILS?? : OIDLES

The writing is also lovely enough that the second M (ᛗ) could be a D (ᛞ). But that's unlikely, given the repetition of the first line (where it's clearly an M).

E:

Shot in the dark here, but it could be the name "CHRIS MILSON" (ᛗᛁᛚᛋᛟᚾ), if he failed to write the "ON" correctly. The characters he does use are vaguely similar. That still wouldn't explain the "FIDLES", though.

It's CHRISTMAS

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
I studied Scandinavian history back in my university days, with a focus mainly on the pre-Christian era. While I dropped out before obtaining my degree, I can say with certainty that your script is elder Futhark. Or rather, elder Futhark with messed-up diacritics. The person who wrote that probably did not know how to read runes and copied from a sheet of paper, because the text is actually mirrored.

Unfortunately, even if you flip the text back around, it's still a bunch of nonsense. A rough translation is "there was a hole here. It's gone now."

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Zybourne Clock posted:

I studied Scandinavian history back in my university days, with a focus mainly on the pre-Christian era. While I dropped out before obtaining my degree, I can say with certainty that your script is elder Futhark. Or rather, elder Futhark with messed-up diacritics. The person who wrote that probably did not know how to read runes and copied from a sheet of paper, because the text is actually mirrored.

Unfortunately, even if you flip the text back around, it's still a bunch of nonsense. A rough translation is "there was a hole here. It's gone now."

interesting

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Zybourne Clock posted:

sounds like a dyslexic frisian drywall repairman was here

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Zybourne Clock posted:

could hole actually be interdimensional portal?

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

meat police posted:

Dick Fontaine posted:

not sure if this little guy means you well or ill

could go either way

he's so happy so it's prob a good thing

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Zybourne Clock posted:

lol

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.

Zybourne Clock posted:

the text is actually mirrored.

been saying this

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
lol you’re loving dead, kiddo.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You are in great danger OP!
Whatever you do, don't turn the mirror back around or you will meet a hideous monster.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Haven't we all at some point knew a guy who listened to prog rock, drove an airbrushed van, and had a dozen posters of wizards on his walls?

I can totally see some long-haired scrawny wizard-core nerd in the 70s doing this to try and open a portal to the other side while he's baked out of his gourd with his crew of wizard-obsessed bros.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

wizards would get the runes right. this is meth elves for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Haven't we all at some point knew a guy who listened to prog rock, drove an airbrushed van, and had a dozen posters of wizards on his walls?

See also: women who saw "The Craft" in middle school and started studying Wicca and other versions of reconstructed witchcraft