Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
In no particular order because they're not necessarily comparable, also the specific albums that I think are accomplishments (because all of these bands have some lovely-rear end albums)

Tool - Lateralus
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Tortoise - TNT
The Sea and Cake - Oui
Coheed & Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth 3
Cold War Kids - Robbers & Cowards, Loyalty to Loyalty
Minus the Bear - Highly Refined Pirates
Silversun Pickups - Swoon
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
Rage Against The Machine - Evil Empire

Honestly this would be more interesting if you had to pick your top ten favorite CDs. Saying David Bowie is a Rock God isn't controversial or a conversation topic, saying why you liked Ziggy Stardust (without talking about boomer poo poo) would be a lot more entertaining. I personally identify with albums more than bands, because (except maybe for AC/DC) every album sounds different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Saalkin posted:

Not planet of ice?!?

FYI hot cocoa loves that album use that to black mail him some how

Edit : planet of ice that is

Planet of ice is good, but I don't like the time changes that MTB got into with their later releases. Omni especially. TTNG - Animals is a supremely good album in the same vein, but I didn't pick it for my list because I like MTB more :shrug:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Saalkin posted:

God drat Animals is so good. You listen to the anniversary acoustic version? That poo poo is incredible.

:haibrower:

I was genuinely surprised when I saw it pop up. AFAIK TTNG really only made that one album, and nobody I know IRL has ever heard of them.

:ssh: I think I discovered them in SA :filez: :ssh:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

TengenNewsEditor posted:

time to rock out :rock: to tortoise

Art rock IS Rock :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwJf5fw57Yo&t=1863s

EDIT

:lol: watch a bunch of grandpas try to recreate art rock from 30 years ago

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

I forget where the quote comes from, but when one great guitarist was asked who he thought was the best guitarist, he answered "Prince" with no hesitation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

What Prince stunt live on some pretty big guitar dudes