Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Rock music, with its electrifying guitar riffs, passionate vocals, and rebellious spirit, has captivated audiences for decades. From its humble beginnings in the 1950s to its evolution into various subgenres, rock music has produced a plethora of legendary artists who have left an indelible mark on the music industry.
The Beatles
No list of top rock artists is complete without The Beatles. This British band, consisting of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr, forever altered the course of music history. With their innovative songwriting, harmonious melodies, and revolutionary albums like "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," The Beatles set the standard for rock bands worldwide.

Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin, led by the legendary Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, brought a seismic shift to rock music. Their fusion of blues, hard rock, and folk elements gave birth to timeless classics like "Stairway to Heaven" and "Whole Lotta Love." Their prowess as musicians and stage performers solidified their place in rock history.

The Rolling Stones
Known for their raw energy and longevity, The Rolling Stones have been rocking the world since the early 1960s. Mick Jagger's charismatic stage presence and Keith Richards' iconic guitar riffs have made this British band an enduring force in the rock world.

Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd's ethereal and experimental approach to rock music reshaped the genre in the 1970s. Albums like "Dark Side of the Moon" and "The Wall" are masterpieces that delve into the depths of human emotion, making them a cornerstone of progressive rock.

Queen
Fronted by the incomparable Freddie Mercury, Queen was known for its eclectic style, combining rock, opera, and glam. Their anthems like "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "We Will Rock You" continue to resonate with audiences across generations.

Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix, a virtuoso guitarist and a true innovator, expanded the boundaries of rock music with his electrifying performances and groundbreaking guitar work. His albums like "Are You Experienced?" and "Axis: Bold as Love" remain iconic in the rock canon.

The Who
The Who, with their explosive live performances and concept albums like "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia," established themselves as pioneers of rock opera. Roger Daltrey's powerful vocals and Pete Townshend's guitar prowess defined their sound.

David Bowie
David Bowie was a chameleon of rock, constantly reinventing himself and pushing artistic boundaries. His alter ego Ziggy Stardust and albums like "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" cemented his status as an icon.

Bruce Springsteen
"The Boss," Bruce Springsteen, captured the essence of the American working-class spirit in his music. With anthems like "Born to Run" and "Born in the USA," he became a voice for the common man and a symbol of hope.

Nirvana
Nirvana, led by the enigmatic Kurt Cobain, brought grunge to the forefront of the music scene in the 1990s. Their album "Nevermind" and the iconic track "Smells Like Teen Spirit" defined a generation and left an indelible mark on rock history.

Wizard Master fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Hmm, in baiting argument with such a controversial topic, it would appear that Wizard Master has finally become a Master Baiter

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

That's a real boomer list there wiard master. Except for nirvana but that's a basic rear end choice anyway so you get no points for that.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Good list except for Springsteen

Cmon GAG

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I like Rush. I saw them live in 2010. Very cool.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Rainbow
Steppenwolf
Marillion
Uriah Heep
Journey
Slade
Boston
Doobie Brothers
Genesis

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Deadmouse and Avici are right up there imo

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Black Sabbath
Korn
Sleep
Necrophagist
Weezer
The Black Dahlia Murder
Deathspell Omega
Green Day
Metallica
Explosions In The Sky

honorable mention: Iwrestledabearonce (but only with the original singer)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Zeppelin
Megadeth
Sleep
Pre-Heritage Opeth
High on Fire
Mastodon
Beatles
Sabbath
Cream
Zappa

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

definitely the people who carved mount rushomre.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

OP you obviously put a lot of thought and work into your post, and even tho I was born in 1965, all I can think is OK boomer. Where's Buzzcocks?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
OP have you heard of the 21st century?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Wziard master just using chat gpt to write his posts now, very shameful

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Sir Nose posted:

OP you obviously put a lot of thought and work into your post, and even tho I was born in 1965, all I can think is OK boomer. Where's Buzzcocks?

it's not that much work to type in chatgpt.com

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Sir Nose posted:

they are vv good.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Grunk
Ungh
Burk
Durf
Ook
Unga and Bunga
Togh
Gug
and my personal favorite, Bugh.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
I listen to modular noise wall engineers

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I listen to modular noise wall engineers

i got that numero group compilation too.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
The Weakerthans
Cymbals Eat Guitars
Spoon
The Replacements
Elder
Vektor
The Cure
Jawbreaker
Soundgarden
Isis

also painfully boring list from you OP gee whiz

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
As a New Jersey native who has to work, gently caress Bruce Springsteen. Nebraska is tight though.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
It took me a long time to understand the appeal of Springsteen, but Atlantic City is one of the best songs ever written

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Michelangelo was pretty good with rocks.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Spinz posted:

Good list except for Springsteen

Cmon GAG

If Bruce ain't the Boss I quit!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

As a New Jersey native who has to work, gently caress Bruce Springsteen. Nebraska is tight though.

Nebraska's "State Trooper" is apparently influenced by Suicide's "Frankie Teardrop". :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_dXp0eF8s0

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

All I need is ACDC and Zep and I'm good to go.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Nirvana on that list is laughable. Drop them and The Who, add AC/DC and Black Sabbath and you're good.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

redshirt posted:

All I need is ACDC and Zep and I'm good to go.

ewwwwwwwwwwww

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
ACDC is Aussie trash.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

kntfkr posted:

ewwwwwwwwwwww

Those two are the only hard rock bands on the original list. You're clearly a soft rock kinda person...ewwwwwww

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Shut up pencilhands

Oh poo poo

itry
Aug 23, 2019

kntfkr posted:

ACDC is Aussie trash.

I'm only into Scottish trash, myself.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The actual list should be

1) Pig Destroyer

end of list

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Black Sunshine posted:

The actual list should be

1) Pig Destroyer

end of list

What did that pig do? What was its crime?

:hmmyes:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

ACDC is Aussie trash.

And?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Smugworth posted:

Nebraska's "State Trooper" is apparently influenced by Suicide's "Frankie Teardrop". :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_dXp0eF8s0

Springsteen was a huge backer and champion of suicide. also “hungry heart” was originally written for the ramones and “because the night” was written as a duet for patti smith.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

itry posted:

What did that pig do? What was its crime?

:hmmyes:

Choosing to wear the badge is a crime unto itself

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Where's imagine dragons?!?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Black Sunshine posted:

Choosing to wear the badge is a crime unto itself

Ah, I was thinking about that pig with the giant balls. My bad.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dragonforce
The Offspring (only Americana and after)
Avenged Sevenfold or A7X as I call them
Hollywood Undead
Metallica
Ghost
Imagine Dragons
Fallout Boy
Slipnot
Lincoln Park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

neato burrito posted:

honorable mention: Iwrestledabearonce (but only with the original singer)

I'm not much of a core kid so their stuff never really clicked with me, but I met the OG singer and guitarist at a show once and they were both incredibly lovely people.